A W Reezy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, NBA2K

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

http://time.com/2850...endo-interview/

"How long have you been working on the new Star Foxgame?

We originally began working with Star Fox back on Wii, and we had a small group of people experimenting with it for many years, maybe about six years, but we didn’t find an idea that really brought that together for the Wii. So instead we moved experimentation to the Wii U using some of the same assets. It’s been maybe 6 to 10 months that we’ve been experimenting with it."

Looks like we should be getting a detailed Star Fox game.  Does this shoot down any theory that Metroid will be shown at E3?  I can't imagine Nintendo working both a Star Fox and Metroid game along with Smash Bros. and Zelda.  Either way, this is exciting!

Edited by A W Reezy, 10 June 2014 - 06:25 AM.

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:18 AM

starfox-miyamoto.jpg?w=1100

project giant robot

projectgiantrobot.jpg?w=300

project guard

projectguard.jpg?w=300

Edited by Sorceror12, 10 June 2014 - 06:19 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:18 AM

Sweet!  Gonna guess it will be a while before we see it released.

#4 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:19 AM

OMG is it real!?!?!?!?!?!/!/!/😃:-(:-(:P:P:):(:-(:(:-(:S🎃🎆🎉🎊🎊🎃🎃

Sorry I went a little crazy
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:23 AM

edit

looks interesting. hopefully star fox is a full game and not a mini game.

And the third project? A game Nintendo fans have been waiting for a very long time to see: Star Fox is back, only reimagined on the Wii U using Miyamoto’s new GamePad-based controls — controls that’ll ask of players things they’ve never had to do before in a video game. Whether they’ll come willing or balk remains to be seen, but Miyamoto is convinced he’s on to a control scheme that’s not only novel, but with practice, indispensable.

In his new version of Star Fox — still fundamentally a spaceship-based shooter — players now use the GamePad’s motion controls to aim and fire the Arwing’s weapons, simultaneously controlling the nimble craft itself by thumbing the joysticks to accelerate or turn and pull off signature moves like barrel rolls, loops and the tactically essential Immelman turn. And you can still morph your Arwing into a land tank, rocketing down to the surface of a planet, then rattling around the battlefield and laying waste to the landscape.

But Miyamoto and his team have added a new vehicle mode, one that’s designed to exemplify the new motion control scheme: It lets up to two players pilot a helicopter-like craft, one player controlling the helicopter itself, the other controlling a tiny robot you can drop from a tether to roll around a limited area, either snatching up booty or blasting enemies. Leave the robot hanging as you fly around the battlefield and it becomes a kind of dangling, swingable cannon.

Edited by Sorceror12, 10 June 2014 - 06:21 AM.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

A "mini-game" might not be that bad- if it follows the Castle Storm example with a few more DLC.  Plenty of content going that route.  But yeah, a full retail game would be awesome.

edit

looks interesting. hopefully star fox is a full game and not a mini game.

And the third project? A game Nintendo fans have been waiting for a very long time to see: Star Fox is back, only reimagined on the Wii U using Miyamoto’s new GamePad-based controls — controls that’ll ask of players things they’ve never had to do before in a video game. Whether they’ll come willing or balk remains to be seen, but Miyamoto is convinced he’s on to a control scheme that’s not only novel, but with practice, indispensable.

In his new version of Star Fox — still fundamentally a spaceship-based shooter — players now use the GamePad’s motion controls to aim and fire the Arwing’s weapons, simultaneously controlling the nimble craft itself by thumbing the joysticks to accelerate or turn and pull off signature moves like barrel rolls, loops and the tactically essential Immelman turn. And you can still morph your Arwing into a land tank, rocketing down to the surface of a planet, then rattling around the battlefield and laying waste to the landscape.

But Miyamoto and his team have added a new vehicle mode, one that’s designed to exemplify the new motion control scheme: It lets up to two players pilot a helicopter-like craft, one player controlling the helicopter itself, the other controlling a tiny robot you can drop from a tether to roll around a limited area, either snatching up booty or blasting enemies. Leave the robot hanging as you fly around the battlefield and it becomes a kind of dangling, swingable cannon.

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:31 AM

lol page taken down... what a mistake by TIME

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:31 AM

Is this real life?

I told you guys the kiosks shaped as Arewings meant star Fox :o

Edited by Ryudo, 10 June 2014 - 06:32 AM.

#9 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:32 AM

Well, this doesn't seem fake to me tbh. But very early stages. I hope this doesn't eradicate the possibility of Metroid or Zelda being shown.

Well, this doesn't seem fake to me tbh. But very early stages. I hope this doesn't eradicate the possibility of Metroid or Zelda being shown.

No sig.

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:35 AM

These are Miyamoto's pet projects... don't group in with what other stuff Nintendo will show. Think of this as the appetizer.

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:35 AM

Its real.

And the controls have sold me on it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:38 AM

Never thought I would see this... All I can say is...

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#13 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:39 AM

These are Miyamoto's pet projects... don't group in with what other stuff Nintendo will show. Think of this as the appetizer.

Is this the Nintendo Minute/Treehouse thing?

No sig.

#14 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:40 AM

might be part of it. i would think so.. these look to be on demo units so people can get a taste of the unique controls/gamepad features.

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:42 AM

No, its miyamotos projects to show the real potential of the gamepad, and drive control and game design innovation.

While they will be a part of the treehouse event, they will be among everything else nintendo shows.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:42 AM

I always thought the metroid blast game in nintendo land was fun controlling the gunship... now these controls seem to be used in star fox.... GOOD. 

#17 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:44 AM

Why are people denying it? Time took down their article. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#18 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

No, its miyamotos projects to show the real potential of the gamepad, and drive control and game design innovation.

I think though these are going to be shown on the Tree House Stream 3Dude...  :)

Why are people denying it? Time took down their article. 

Nintendo won e3. that is why. LOL

#19 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:46 AM

Awwwww, 3 things spoiled already... Ah well, hopefully Ninty has more awesome stuff up their sleeves! :)

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#20 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:56 AM

Bigger

Project Guard

opXO2Ie.jpg

Project Giant Robot

cTa4xID.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!