• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

You're gus!

ibsH2rnn11GPeD.jpg

I don't know which one of these is Gus, but either way that's racist.

Edited by WydrA, 14 June 2014 - 06:34 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#23 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

I don't which one of these is Gus, but either way that's racist.

Black guy...the smart one. You racey racerist racer!

#24 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

So, you picked the VCR over the rhombus and the HD Wii emulator?

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#25 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:18 PM

Build quality is better on Xbox One?  I beg to differ.

It seems clear to me they hadn't a clue about case design so just picked a plain box and kept the PSU external so they didn't have to come up with a good design for the cooling.  To me a company that is able to build a case with a bespoke cooling system so they can keep the PSU inside the case is clearly superior when it comes to build quality.

When you see the two consoles taken apart the Xbox One looks like I threw it together from off the shelf PC parts, the PS4 is clearly more intricately designed from scratch.

Both consoles are flawed by how deep they are though, very awkward to fit on a shallow shelf which all previously consoles had no problems with.

Another thing about Xbox One is why have two USB ports on the back when it supports external HDDs?  That means they expect you leave them plugged in all the time and even the one on the left is awkward.  The PS4 clearly wins there too IMO with easily accesible USB ports, although a bit narrow so you cannot fit some USB sticks in without an extension.

Now before anyone comments, the Wii/Wii U I count as decent designs because the reason THEY have the PSU external is to keep the console as small as possible - clearly not the reason on Xbox One a its HUGE.

Of course the REAL build quality will only really be known in a few years when we see the failure rate on the hardware.  But in general I consider external PSUs a bad idea particularly for Xbox where it has a fan that people forget to keep clear of dust because its stuck down the back of a cabinet somewhere.

Their plan with Xbox one was to avoid Over heating and they did .....and remember  at some stage of xbox one life cycle the clock speed will be pumped up ..so with a this design cooling is much more effective......Oh and did  I mention the ability to use Intercoolers.

And the External PSU is a great idea....why???When i first got my 360 I remember plugging it 240V socket while the PSU clearly says 120...which  fried my PSU.....So whats the solution???Get a new PSU and plug it in But what if ps4 Internal PSU malfunctions??? this is what was going to happen

1.I cant open ps4 (warranty void)

2.since the PSU is internal it wont be available at gaming shops

3.Wait ......am in sudan...their is no ps4 repair

4.I will have to send it to america to get fixed (2 month without gaming)

Thank you for your consideration.

#26 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:42 PM

Their plan with Xbox one was to avoid Over heating and they did .....and remember  at some stage of xbox one life cycle the clock speed will be pumped up ..so with a this design cooling is much more effective......Oh and did  I mention the ability to use Intercoolers.

As far as I can tell the XBOne relies heavily on a big vent on the top. Now this won't be a problem for most people, but a lot of people are already putting stuff on top of the XBone and wondering why it shuts don after a couple minutes.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#27 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:30 AM

Actually, it was a pretty sound decision to do what they did. It keeps options open. It's always a gable when you lock in specs. And ms clearly has option when it comes to heat with all the venting and the ginormous fan. Add to that the fact that they had probably built the system with the forthcoming dx12 in mind and possible further clock increase, and you have a somewhat scaleable closed system. Whodathunkit?

Ps4.had many heat related issues already. And external psu equals less interior heat.

The console itself is FAR sturdier than the ps4, which flexes easily. Also the controller is much more durable. The dual shock has poor rubber coating in the analog sticks which wears off too easily.

The share and option buttons are also horribly designed with perhaps the worst ergonomics ever seen on a controller.

USB connectivity is a plus. Why anyone would complain about MORE options is beyond reason. And USB ports in front is just ugly. Like an afterthought.

The x1 is nicer looking in my opinion. The equally divided gloss and matte vs the PS4 design which is offset with an arbitrary division. Doesn't even follow the golden ratio. Kind of surprising in this day and age. Both feature trapezoid design cues and edgy vent design.

But the ps4 just looks gimmicky with its fisher price light setup.

What I like about the ps4 has to do with it's guts. Specifically the gpu and ram. Everything else is in the xbox's favor.

Even the batteries in the controller outlast the ps4 built in battery on full charge. Probably again due to the stupid light that we cannot yet turn off. 

#28 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:48 AM

Did someone delete my obligatory Xbox One sucks post? Y wud dey do dat?

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#29 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:42 AM

lol if you guys like your xbox 1s then thats all that matters,,me,,ill stick to my ps4 and wii u :)

#30 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:49 AM

Xbox one has a monthly system update that usually fixes bugs,improves performance and adds new features

#31 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:34 PM

lol if you guys like your xbox 1s then thats all that matters,,me,,ill stick to my ps4 and wii u :)

And I'll stick to my xbox one and ps4 and wii u.

#32 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:29 AM

Did someone delete my obligatory Xbox One sucks post? Y wud dey do dat?

Against the rules to bag out the big three.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#33 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:54 AM

Against the rules to bag out the big three.

But it was a joke?

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#34 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:27 PM

Build quality is better on Xbox One?  I beg to differ.

It seems clear to me they hadn't a clue about case design so just picked a plain box and kept the PSU external so they didn't have to come up with a good design for the cooling.  To me a company that is able to build a case with a bespoke cooling system so they can keep the PSU inside the case is clearly superior when it comes to build quality.

When you see the two consoles taken apart the Xbox One looks like I threw it together from off the shelf PC parts, the PS4 is clearly more intricately designed from scratch.

Both consoles are flawed by how deep they are though, very awkward to fit on a shallow shelf which all previously consoles had no problems with.

Another thing about Xbox One is why have two USB ports on the back when it supports external HDDs?  That means they expect you leave them plugged in all the time and even the one on the left is awkward.  The PS4 clearly wins there too IMO with easily accesible USB ports, although a bit narrow so you cannot fit some USB sticks in without an extension.

Now before anyone comments, the Wii/Wii U I count as decent designs because the reason THEY have the PSU external is to keep the console as small as possible - clearly not the reason on Xbox One a its HUGE.

Of course the REAL build quality will only really be known in a few years when we see the failure rate on the hardware.  But in general I consider external PSUs a bad idea particularly for Xbox where it has a fan that people forget to keep clear of dust because its stuck down the back of a cabinet somewhere.

I beg to differ. The Xbox One has a far better build quality. A lot of people criticise its size and so called VCR design but that in my opinion is in its favour as is the external pore supply. Yes an internal power supply is tidier but it also creates more heat. Not to mention the PS4 is also noisier. Plus the big long light on the top of the PS4 is just silly. Regards the USB ports being on the back of the Xbox One I don't see how that is an issue as anyone who has an external HD connected will likely leave it connected. All in all the PS4 had a far more cheap feeling and looking build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!