Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

In a bid to draw pre-schoolers with one of its parent company’s best known properties, Disney Junior is developing a new animated series based on the 1994 animated blockbuster “The Lion King.”

“The Lion Guard” is scheduled to debut in November of 2015 on the Disney Junior programming block of the Disney Channel, as well as the 24-hour Disney Junior channel.

The series will be about Kion, the son of the now-grown “Lion King” protagonist Simba, who assembles a group of animals to help him protect the jungle prideland as part of a group called the Lion Guard.

“It’s kind of like ‘The Lion King’ meets ‘The Avengers,’” said Disney Junior general manager Nancy Kanter.

The genesis of the series came from a meeting Ms. Kanter had with Disney chief executive Robert Iger two years ago, at which the CEO suggested the preschool channel consider producing content for the 20th anniversary of “The Lion King” in 2014.

http://blogs.wsj.com...-the-lion-king/

Dunno what I feel about this. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:19 AM

No. Leave the greatest Disney film ever alone

#3 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:29 AM

I dunno. I remember Toon Disney being awesome because it built off a lot of the great movies, but they said the target audience is for preschoolers. Just make a GREAT show and everyone will watch it. All this teens and kids crap is why I stopped watching just about everything in tv the past several years.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#4 A W Reezy

A W Reezy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, NBA2K

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:35 AM

You know, I think I'm actually ok with this.  My daughter is almost 2 years old and I think it'll be neat to kind of let her enjoy an animated series based off a movie that was huge when I was 7.  Disney Junior is pretty much stapled to my television, so I'll be sure to catch every episode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!