134 replies to this topic

#61 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

http://www.nintendo-...itly-said-link/

Aonuma responded: “No one explicitly said that that was Link” followed by a smile and laugh. Connections to Link’s opening blue garb in The Wind Waker were also met with a smile, but the Zelda series producer wouldn’t be pushed for more information.

Maybe it is Link's long lost sister Linka, and we find out Ganon is their father. .. oh wait I am thinking Star wars.

Edited by Dharmanator, 10 June 2014 - 06:48 PM.

#62 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

Maybe it is Link's long lost sister Linka, and we find out Ganon is their father. .. oh wait I am thinking Star wars.

Incest confirmed

#63 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

damn im good.

Hrm. Co-op?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#64 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

LONG time ago a tiny bit of info was released on the new Zelda. Maybe leaked not sure been a long while.

It said one area of the game was a forest like area and bigger than some Zelda games combined. So think of this. That may not even be the whole field. Just one section of the game. Like how Bionis leg in XB was one section but super massive. So this game could be XenoZelda

#65 hd94

hd94

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:52 AM

am i the only one who actually like the new character ( i dont care is he link a not)? 

anime feel with a little more reality. 

#66 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:09 AM

It wasn't what I was expecting. I do like the art style and it does look beautiful but certainly not awesome or amazing by any means. Personally I was hoping for the style represented in the tech demo which would have been far more in keeping with today's technology. The tech demo does in my opinion look far better them the style they have chosen. That said I love Zelda and will buy this game on day one no matter what. What's really good to know is that its actually open world and not linear which makes for more fun exploration.

#67 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:13 AM

It wasn't what I was expecting. I do like the art style and it does look beautiful but certainly not awesome or amazing by any means. Personally I was hoping for the style represented in the tech demo which would have been far more in keeping with today's technology. The tech demo does in my opinion look far better them the style they have chosen. That said I love Zelda and will buy this game on day one no matter what. What's really good to know is that its actually open world and not linear which makes for more fun exploration.

The actual game we got, not even considering the art style, technically and graphically rainbows on the tech demo from orbit.

Tech demo should be embarrassed.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#68 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:23 AM

The actual game we got, not even considering the art style, technically and graphically rainbows on the tech demo from orbit.

That may be your opinion but its certainly not mine. The tech demo blows away the actual art style both from a technical and an art style point of view. Regardless from an art style only point of view the tech demo is a better option in this day and age in my opinion. Maybe during the days of the GameCube they had to go with that kind of art style out of necessity but its not necessary now. At the end of the day its my personal preference whether you and others agree with it or not. The hardcore gamer may be able to accept this art style but if Nintendo is to reach the masses they really need to use the tech demo art style to pull in all those other gamers.

#69 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:08 AM

JnMgV5v.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#70 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:35 AM

POPULAR

That may be your opinion but its certainly not mine. The tech demo blows away the actual art style both from a technical and an art style point of view. Regardless from an art style only point of view the tech demo is a better option in this day and age in my opinion. Maybe during the days of the GameCube they had to go with that kind of art style out of necessity but its not necessary now. At the end of the day its my personal preference whether you and others agree with it or not. The hardcore gamer may be able to accept this art style but if Nintendo is to reach the masses they really need to use the tech demo art style to pull in all those other gamers.

Heres your problem. You are trying to argue your opinion, on a subject comprised of facts.

Is the tech demos pathetic low poly tiny room more technically impressive than the actual games seamless gigantic open world? Where you can go anywhere you see? Every square inch of which is completely covered in dense grass, with each blade individually lit and shaded in real time?

How about the pathetically rigged tech demo link with ceramic doll face? How about the fact the actual game characters face has more animation points in her face than the entire tech demos link? Hell, the damn ARROW has more animation points than tech demo link.

How about all the shepards and goats in the fields reacting in real time to the monster? Oh wait, there WAS no other characters in the tech demo.

How about the fact the in game monster has more polygons and animation points in one arm than the entire ghoma model from the tech demo?

How about how it PERFECTLY reacts dynamically to uneven surfaces where tech demo goma has to be put on entirely flat ground?

How about the high speed cross country chase, while tech demo ghoma simply rotates in the same place?

You can have your opinion. Thats all it is. But it cant stand up to the facts.

The actual game obliterates the tech demo on every level except irritating adolescent 'gritty realism is teh matures!'

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#71 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:13 AM

Again all I see are fools doing the same thing as Spaceworld 2001. In 2000 Nintendo showed off a tech demo of a more realistic Link fighting Gannon. People went nuts wanting that as the next game. 1 year later we are shown Wind Waker and the reactions are very similar to people reacting today. A then 18 year old me ranted and raved about the new look. Then I played WW and loved the look. I learned to not make that mistake again. Tech Demo looked cool then but think of this,this is the first Zelda since Wind Waker that looks good enough that in 10+ years when we get out 4k port on WiiR will still look amazing.

But hey fools like to repeat history's mistakes. Keep poopin on it. You are wrong tho.

#72 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:24 AM

Heres your problem. You are trying to argue your opinion, on a subject comprised of facts.

Is the tech demos pathetic low poly tiny room more technically impressive than the actual games seamless gigantic open world? Where you can go anywhere you see? Every square inch of which is completely covered in dense grass, with each blade individually lit and shaded in real time?

How about the pathetically rigged tech demo link with ceramic doll face? How about the fact the actual game characters face has more animation points in her face than the entire tech demos link? Hell, the damn ARROW has more animation points than tech demo link.

How about all the shepards and goats in the fields reacting in real time to the monster? Oh wait, there WAS no other characters in the tech demo.

How about the fact the in game monster has more polygons and animation points in one arm than the entire ghoma model from the tech demo?

How about how it PERFECTLY reacts dynamically to uneven surfaces where tech demo goma has to be put on entirely flat ground?

How about the high speed cross country chase, while tech demo ghoma simply rotates in the same place?

You can have your opinion. Thats all it is. But it cant stand up to the facts.

The actual game obliterates the tech demo on every level except irritating adolescent 'gritty realism is teh matures!'

Not possible. All CGI, Quicktime events, not in engine.

tumblr_lzlhxe1JR31rn1arho1_500.gif

2330688-0820652777-b9vkk.gif

techie above

below e3 2014 

tumblr_n6yk2sh3ng1qcbq9jo2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_n6yqd1ARqu1r2492c.gif

tumblr_n6yk2sh3ng1qcbq9jo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n6ysg6oneP1s8ouhxo3_400.gif

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#73 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

New Zelda so colorful it's gay pride....like most Nintendo games.

I'm proud of it.

#74 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:26 AM

New Zelda so colorful it's gay pride....like most Nintendo games.

I'm proud of it.

:)

This game will be timeless, just like past entries. 

#75 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:31 AM

:)

This game will be timeless, just like past entries. 

Tech Demo looked cool then but think of this,this is the first Zelda since Wind Waker that looks good enough that in 10+ years when we get out 4k port on WiiR will still look amazing.

#76 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:08 AM

I don't know why people get so hung up on the art style anyway. When he said "you can even go to the mountains in the background if you walk far enough" that should have been enough for people to realise that the game is (probably) going to be amazing.

People go crazy about the art style without even considering the possibilities of the gameplay itself.

#77 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:45 AM

am i the only one who actually like the new character ( i dont care is he link a not)?
anime feel with a little more reality.

I like it too, it's different, refreshing.

#78 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:40 AM

Legend of Zelda Wii U...

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #55 in Video Games

Not bad for pre-order.. for a game coming out late 2015.

#79 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

Don't jump on me for this but who else would love to see a Pokemon game with a world like this. Would be awesome! That said really can't wait for this. Visuals don't usually get me excited but seriously my jaw bout hit the floor when I saw the vid. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Gonna be epic.

#80 the gamz girnalizt

the gamz girnalizt

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    criticising nintendo

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:03 PM

I swear, I hope there is NO loading times throughout the whole game. Like, if you go in a dungeon, it goes right in and blends with your movement.

gamz girnalizm all da way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!