• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#81 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:57 PM

I swear, I hope there is NO loading times throughout the whole game. Like, if you go in a dungeon, it goes right in and blends with your movement.

I would imagine dungeons would be the only time the system loads. I bet the load is masked by dramatically descending the stairs into the dungeon like skyward sword did (was an homage to original zeldas).

But if it doesnt even then? I will be even more impressed.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#82 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

I would imagine dungeons would be the only time the system loads. I bet the load is masked by dramatically descending the stairs into the dungeon like skyward sword did (was an homage to original zeldas).

To that point I wouldn't be surprised if the game crashes...

They should make it so that as the door to the dungeon opens when you get closer it gets darker and darker and when you enter the dungeon it says the name of the dungeon on the gamepad or something... 

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#83 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:47 AM

aonuma-gameplay-zelda-wii-u.png

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#84 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:00 AM

Even Xenoblade Chronicles X has a loading time when you enter a city, or perhaps it was loading the cutscene?

http://youtu.be/RwgVanoq_a4?t=39m15s

Either way, it was a short loading screen. Also, have you seen this footage of it? IT LOOKS FRIKKIN INCREDIBLE.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#85 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:06 AM

Even Xenoblade Chronicles X has a loading time when you enter a city, or perhaps it was loading the cutscene?
http://youtu.be/RwgVanoq_a4?t=39m15s
Either way, it was a short loading screen. Also, have you seen this footage of it? IT LOOKS FRIKKIN INCREDIBLE.

That was just for the cutscene. ANd it wasnt even a loading screen.

Xenoblade chronicles X has no loading screens anywhere ever while playing the game.

Like xenoblades colony 9, you will be able to simply walk from the mountains/lakes, into the gates of the city without a loading screen.

Thats wasnt loading the city, it was loading the scripted events, voice files, camera scriptings etc..
After that cutscene you will be able to freely enter and leave the city at will, and seamlessly.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#86 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:28 AM

That was just for the cutscene. ANd it wasnt even a loading screen.

Xenoblade chronicles X has no loading screens anywhere ever while playing the game.

Like xenoblades colony 9, you will be able to simply walk from the mountains/lakes, into the gates of the city without a loading screen.

Thats wasnt loading the city, it was loading the scripted events, voice files, camera scriptings etc..
After that cutscene you will be able to freely enter and leave the city at will, and seamlessly.

:o

Oh my!

Edited by R00bot, 12 June 2014 - 04:29 AM.

bi5tzqg.gif

#87 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:27 AM

I don't know why people get so hung up on the art style anyway. When he said "you can even go to the mountains in the background if you walk far enough" that should have been enough for people to realise that the game is (probably) going to be amazing.

People go crazy about the art style without even considering the possibilities of the gameplay itself.

Wait, this is a game? (lol jk)
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#88 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:49 AM

Anyway, Zelda U looks like secks.

The grass, the trees, the shadows, the particle effects, the tiny details are all perfect.

This is the most alive looking game I've ever seen. The grass blows with the wind, and you can see individual strands, the leaves of trees blows as well, shadows are cast of the clouds passing overhead, the environment seems to react dynamically (birds in trees flying away, sheep running, farmer stopping to look at the monster before running as well).

The hills roll on for kilometres, and you can bet I'm gonna climb every one of them. 

The shading is just perfect, they've taken the Skyward Sword style, and made it look much more vibrant and detailed. Everything looks less flat than SS, it's incredible.

bi5tzqg.gif

#89 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:02 AM

If this is actually gameplay, and not a misunderstanding, Nintendo has seriously stepped up their Anti aliasing.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#90 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:10 AM

If this is actually gameplay, and not a misunderstanding, Nintendo has seriously stepped up their Anti aliasing.

Well we at least know it's in-game, running on Wii U... So even if it is a cutscene, the AA still counts, right?

There's also been a few 1080p screenshots released, but a few skepticists claim it's impossible to pull off on Wii U due to a near complete lack of aliasing. Nintendo hasn't been releasing fake screens for previous Wii U titles, but nobody knows if these are legit at this point.

Spoiler

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#91 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

Well we at least know it's in-game, running on Wii U... So even if it is a cutscene, the AA still counts, right?

There's also been a few 1080p screenshots released, but a few skepticists claim it's impossible to pull off on Wii U due to a near complete lack of aliasing. Nintendo hasn't been releasing fake screens for previous Wii U titles, but nobody knows if these are legit at this point.

Well there is ONE thing about Zelda thats different from the other nintendo games with the aliasing.

Its 30fps instead of 60.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#92 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:50 AM

IMO Nintendo is better with AA than a lot of other developers. SM3DW looks sharp as hell, whereas games like COD often look 'blurry' and jagged to the point that it just becomes frustrating.

No sig.

#93 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

IMO Nintendo is better with AA than a lot of other developers. SM3DW looks sharp as hell, whereas games like COD often look 'blurry' and jagged to the point that it just becomes frustrating.

3d worlds aa is rather selective, sometimes it works great, sometimes there are lots of jaggies... And it can happen all within the same screen, with some objects gorgously smooth, while another is covered in jaggies.

This, this far and away above beyond, on another level than that solution, its practically perfect.

If this is a refinement or evolution of that line of AA, it is ridiculously impressive.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#94 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:08 PM

I have a question, we learned that this trailer, is ingame graphics... but while ago, GAMESPOT released news, that its actual gameplay!! http://www.gamespot....y/1100-6420438/

My question is, if its actual gameplay, the camera is not behind the character, moving in 3d world? its still landscapes that changes when the character reach the limit of the screen? like final fantasy X?

Edited by Plutonas, 12 June 2014 - 12:09 PM.

#95 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

I have a question, we learned that this trailer, is ingame graphics... but while ago, GAMESPOT released news, that its actual gameplay!! http://www.gamespot....y/1100-6420438/

My question is, if its actual gameplay, the camera is not behind the character, moving in 3d world? its still landscapes that changes when the character reach the limit of the screen? like final fantasy X?

The footage is all in game but they like any developer have a team that edits footage for like trailers and can manipulate camera angles sometimes that players can't.

#96 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:41 PM

I really like Wind Waker, and Skyward sword was visually nice imo as well, so i welcome this new, buffed built from ground HD visual.

#97 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:44 PM

The rediculosly huge field view makes me wonder how big hyrule lake will be 0_o. Wonder if will get a motor boat, may need it.

#98 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

Obviously there has to a border.

But when you get to the mountains will we be able to climb them?

For example most games use a mountain range to form as border so you can't enter an area until you pass dungeon, get gate key etc.

Always wanted to just climb over LOL.

#99 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

For example most games use a mountain range to form as border so you can't enter an area until you pass dungeon, get gate key etc.

Heh, windwaker just told you no.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#100 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:42 PM

Xenoblade was pretty open and if you jumped off the edge you just fell to your death.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!