• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#101 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

Well we at least know it's in-game, running on Wii U... So even if it is a cutscene, the AA still counts, right?

There's also been a few 1080p screenshots released, but a few skepticists claim it's impossible to pull off on Wii U due to a near complete lack of aliasing. Nintendo hasn't been releasing fake screens for previous Wii U titles, but nobody knows if these are legit at this point.

There are no jaggies in those shots, which means they were captured at a higher resolution and downsampled (bullshots). I'd be surprised if the final game ran at more than 720p/30fps.

#102 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

There are no jaggies in those shots, which means they were captured at a higher resolution and downsampled (bullshots). I'd be surprised if the final game ran at more than 720p/30fps.

Not necessarily. It could be really, really good AA. At this point, there's no telling, but you shouldn't go saying that there's no way it will look that good until it's proven.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#103 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

Not necessarily. It could be really, really good AA. At this point, there's no telling, but you shouldn't go saying that there's no way it will look that good until it's proven.

Sure I can, the HD footage has visible artifacting and jaggies that are not shown here. This is clearly not meant to represent the final game.

#104 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

Sure I can, the HD footage has visible artifacting and jaggies that are not shown here. This is clearly not meant to represent the final game.

Really? Could you show me screenshots and examples?

#105 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

If anything it will get better looking. Nintendo doesn't do bullshots and often when showing Zelda the final game looks a bit nicer. WW and TP esp did.

MS/Sony show mulitplat games on stage advertised as their platform but really using PC. Nintendo just shows things as is.

#106 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

Really? Could you show me screenshots and examples?

From my game pad?

If anything it will get better looking. Nintendo doesn't do bullshots and often when showing Zelda the final game looks a bit nicer. WW and TP esp did.
MS/Sony show mulitplat games on stage advertised as their platform but really using PC. Nintendo just shows things as is.

Nintendo released several 720p bullshots of Skyward Sword at E3 2010. This is nothing new.

#107 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:25 PM

From my game pad?

Well maybe not, but you're going to have to prove to me somehow that the screenshots are fake... Just saying they are won't do anything... :/

#108 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:58 AM

From my game pad?

Wait a minute...

You are claiming watching an hd video, im assuming uploaded to a web streaming service (Or do you have a direct feed video no one else has?), via your 480p gamepad, and saying you see jaggies on THAT as proof?

Is that what is happening here? I cant quite tell exactly what you are trying to get at.

I will say I DO think the final game will be 720p/30.
And yeah you are right, there definately WERE High res images of skyward sword, AND twilight princess. These were never really an issue back then though though because we KNEW they were prettied up, as the knew the console couldnt output at that resolution.

And I am fine with that. 720p can have great image quality with good AA on a TV you sit a couple feet away from.

Looking at what nintendos been doing in past games, where their AA works, particularly where it doesnt, and a related group of special effects Nintendo games have been doing increasingly well: Depth of feild and motion blur... I think I can see what they are working on to get these AA results... I think its a good fit for low latency edram.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#109 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:12 AM

From my game pad?

Nintendo released several 720p bullshots of Skyward Sword at E3 2010. This is nothing new.

I am pretty sure that didn't happen.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#110 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:19 AM

I am pretty sure that didn't happen.

It absolutely did. Twilight princess as well. Nobody really made a big eal out of it though, because we all KNEW they were high resolution so we could get a better look at the world, as we all KNEW the wii could only do 480p.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#111 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:34 AM

It absolutely did. Twilight princess as well. Nobody really made a big eal out of it though, because we all KNEW they were high resolution so we could get a better look at the world, as we all KNEW the wii could only do 480p.

Are we talking about screen shots or video? Because the trailer I just watched and it looks just like the game I played.

#112 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:48 AM

Are we talking about screen shots or video? Because the trailer I just watched and it looks just like the game I played.

Screen shots.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#113 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

Screen shots.

Ah, then I think I miss understood. However, this isn't screen shots ... It's a video, and I doubt they are making this look better than what we will see. Nintendo hasn't ever used CG to make a trailer and release something else.

#114 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

Ah, then I think I miss understood. However, this isn't screen shots ... It's a video, and I doubt they are making this look better than what we will see. Nintendo hasn't ever used CG to make a trailer and release something else.

They did release 4 1080p screenshots of this new game. Here they are:

Spoiler

Until we have a compressionless (is that a word?) version of the reveal trailer, in 1080p, we can't know whether the shots are fake or not.

#115 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

True, but I dont think thays what leland is saying.

Hes just saying that he thinks the resolution is higher, and the AA better than what will be in the actual game, but everything else is legit.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#116 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

They did release 4 1080p screenshots of this new game. Here they are:

Spoiler

Until we have a compressionless (is that a word?) version of the reveal trailer, in 1080p, we can't know whether the shots are fake or not.

My point is, in the past, Nintendo has not released trailers with non in game graphics. The only time that is close is the Spaceworld tech demo for GCN Zelda, then we get Wind Waker. But that was a tech demo and nit an actual game.

Here, we have Nintendo stating this is in game footage. So I believe based off past actions and what Nintendo stated that we are watching in game footage.

Note I didn't say anything about AA or 1080p or frame rate or screen shots. I'm talking about the trailer.

#117 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

My point is, in the past, Nintendo has not released trailers with non in game graphics. The only time that is close is the Spaceworld tech demo for GCN Zelda, then we get Wind Waker. But that was a tech demo and nit an actual game.

Here, we have Nintendo stating this is in game footage. So I believe based off past actions and what Nintendo stated that we are watching in game footage.

Note I didn't say anything about AA or 1080p or frame rate or screen shots. I'm talking about the trailer.

Yeah, nobody's questioning that the trailer we saw was in-game. We're talking about those 4 screenshots I posted. Some think they're too good to be true, and they could be, as Aonuma never said anything about the screenshots, only the trailer. I choose to believe they're real until proven otherwise.

#118 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:47 AM

Did the Digital Event make its way to the eshop yet? That's going to be the highest quality feed we will ever get of this, so we can compare the screens to the video.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#119 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

Internet morons been cracking me up since the gtav ps4 reveal.

When Shown Zelda U:
hyrule-grass.gif
Whatever, thats nothing any ps360 open world game could do.

Same Exact people seeing gtav ps4:
gta5rnpy9.gif

OMFG LOOK AT THE GRASS!!! THAT BLOWS PS360 OUT OF THE WATER NEXT GEN POWER ZOMG!!!!

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#120 Bort

Bort

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

Did the Digital Event make its way to the eshop yet? That's going to be the highest quality feed we will ever get of this, so we can compare the screens to the video.

Yup. Anyone got a capture card?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!