• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

I'm probably mistaken, but since Classic Controllers didn't vibrate, these wouldn't be able to. I don't know much about these, so I'm probably wrong.

Nintendo did that to save on batteries but if they wanted they could put them in. It's just a couple little motors with wieghts they put in the handles of the controller.

#22 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:36 AM

Nintendo did that to save on batteries but if they wanted they could put them in. It's just a couple little motors with wieghts they put in the handles of the controller.

I get that, but I don't know if it would work. They would be adding something that didn't exist before. I'm probably completley wrong about this, but it's a concern nonetheless.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#23 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

Am I the only one that doesn't understand why these aren't wireless?

Why wires?!

They better not be the same length as the original Gamecube controller cables, they were too damn short. Every generation Nintendo controller cables reduced in size. Release a new Wavebird U or something Nintendo, geez.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#24 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

Why wires?!

They better not be the same length as the original Gamecube controller cables, they were too damn short. Every generation Nintendo controller cables reduced in size. Release a new Wavebird U or something Nintendo, geez.

iirc aren't they supposed to be attached o wiimotes?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#25 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

gorgeous...jaw on floor...must have now...

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#26 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:09 AM

iirc aren't they supposed to be attached o wiimotes?

I'm not sure. I guess that's a bit better than wired but still annoying having the Wii remote hanging around with it.

The new Gamecube controllers that they're releasing with SSB and the Gamecube controller adapter are wired for sure, unfortunately.

Since the Gamecube controller adapter has USB ports I'm assuming it will work on PC? I have seen a similar adapter on ebay for PC but it only has two controller ports.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#27 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:33 AM

Why wires?!

Because wired are way better than Wireless. Wireless controllers become subjected to latency and interference, why do you hink all major tournaments are with wired controllers, connections and everything.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#28 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:58 AM

Because wired are way better than Wireless. Wireless controllers become subjected to latency and interference, why do you hink all major tournaments are with wired controllers, connections and everything.

I'd personally prefer the convenience of wireless over the negligible latency of wireless controllers. 

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#29 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:24 AM

I'd personally prefer the convenience of wireless over the negligible latency of wireless controllers. 

For gaming at home it doesn't really matter, but for tournaments it's enough to choose for wired controllers. SSB is a game that is going to be played in tournaments, hopefully knocking over melee, that's way they are releasing an adapter and wired controllers.

If you want wireless you should go for the third party things that are connected to the wiiMote just remember to have something you can lay it down on.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#30 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:45 AM

For gaming at home it doesn't really matter, but for tournaments it's enough to choose for wired controllers. SSB is a game that is going to be played in tournaments, hopefully knocking over melee, that's way they are releasing an adapter and wired controllers.

If you want wireless you should go for the third party things that are connected to the wiiMote just remember to have something you can lay it down on.

Yeah, I understand the reasoning for it being used in tournaments and I'm fine with that but for my personal use at home I'm not going to be playing competitively and even if I were to play online I doubt I'd have significant input lag. I go for wired keyboards and mice on PC but when I'm sitting back on a couch the less wires the better, well the less wires the better in any situation but it's just much less of an issue when I'm sitting down at mydesk anyway.

Edited by CUD, 14 August 2014 - 01:47 AM.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#31 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

I don't think SSB4 will ever "knock over" melee. there are quite a few people in the community who refuse to play any other smash period, and have already written 4 off. :/

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#32 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

GCN had the best controller in my opinion. So comfortable and usable. I'm buying it.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!