• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

http://venturebeat.c...-wii-u-trailer/

Ehh... bleh.... meh

I wouldn't be pleased tbh, I see it as a needless change and something that doesn't sit well with me. Wouldn't mind a different character in a spin off but for a main Loz... ehh

Some people are speculating female link, find it funny that people who don't want that are being called sexist, no they just don't want such a big change and neither do I.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:55 PM

Multiplayer?

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

was posted in the other topic

#4 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:59 PM

Looks enough like Link for anything to matter.  It doesn't really matter if it really is Link or not.

#5 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:59 PM

What! No! No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by YoshiWiiUGamer9, 10 June 2014 - 06:30 PM.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

I been wanting this for over 10 years. It would be great to have a strong female lead character not overly sexualized. Have her Save link. I'm very down. Change up the formula. Shiek showed she can be cool. Does not have to be the female damsel in distress. Tetra I also liked how she had a lot of personality. Hyrule Warriors you can play as Zelda. Series is evolving and I love it.

Meanwhile Ubisoft says no women to play as in AC Unity because DERP IT TOO HARDZ. Crap to the Bull

#7 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

i think it's link's sister, calling it now

wa3Nq7j.png

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

damn im good.

lol @Op What big change?  Seriously?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

damn im good.

lol @Op What big change? Seriously?

To me changing the main character of such a series is a big change.
Changing the gender less so but an actual main character change is massive imo

(Edit) looking back the way I phrased my first post made it seem like I had more of a problem with female link. That's not the case it's 4am and I'm tired so that's my excuse.

Edited by AdmiralClassy, 10 June 2014 - 07:24 PM.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

In the original Zelda game your sword was a magical projectile weapon with limited ammo. Starting to think that sci fi bow is the same thing.

#11 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:20 PM

I am all for a female Link. Not sure that is where they are going, but it would be a great change.

Prince Zeldo? That would be funny.

Edited by Dharmanator, 10 June 2014 - 07:21 PM.

#12 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:26 PM

I am all for a female Link. Not sure that is where they are going, but it would be a great change.

Just because link is female doesn't mean the need a prince zelda. Linkette saving princess zelda could actually be pretty cool

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#13 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:34 PM

Just because link is female doesn't mean the need a prince zelda. Linkette saving princess zelda could actually be pretty cool

More of a bad joke. Sorry for the confusion.

#14 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:38 PM

http://venturebeat.c...-wii-u-trailer/

Ehh... bleh.... meh

I wouldn't be pleased tbh, I see it as a needless change and something that doesn't sit well with me. Wouldn't mind a different character in a spin off but for a main Loz... ehh

Some people are speculating female link, find it funny that people who don't want that are being called sexist, no they just don't want such a big change and neither do I.

I been wanting this for over 10 years. It would be great to have a strong female lead character not overly sexualized. Have her Save link. I'm very down. Change up the formula. Shiek showed she can be cool. Does not have to be the female damsel in distress. Tetra I also liked how she had a lot of personality. Hyrule Warriors you can play as Zelda. Series is evolving and I love it.

Meanwhile Ubisoft says no women to play as in AC Unity because DERP IT TOO HARDZ. Crap to the Bull

I don't want a female link the same reason i don't want a black link. The whole point of this is that link is kind of a reincarnation of himself throughout the years, and Zelda is a reincarnation of herself. Even though the people are technically different, they feel the same. Genderswapping heroes conquers gender inequality just about as much as making heroes suddenly black would conquer racism. It won't. All it will do is cause unnecessary complications and conflict for everyone involved. I would rather see Nintendo start another IP with a strong female lead, because then all those complications and conflicts can be avoided.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

5ErK6jF.jpg

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

To me changing the main character of such a series is a big change.
Changing the gender less so but an actual main character change is massive imo

(Edit) looking back the way I phrased my first post made it seem like I had more of a problem with female link. That's not the case it's 4am and I'm tired so that's my excuse.

No, changing the main character is an irrelevent cosmetic detail. Games arent defined by game characters (unless they are marketing vehicles for crappy overhyped games) Game characters are defined by their games.

Changing the game into a level based shooter consisting of linear corridors with cutscenes every 20 ft is a massive change.

Besides, shes not the main character. Shes just not link. Remember that nintendo direct where anouma talked about things they wanted to shake up for zelda? The solitary single player only experience was on the list of things to change? Thats probably second player.

What does the gamepad player in zelda adventure use?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:51 PM

http://venturebeat.f...a_scrn02_e3.jpg

Looks ok to me.
I remember sky word sword link look a lil girly but either way it Ok to me.

Also maybe it is a girl and she teaches link how to be good lol. Idk
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

I don't want a female link the same reason i don't want a black link. The whole point of this is that link is kind of a reincarnation of himself throughout the years, and Zelda is a reincarnation of herself. Even though the people are technically different, they feel the same. Genderswapping heroes conquers gender inequality just about as much as making heroes suddenly black would conquer racism. It won't. All it will do is cause unnecessary complications and conflict for everyone involved. I would rather see Nintendo start another IP with a strong female lead, because then all those complications and conflicts can be avoided.

Princess Zelda is the last female of the hylian line to contain the blood of the Godess. (tradition of naming every one zelda started in memory/respect of the cursed princess zelda of Adventures of link).

Link merely requires the spirit of the hero..... Which he must perform trials to prove he has... Thats not even a blood relation.

It doesnt have to conquer inequalities, have a special reason, a special purpose, or special story. You dont need to jump through hoops, or justify doing something because its difference, when that difference is a vulva instead of a phallus, or darker skin color. Demanding justification is only highlighting and drawing attention to an entry bar thats being sworn up and down doesnt exist.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:51 PM

Like I said on the other thread:

No sword
Not riding on Epona
Wearing a cloak
Possibly female

So it makes sense that this wouldn't be Link. However, it does still look similar to Link so I'm thinking it is either Link's sister (who will be playable in 2 player co-op) or they have decided to allow you to choose the gender of Link. Since Aonuma has basically said this isn't Link I would probably have to go with the former.

Edited by Hunter, 11 June 2014 - 01:52 AM.

#20 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:42 PM

Princess Zelda is the last female of the hylian line to contain the blood of the Godess. (tradition of naming every one zelda started in memory/respect of the cursed princess zelda of Adventures of link).

Link merely requires the spirit of the hero..... Which he must perform trials to prove he has... Thats not even a blood relation.

It doesnt have to conquer inequalities, have a special reason, a special purpose, or special story. You dont need to jump through hoops, or justify doing something because its difference, when that difference is a vulva instead of a phallus, or darker skin color. Demanding justification is only highlighting and drawing attention to an entry bar thats being sworn up and down doesnt exist.

I'm not demanding justification, I won't really mind if the game ends up happening, I just don't see the need to make Link any different than he is. He's stayed the "same" for very nearly 30 years, and that was with a purpose, which is that it feels like different stories of the same character. Changing such a long history now for no reason except because a lot of people want it for gender "empowerment" and equality (despite what you say, I have seen people say/imply they want this for those reasons). So in other words I would prefer for their to be a reason for the destruction of such a long history other that "oh we haven't done this before." because there are a lot of things they haven't done before, it doesn't mean they need to be done.

Also I didn't say anything about special at all. You brought that into the conversation by yourself, but now that you mention it, I can guarantee it will be made special if it isn't already special in the game. People will not just go "oh it's a girl this time, ok."

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!