30 replies to this topic

#1 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

Am I the only one almost more psyched for the Captain Toad game than Smash bros?! He's like a super cute Solid Snake! <3

What do you guys think of Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker?

#2 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:51 PM

not worth a retail release

Edited by Big Boss, 10 June 2014 - 09:51 PM.

#3 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:53 PM

I agree, looks to be a great game. Loved the Toad levels in SM3DW.

#4 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

not more than smash, but I really like what i saw from the treehouse. Day 1 for me, as long as its not super close to smash bros release.

#5 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:12 PM

I like it, as "big boss" said, it's not really worth a retail release, neither was NSLU, but I guess not all people want to download a smaller title or has the internet to do so. 

I don't think I played much of them in SM3DW, but the trailer and the treehouse sold me on it. I love puzzle games, so this will be a blast.

Stupid Snowmads!

#6 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:17 PM

Toad is starting to grow on me a bit- but still far more excited about bayonetta and especially star fox.....

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

Few months ago had a convo with a friend saying they need to make a full game out of this. Now look. I look forward to it

#8 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:10 PM

Wait this is a full retail release? I thought it was just an eshop game.

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:22 AM

POPULAR

Not worth a retail release? Why not?

It's will be available in eshop I am sure but it's also getting disc release. 

Why wasn't NSLU worth a retail release?

Here we have a NEW GAME (Starring Toad!) which has a chance to be very charming, and challenging, and be different then your normal plat-former yet people don't want it to be a retail release.

I'm sure the argument will be, it should be DLC for SM3DW or that it's just rehashed assests and it doesn't warrant a full title since the concept came from SM3DW.

Enjoy your yearly AssCreed and CODs.

Additionally, we do not even know the full retail price of this yet. Place holders are generic at 59.99 on Amazon, DKCTF was 49.99. Either way, I think it's worth it.

Also to note: 

The assets (trailer, screenshots) are all in 1080, which Nintendo only does when the game is rendering in 1080

tsagwluhk.gif

Edited by Sorceror12, 11 June 2014 - 02:41 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#10 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:22 AM

Really looking forward to this one, was actually going to make a thread myself since nobody was talking about it. The graphics are quite stunning and I know it will play great.

When playing Mario 3d World I said to myself (not literally of course) that the Toad levels should be an entire game so I'm quite excited for this.

Puzzle genre sorted, Pushmo and Captain Toad!

#11 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:50 AM

Like what I saw, just as with Splatoon, a must buy when good eshop price

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#12 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:59 AM

Not worth a retail release? Why not?

It's will be available in eshop I am sure but it's also getting disc release. 

Why wasn't NSLU worth a retail release?

Here we have a NEW GAME (Starring Toad!) which has a chance to be very charming, and challenging, and be different then your normal plat-former yet people don't want it to be a retail release.

I'm sure the argument will be, it should be DLC for SM3DW or that it's just rehashed assests and it doesn't warrant a full title since the concept came from SM3DW.

Enjoy your yearly AssCreed and CODs.

Additionally, we do not even know the full retail price of this yet. Place holders are generic at 59.99 on Amazon, DKCTF was 49.99. Either way, I think it's worth it.

Also to note: 

The assets (trailer, screenshots) are all in 1080, which Nintendo only does when the game is rendering in 1080[/size]

tsagwluhk.gif

I agree with all this. It looks really cool and fun and is definitely worth a retail release. Its nice to see Nintendo use a lesser character from one of their major franchises in his own game. They should be doing more of this.

#13 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:04 AM

I think it's awesome and will buy it right away.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#14 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:08 AM

I said on miiverse when 3D World came out that this should be its own game. I said that it shoulf be on the eshop with a level creator, but this works too. I'll definitely be getting this.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#15 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:15 AM

I agree with all this. It looks really cool and fun and is definitely worth a retail release. Its nice to see Nintendo use a lesser character from one of their major franchises in his own game. They should be doing more of this.

If you strip the graphics away and replace it with simple cubes and a few basic assets, the game will be a very good puzzle game. Very good. Yet, as such, most puzzlegames, also the good ones cost between 0,99 and 15,00 nowadays. The game doesn't do much more than these puzzles and I wonder how long it will keep you busy. Including Nintendo's nice graphical overlay and ideas i'd pay more than the standard puzzle games sure. But between 15,- and 30,-, I just couldn't justify a full 49,95 for this.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#16 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:30 AM

Absolutely loved the Captain Toad levels in Super Mario 3D World so yes I am excited for this :)

#17 Ene

Ene

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • NNID:Naggy-Pastry
  • Fandom:
    I'll just leave it at Nintendo

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

I too liked the Captain Toad segments a lot and really loving the idea of making a whole game out of this. 

to1W8G5.png

Made a Generic Public Tourney for Mario Kart 8: 0721-7636-9111

#18 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:18 AM

Once I saw the video for it, I think I want it now.  Looks pretty cool as does the Yoshi game.  

#19 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

YUMMY

813hKdimoCL._SL1500_.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#20 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

wiiucaptaintoadscrn03e3jpg-e0eaef_640w.j

Gameplay seems like something I'll engross myself in for hours on end. Great looking games deserve retail releases, plus more to add to my Wii U stack.   ;)

Also I think Splatoon will be retail. Nice to see them put so much into an new IP, they're serious with this one. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!