Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

In the Treehouse I saw both Miyamoto project. security cams, and giant Robo. Both projects fail to make an impact for me. They just look like tech demo's and fail to seduce me. It looks like Nintendo just wants to show how the gamepad is used. But why, Miyamoto? This is Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong, Pikmin and Mario producer, just to name a few.

I just expected more. On these very forums not one topic was started about both games. This feels like Wii Music and Wii Fit all over again, what a waste of talent....

...or maybe Miyamoto just ran out of fuel

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#2 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:03 PM

Project Guard acctually looked very interesting. A 3D tower defense based upon switching between security cameras

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#3 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:06 PM

I thought these were proof of concept demos

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:02 AM

I just expected more. On these very forums not one topic was started about both games. This feels like Wii Music and Wii Fit all over again, what a waste of talent....

I just assumed zinix would do it.
I was watching e3 all day anyway.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:03 AM

In the Treehouse I saw both Miyamoto project. security cams, and giant Robo. Both projects fail to make an impact for me. They just look like tech demo's and fail to seduce me. It looks like Nintendo just wants to show how the gamepad is used. But why, Miyamoto? This is Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong, Pikmin and Mario producer, just to name a few.

Miyamoto has a role in much more than your eye can see.....

What other projects are you working on now?
"I also still have a producer role on other titles. Splatoon is another one that I’m overseeing as producer. That game is being developed by members from the Animal Crossing team, as well as the previous director of Star Fox, as well as the art director from Nintendo Land. So they’re all working together on Splatoon, and I’m overseeing that as a produer. I’m also overseeing Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, which is being developed by our EAD Tokyo Studio."

http://popwatch.ew.c...star-fox-wii-u/

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:12 AM

Project Guard Night Trap Tower Defense with Robots.

Is Dana Roboto in it? ZING!

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

Actually, giant robot looks pretty dang awesome.

You build your own robot, picking individual parts for feet legs, kneecaps, torsos etc, control the proportions, how long, wide, tall etc they are, and then when you control them, its physcally based movement using in in depth physics system. So every choice you made has a direct impact on how your bot controls.

And the game pad is a 1st person view. Its pretty neat, looks really fun and silly.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

The guy is busy helping and inspiring the younger developers because he isn't going to live forever.

Miyamoto has a role in much more than your eye can see.....

What other projects are you working on now?
"I also still have a producer role on other titles. Splatoon is another one that I’m overseeing as producer. That game is being developed by members from the Animal Crossing team, as well as the previous director of Star Fox, as well as the art director from Nintendo Land. So they’re all working together on Splatoon, and I’m overseeing that as a produer. I’m also overseeing Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, which is being developed by our EAD Tokyo Studio."

http://popwatch.ew.c...star-fox-wii-u/

I think this is his shooter idea.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#9 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

project guard looks interesting and fun. 

the giant robot thing on the other hand, doesn't look interesting. It looks like a over-polished mini game.

Edited by tboss, 12 June 2014 - 08:41 AM.

#10 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:24 AM

both seem poop to me,very boring and rubbish allround,hope they dont become games

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

new footage LMAO

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#12 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:30 PM

Hahahaha! Good old Nintendo. I wonder if Sony and Microsoft will adopt this more entertaining style of E3?

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:41 PM

new footage LMAO

Ever seen a college football game where at halftime they are up 40-3 and despite having the game won the team runs up the score for the hell of it? Ends up like 72-10?  Nintendo is doing that because they can.XwDQXoZ.gif

#14 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

project guard looks interesting and fun. 

the giant robot thing on the other hand, doesn't look interesting. It looks like a over-polished mini game.

both seem poop to me,very boring and rubbish allround,hope they dont become games

Didn't they say quite a few times all these projects are just side things Miyamoto is working on to see how the gamepad can be used and that they're not sure what will happen to each? Think they also said that some of them might actually end up beig minigames, some might turn into full projects, and I guess some might die. These are basically just "it would be cool if you could do this with the game pad" ideas not fully finished projects with huge teams working trying to make system sellers. 

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#15 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

I'm more interested in project guard, though I don't think these will be anything near standalone titles.  Will probably be part of a collection or worked into other games.

#16 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

Didn't they say quite a few times all these projects are just side things Miyamoto is working on to see how the gamepad can be used and that they're not sure what will happen to each? Think they also said that some of them might actually end up beig minigames, some might turn into full projects, and I guess some might die. These are basically just "it would be cool if you could do this with the game pad" ideas not fully finished projects with huge teams working trying to make system sellers. 

Then 1 post later...

I'm more interested in project guard, though I don't think these will be anything near standalone titles.  Will probably be part of a collection or worked into other games.

LOL

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#17 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:37 PM

Hmm so I never played it so I'm not too sure, but looking through Nintendo games, Project Giant Robot and maybe Project Guard could fit into their Custom Robo series?

Stupid Snowmads!

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

Hmm so I never played it so I'm not too sure, but looking through Nintendo games, Project Giant Robot and maybe Project Guard could fit into their Custom Robo series?

No. Not in the slightest.

I see where you are coming from, theme wise.... But the gameplay is irrevocably incompatable.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

I never played it either. Saw my brother play i once and remember him loving it. Wish I had played it then :(

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!