6 replies to this topic

#1 Psycatic

Psycatic

Goomba

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:55 AM

Hello,

Just joined this forum today so thought I'd better introduce myself.

I'm Phil from Lancashire UK and I'm a registered Nintendo developer working on a new point and click adventure for the Wii U. It's early days but I'm aiming to release it this year in USA and Europe via the eShop.

Cheers,

Phil Robinson

www.psycatic.com

#2 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:04 AM

Welcome, it's always good to see developers joining the forum.

You should make a thread about your game at some point (I'm not sure if that would be classed as "advertising" so it is best to ask a mod/admin first).

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:05 AM

DMCSB-Scan-Amiga-PsygnosisUK-BoxInside.j

pun?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 Psycatic

Psycatic

Goomba

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:18 AM

ha ha yep, I used to work for them, here's an extract from the "Questions" page of our website.....

The Psycatic branding looks a lot like Psygnosis, did you rip it off?

Yes it does but it's more of a tribute than a rip off. They made great games for all platforms and some of my favourite Megadrive games came out of their development house, "Shadow of the beast", "Flink", Galahad, and of course Lemmings. It's a shame they had to close, for more on that see the various histories: Psygnosis.org, Purple Owl, WipeOutZone Discussion.

Secondly, Psycatic started off as a retro only project using a Psygnosis dev kit (PSY-Q, pictured below), Psygnosis documentation and also building tests with their custom tools, compiler and assembler so it's a fitting tribute I think.

Lastly, I worked for Psygnosis back in the 90's, which is how I acquired the dev kit etc and the branding is in honour of my love for retro games.

psy-q.jpg
:)

Edited by Psycatic, 12 June 2014 - 05:20 AM.

Phil Robinson

www.psycatic.com

#5 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:27 AM

How do you find developing for the Wii U?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#6 Psycatic

Psycatic

Goomba

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:01 AM

Great, I've worked with SEGA in the past and also SONY on some playstation stuff but this is my first time working with Nintendo. They supply a lot of great information and support for new developers.

I'm mostly planning out the game and working on the assets but also looking forward to finding some interesting ways to use the gamepad. I love the whole dual screen experience.

Phil Robinson

www.psycatic.com

#7 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:52 AM

Awesome, great to have you here. We all look forward to new developers utilizing the gamepad :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!