Photo

Hyrule Warriors

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Poll: Hyrule Warriors (36 member(s) have cast votes)

You Hyped?

1. Yes I love awesome things (32 votes [88.89%])

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

2. No I smell my dogs farts (4 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Who are you most excited to play as?

1. Link (14 votes [38.89%])

Percentage of vote: 38.89%

2. Zelda (10 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

3. Midna (6 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. Impa (2 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

5. Other (please explain) (4 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

I can't wait to touch...errr I mean, play with Princess Ruto...

*pervy face*

If you want a woman who's camel toe smells like fish can always geta cheap unbathed hooker.

#42 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

If you want a woman who's camel toe smells like fish can always geta cheap unbathed hooker.

She won't be blue, cute, and flirtatious, and have fins on her body allowing her to swim underwater with sexy speed and grace...

No, I have not thought this fantasy out at all or anything.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

Enjoy!  :laugh:

#43 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

She won't be blue, cute, and flirtatious, and have fins on her body allowing her to swim underwater with sexy speed and grace...

i60k0oUEPEMRA.gif

Edited by Ryudo, 29 July 2014 - 11:19 AM.

#44 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

i60k0oUEPEMRA.gif

What's that from?  It's giving me a boner.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

Enjoy!  :laugh:

#45 alex15810

alex15810

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:42 AM

I really am not excited at all for this game. As far as I've heard it's just another Dynasty Warriors game but with Zelda skins slapped on it. Is there anything new or inventive about this title that makes it better/different from the Dynasty Warriors game we already have on the Wii U - Orochi Warriors 3 Hyper? I've played a lot of Dynasty Warriors games on past consoles but don't own/don't plan to buy Hyrule. If I do buy one of them I'm leaning towards Orochi over Hyrule because it's a more mature title and claims to have 130 playable characters. Haven't played Orochi but I'm guessing Hyrule will have better graphics as Orochi on Wii U is a port so that could make me reconsider.

Edited by alex15810, 31 July 2014 - 05:45 AM.

#46 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:58 AM

I really am not excited at all for this game. As far as I've heard it's just another Dynasty Warriors game but with Zelda skins slapped on it. Is there anything new or inventive about this title that makes it better/different from the Dynasty Warriors game we already have on the Wii U - Orochi Warriors 3 Hyper? I've played a lot of Dynasty Warriors games on past consoles but don't own/don't plan to buy Hyrule. If I do buy one of them I'm leaning towards Orochi over Hyrule because it's a more mature title and claims to have 130 playable characters. Haven't played Orochi but I'm guessing Hyrule will have better graphics as Orochi on Wii U is a port so that could make me reconsider.

Not really sure how to approach this, as your quantifiers for quality seem exceptionally pedantic and contrary to game quality in favor of cosmetic fluff.

The game is already shaping up to be considerably different from other warriors games, from the fundamental combat being handled and reworked by Ninja gaidens team ninja instead of the usual musou team, and the world design style being redesigned to take into account adventure game exploration and discovery elements.

But typically people content to listening to hearsay dont really care whats actually happening and just want to reinforce their preconceived bias, otherwise they would have looked into it themselves with earnest.

So....

Yes, it is already apparent the game is considerably better looking than ps360 musou games. But like every musou game, its graphics are pretty mediocre for the system, although the art design is a notable leap over anything from dynasty/samurai. So if you want mediocre graphics on wii u that are better than mediocre graphics that came from ps360, there you go.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#47 alex15810

alex15810

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

Not really sure how to approach this, as your quantifiers for quality seem exceptionally pedantic and contrary to game quality in favor of cosmetic fluff.

The game is already shaping up to be considerably different from other warriors games, from the fundamental combat being handled and reworked by Ninja gaidens team ninja instead of the usual musou team, and the world design style being redesigned to take into account adventure game exploration and discovery elements.

But typically people content to listening to hearsay dont really care whats actually happening and just want to reinforce their preconceived bias, otherwise they would have looked into it themselves with earnest.

So....

Yes, it is already apparent the game is considerably better looking than ps360 musou games. But like every musou game, its graphics are pretty mediocre for the system, although the art design is a notable leap over anything from dynasty/samurai. So if you want mediocre graphics on wii u that are better than mediocre graphics that came from ps360, there you go.

No need to be rude. You're assuming a lot. I'm keeping an open mind, not biased at all. I've done a fair amount of research on Hyrule and haven't seen or heard of anything especially new or inventive that will distinguish it from past titles. I'm not saying it absolutely for sure won't be different or revolutionary for the series, just that from what I've seen so far it doesn't seem to be.

Your description of the differences are very general. Can you explain specifically how the combat is different? Are movesets styled differently? Are special moves different? Is enemy design different in some way? Are there substantial improvements to past problems of Warriors games such as frame rate issues?

Just because a different team is working on the game doesn't mean it will be substantially different. Trailers of the game I've seen so far certainly don't look any different from past titles. You mention exploration and discovery, Specifically, how is this title different in that area? Past warriors games have all had elements of exploration and discovery. Are there different game modes in this title or exploration objectives that we haven't seen before?

From the trailers I've seen the game doesn't look different at all from past titles in the series, barring the graphics which I agree are better and will be a solid reason to pick up the title.

Again, I'm still considering picking up Hyrule. I'm keeping an open mind but have not been overjoyed by what I've seen which I think is completely reasonable.

Edited by alex15810, 31 July 2014 - 06:37 AM.

#48 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:10 AM

Did you miss Nintendos e3 or something? The hours of tree house footage is what kicked off interest in the title as something other than musou with zelda skin. And they havent been letting up since.

The only way I can see someone who claims to have your viewpoint AND has actually looked into the game is if the only thing you saw was the reveal trailers or the character/weapon trailers, which specifically only show the basic movesets and specials on a group of shut off mobs.

I dont recall other musou titles having massive monsters with completely foreign movesets and ways to figgt from anything out of any musou game, like dragons and dodongo kings.

Nor having an all new on the fly sub weapon system, that not only interact with the environment (bombs open new paths shortcuts, hidden areas, hook shot grants access to second teir areas, hidden areas) But integrate into combos and have their own specials, like mega bombs, or pulling majoras moon out of the sky.

Nor do I recall these sub weapons being findable via chests, which you have to find. Along with other hidden items like new. main weapons for characters which give them completely different play styles.

While in contrast, the vast majority of most musou games hundreds of characters are reskins, often with differences akin to a smash bros clone. Each individual character in hyrule will have more content depth than dozens of characters typical in musou games.

Nor do I recall other dynasty warrior games having puzzles like crystal switches to access/shut access to areas.

Or stuff like this for unlocks/customization upgrades/currency:

http://images.euroga...y/80/format/jpg

I mean, a basic google search brings up endless articles like eurogamer saying things like:

' Hyrule Warriors looks like quite the
departure for the 28 year old series. '

Your post doesnt just seem incredibly outdated, but with the vast amounts of lists of directly contradictory information from any basic google search, it seems rather hard to believe you did any kind of looking in, but rather:

' I really am not excited at all for this game. As
far as I've heard it's just another Dynasty
Warriors game but with Zelda skins slapped on
it. '

This is most likely the literal truth. As far as you heard.And the narrative you were more than comfortable with mantaining.

Your 'question' was all but completely posed as rhetorical.

I mean you come in here, bump the thread, say you are not remotely interested in the game. Fine, whatever thats fair enough. Then you instantly defend your statement with blatant fallacies, stated specifically as hearsay through the grape vine (because thats SOOOOOO reliable and accurate when it comes to anything nintendo) and then you, in the form of a thinly veiled 'question' challenge anyone to show this isnt the case, despite you just saying how much you know about the game, and how you know better than to be excited for this and how you know its just a lame cash in....

I mean the whole reason this thread was made is, because, that was the date, after e3 and the treehouse, verybody was surprised by nintendo showing hw WASNT a zelda skin over musou like gundam or one piece.

And then you come in straight from last year, with two giant paragraphs defending how you know all about the game while spewing off generic hearsay and 'asking' US to show YOU otherwise. But you already know all about it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#49 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:40 AM

uprk0yx.gif

i9bVEk3aD814Y.gif

Edited by Ryudo, 31 July 2014 - 08:41 AM.

#50 alex15810

alex15810

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

I'm still confused as to why you seem to be getting so angry/defensive in your posts. You also keep making up things I don't believe/never said such as I claim to more than anyone else, I claimed this is a cash grab, I claim to know all about the game, I said I know better than to be excited for this, I'm looking to maintain a certain narrative, ect. Go back and re-read, I never said any of that. You're making things up.

Also not sure what you mean by "And then you come in straight from last year"...this thread has been active lately and I post fairly frequently on these boards. Both praising Nintendo titles and sometimes (like this one) not praising it.

This thread is about a poll asking if we are excited for Hyrule, all I'm doing is chiming in with my opinion. No I've not spent hours and hours researching the game but I've watched Nintendo's E3 demo and have read some posts/upcoming game articles about it. I don't claim to know all. If I'm mistaken or missing something that's totally fine, please point it out I want to learn more about the title.

I've played several of them and Dynasty Warriors 3 in particular I've spent hundreds of hours playing. But yes, many of the features you mentioned I've seen before.

In Warriors 3, to get the most powerful weapons for the characters you had to search, explore and find supply teams and loot the weapons. There have been large selections of weapons for all characters in past games. While I haven't played the game I know Orochi hyper has a weapon crafting system as well as purchasable weapons.

We've had mini-bosses before with their own movesets. We've had large creatures before. The large elephants in Warriors 3 come to mind but Hyrule's look much improved so props to Hyrule for that.

Some of the other features you mentioned like crystal switches, puzzles ect. we haven't exactly seen that before so that looks neat and different. We did have gates to close and gate captains to kill in Warriors 3. We also had to search out certain targets to trigger on battle field events but nothing like you've mentioned so looking forward to hearing more about those.

Edited by alex15810, 31 July 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#51 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

Online confirmed, something unique. Probs hear more about it tomorrow morning.

Or not as today wasn't the HW Direct date xD

Edited by Akazury, 31 July 2014 - 11:51 PM.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#52 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:04 AM

It looks like although there will be online play it won't include Co-Op. There will however be local multi player Co-Op.

http://www.joystiq.c...nline-campaign/

#53 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:04 AM

Wasn't the direct this morning? I can't find it anywhere?

#54 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:44 AM

Wasn't the direct this morning? I can't find it anywhere?

PM

pNgecl.gif

#55 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:34 AM

PM

I know but I read for my region it would be 8 in the morning on monday. Guess it's tomorrow morning.

#56 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

Live ND starts in 20 minutes from the time this is posted

Edited by Ryudo, 04 August 2014 - 06:41 PM.

#57 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:50 PM

The direct convinced me. From B-title to AA for me. At the same time, I think Nintendo's influence and marketing will contribute much into the quality and image of the Warriors franchise.

Up next: Wario'rs

Edited by Lupaie, 04 August 2014 - 11:51 PM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#58 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:52 PM

So what did we think? Not much new information, just conformation and explanation. Girahim, Zant and Ganondorf are playable, Cucoos still kill you, adventure mode a mix of the first LoZ and HW and some DLC. Not what I expected but still going to get it.

Switching to the European Direct now, as it should contain somewhat different information.

The Ganondorf DLC is obtained the same way but no word yet on how to get the SS, OoT and TP costumes. Europe gets a Limited Edition that comes with a/the HW scarf.

Edited by Akazury, 05 August 2014 - 12:08 AM.

#59 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:57 PM

Any word on what the online features were? Since there is no online co op I heard there was still some kind of online, I guess leaderboards?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#60 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:06 AM

Any word on what the online features were? Since there is no online co op I heard there was still some kind of online, I guess leaderboards?

Not in the direct but you have the standard online features like miiverse, leaderboards and DLC and a unique online thing. Till we get conformation about this nothing is set in stone, but I expect it being like this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!