Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

Metro's GameCentral was able to catch up with one of the NetherRealm Studios' developers at E3 2014 to ask about Mortal Kombat X, but their interview process lead them back towards the often rumored title, Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat.

The interview wasn't recorded and transcribed later, nor did they specifically name who they spoke with at NRS about this subject, so take the following with that in mind.

GameCentral noted due to the nature of how this interview was conducted, the NRS developer opened up and didn't give "press release" style answers to questions, though.
According to the story, Ryu or Chun-Li's head being ripped off at the end of a match in a Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat game isn't something Capcom is OK with, and apparently this point has been the deal breaker in the past as to why this title hasn't been made.

In the article, they mention no one can work out a way around the problem — that Street Fighter is no where near as violent of a franchise, so merging the two is quite an issue.

NetherRealm Studios said they still stay in touch with Capcom, though.

If you were one of the developers working on this title, how would you solve the violence issue? Leave a comment below with your thoughts.

http://www.eventhubs...-kombat-happen/

Capcom are such spidermen.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

To be honest I would just get rid of the Finsher move and just make the X-ray more gruesome. It may seem the same but believe me with the SF characters not ending up dead the Capcom people would be ok with that.

Also MKX looks F'ing awesome.

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:15 AM

Well, that's baloney. We still got Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, and that worked just fine without the ultra-gory finishers.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:14 PM

Well, that's baloney. We still got Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, and that worked just fine without the ultra-gory finishers.

Yeah we don't acknowledge the existence of MK vs DC.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#5 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

Yeah we don't acknowledge the existence of MK vs DC.

I thought it played fine. :shrug:

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

Well duh.

And the solution is the same now as it was 20 years ago. Dont taint Street fighter with junk like mk.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

The crossover wouldn't work. Simple as that. The appeals from both serials are far too apart.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#8 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

But having a crossover with superhero icons is absolutely peachy-keen.

794144.png?13383682

#9 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:10 PM

DC is a fairly violent universe. What I meant by being too far apart is that, Street Fighter has a "I'm gonna take over the world and do it with style" as opposed to Mortal Kombat, and to the same extent, DC, which is "I'm gonna take over the world, rape and pillage, burn people, mess with their souls, make them cry til the dry to dust, and do the scariest Mandeville when I'm finished".

Also, Guard button... Lol

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#10 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:06 PM

Idk always liked both, even the 3d MKs were super fun. SF has/had some clever gameplay, made you think when playing, my personal fav is SF3. Still MK was just plain fun and had a nice combo system and also they always tried with their story, MK9 pretty much perfected it.

Either way I would like these two iconic franchises to battle it out. Both franchises have their own thing going and I can't wait to see a new SF and MKX looks phenomenal, so as of right now it's a good time to be a fan of fighting games.

#11 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

Taking an average fighting game like MK and mixing it with a much better fighter like SF is never a good thing. Just look at SFXT.

#12 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:58 AM

Taking an average fighting game like MK and mixing it with a much better fighter like SF is never a good thing. Just look at SFXT.

I loved the game but felt the Tekken characters had too much an advantage. Mind you I'm not the best fighting game player.

#13 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:32 PM

Street fighter has always been more popular and fun to play due to a number of factors
:

1) compelling characters that you WANT to play as.

2) character design more suitable to abroad range of people.

3) some semblance of backstory to apply motive to your character.

4) far more intuitive controls. And in most cases, controls that works consistently. Nothing more frustrating than putting in a giant number of inputs just tonhave the system fail to recognize what you had entered. Newer games have gotten better.

I don't have any desire to see sf vs MK. At all.

But I really do wish to see a proper sf vs tekken in the tekken engine.

Stayed away from the capcom version simply because I didn't want to buy the alpha version. Lol. And it looks like many felt that way too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!