Lafosse64

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • NNID:Lafosse64
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:58 PM

Hey there (im new here btw) Im a Nintendo Wii U owner since March 2014 and I have a doubt about the Wii U pro controller.

You see i got my first Wii U pro controlle days after i got my Wii U. It actually looked so great on Youtube reviews since its like a spiritual succesor of my favorite controller (Xbox 360 controller). 

The problem is that the second I got it it looked great, felt great in my hands but, here comes the thing. Once i started using it with Call of Duty Black Ops II I realized that the joysticks are (by far) not as good as the ones you have on the Wii U gamepad which are AWESOME. I don't know how to explain it... they don't feel AND don't actually work as accurate as the joysticks on the Wii U gamepad and the difference is HUGE. So much that even my friends don't like to play Call of Duty on my Wii U cus the one that is using the Gamepad has a lot of advantage cus the joystick is way more accurate to aim, move, etc. While with the Pro controller everyone's having problems aiming with accuracy (including me). I've played CoD on my Xbox 360 before selling it and i never had this problem and neither with the Wii U Gamepad which works as good as a 360 controller.

Anyway the thing is that i searched on the internet and saw some people complaining about some pirated versions of the Wii U Pro Controller being sold as originals... so as I started to feel worried that i had got tricked with a pirated version I started to look for all physical details and diferences between an original and a pirated one. In the end I couldn't find any, so it's either original or a great freaking identical copy of an original.

Now here is where you people come into play. I'd really need any of you to tell me if you experience the same with your Wii U Pro Controllers... if the Joystick is not as good or accurate as the one of the Wii U Gamepad or if they joysticks are exactly the same and work as good as the ones of the Gamepad. If mine is the only one with the problem then yes ill asume mine is not an original.

The other thing i wanted to ask if its possible is that i saw on internet that the copies have something written on the back of the controller that is different from what is written on the back of the original one. But i couldnt find any comparison on internet so ill just write here what it says in the back of mine and you people can check (please) if it says the same in the back of your controllers to know if its the same or not. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what it says:

MODEL: WUP-005
RATING: 5V-0.5a
BATTERY (LI-ion): CT-003  3.6V-3.7V

FCC ID: POO-R237999  IC: 4250A-R237999
THIS DEVICE COMPLIES WITH PART 15 OF THE FCC RULES.
OPERATION IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TWO CONDITIONS (1) THIS DEVICE MAY NOT CAUSE HARMFUL INTERFERENCE, AND (2) THIS DEVICE MUST ACCEPT ANY INTERFERENCE RECEIVED, INCLUDING INTERFERENCE THAT MAY CAUSE UNDESIRED OPERATION

FOR CONSUMER SERVICE:
SUPPORT.NINTENDO.COM OR CALL 1-800-255-3700

PATENTS PENDING
MADE IN CHINA
LTB-WUP-A-RC-USZ-C0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for your time! :)

EDIT: i must add that the packaging was EXACTLY the same of an original (if its not the original) AND I don't know if its true but I just read that the originals have 'Nintendo' written on the USB charging cables (mine doesn't say anything) if it's true that the originals have 'Nintendo' written on the USB cables then yes i've been tricked horribly. If not then I'm still confused... is it possible that Nintendo had release such a poor quality control? if that's the case... hope i'ts just a fake.

Edited by Lafosse64, 29 June 2014 - 10:10 PM.

''GAMER SINCE 1990''

#2 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:45 AM

I don't have a pro controller to compare the joysticks/the text on the back, but did you buy the Pro Controller off of eBay/Amazon, or used? Because there's practically no chance it could be a fake if you got it new from a store like Target or GameStop. If you bought it from there, it's either faulty or that's just how the controllers are made.

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:52 AM

Yes, you are correct, Nintendo is written on USB cable.

PS. Is your usb charging cable black or gray? It should be gray with Nintendo logo.

WP_000830.jpg

Does your battery cover look like this? Is the Nintendo Logo the same style font, and look? If so, it's a fake. below is a fake.

WP_000840.jpg

battery cover Nintendo logo should look like this

WP_000841.jpg

Edited by Sorceror12, 30 June 2014 - 02:54 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 Lafosse64

Lafosse64

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:22 AM

''Yes, you are correct, Nintendo is written on USB cable.

PS. Is your usb charging cable black or gray? It should be gray with Nintendo logo.

Does your battery cover look like this? Is the Nintendo Logo the same style font, and look? If so, it's a fake. below is a fake.''

Hey! well... it's weird. The cable is gray, not black... but it doesn't say Nintendo anywhere.

The controller, no, the logo looks legit, with Nintendo's font. Which leaves me confused once again. The cable is reason enough to think its fake? 
tjT
can you tell me if your Wii U Pro Controller's joysticks feel and work the same as the Gamepad's ?  Thank you for eveything!

''GAMER SINCE 1990''

#5 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:16 AM

Mine indeed says Nintendo on the cable, however my back is different (EU).

Foto 30-06-14 14 13 10.jpg

The only thing I notice with the Pro controller is that the joysticks might be a little lighter than the once in the Gamepad, but that's kinda nitpicking.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:40 AM

''Yes, you are correct, Nintendo is written on USB cable.

Does your battery cover look like this? Is the Nintendo Logo the same style font, and look? If so, it's a fake. below is a fake.''

Hey! well... it's weird. The cable is gray, not black... but it doesn't say Nintendo anywhere.

The controller, no, the logo looks legit, with Nintendo's font. Which leaves me confused once again. The cable is reason enough to think its fake? 
tjT
can you tell me if your Wii U Pro Controller's joysticks feel and work the same as the Gamepad's ?  Thank you for eveything!

I think the cable should tell you everything. As far as I know, the cable is always branded with Nintendo. Some of the rip off controllers had a black cable.

Did you purchase this new, refurb, used and from what site?

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Lafosse64

Lafosse64

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

Well then, it must be indeed an identical copy. But damn it works bad, the joysticks really suck :/  I bought them from an electronics shop, a non-known one. bought it new, i opened it myself. such bad luck, I payed 50 bucks for them. Anyway, the salesman is quite a nice person so probably he doesn't even know he is selling pirated controllers, ill go and tell him so he can change his provider, but i wont ask for refund or anything. Ill just buy new ones elsewhere and make sure that are originals. 

''GAMER SINCE 1990''

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wii u, pro controller, wii, nintendo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!