Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

This morning, an eShop release schedule from Nintendo of Europe indicated that Squids Odyssey, an indie RPG by The Game Bakers, will effectively be the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U’s very first “cross-buy” title, meaning that you’ll only need to buy the game once and you’ll be able to play it on both platforms when it releases this Thursday.

There is a catch, however. Siliconera got in touch with The Game Bakers and learnt that the promotion only works one way—you buy the game on 3DS and get the Wii U version for free. You will not be able to buy the Wii U version and get a free 3DS copy.

The Game Bakers revealed to us that it was actually Nintendo of Europe that approached the studio and asked if they would be interested in the promotion.

“Indeed this is something new for Nintendo, they call it conditional sales,” a representative from Game Bakers shared with Siliconera. “They asked us if we’d be interested in this kind of operation and we said yes. I believe Squids Odyssey is one of the first titles or the first title to support this.”

“Unfortunately,” the representative continued, “it’s only 3DS -> WiiU for the moment, even though I know they would like to see this work the other way round (and we’d like it too!).”

I asked if there were similar plans for Squids Odyssey to be a cross-buy game in North America as well, but was informed that Nintendo of America “could not support this operation yet”. I then asked if this meant that The Game Bakers had approached NOA about the promotion.

They replied: “Yes we did ask, we really like this promotion and wished to make it happen for all gamers, but NOA could not support this kind of promotion.

Wii YOU REGGIE 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

eolvh.gif

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:40 PM

I'm done.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#4 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

I think the general consensus is that NoA sucks with promotions. Nintendo needs to atleast offer cross-buy with VC already. Now that's the worst.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

sUrRSzk.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

Can`t understand both situations....

#7 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

Reggie can't figure it out.

Because he's a jive talker/salesman type.

Not really a CEO.

#8 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

What the Wii is this

#9 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if NoA was involved with the lack of cross buy in any region before this. It's things like this that make me have a love/hate relationship with Nintendo.

#10 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

sUrRSzk.gif

no need to post a video of you and your Dad.

OOOHH SNAP

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:23 AM

no need to post a video of you and your Dad.

OOOHH SNAP

My dad and I appreciate you taking the time to film the video.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!