• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#61 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:50 PM

What people don't realize is that Nintendo released few first party games at launch on purpose. Want to know why they did that? Same reason they did it for 3DS. They wanted to give 3rd parties a chance to do well without Nintendo games competing.  One of the many complaints 3rd parties have is how Nintendo first party only sells and puts down 3rd party games. So Nintendo gave them a clear window to work with. Guess what 3rd parties dropped the ball both times leaving it up to Nintendo to try and pick things up. 3DS took OoT 3D and WiiU tried with a few 2013 games but took until MK8.

Like for example WiiU got Mass Effect 3 about a year after release on other consoles. ME Trology was already out. Why not port the trilogy? Nope ME3 and then EA was mad it didn't sell.  Ubi screwed WiiU fans over with Rayman. Crap like that. Nintendo published Ninja Gaiden 3 and marketed ZombiU. They did a lot to help 3rd parties succeed but most gave a half assed effort at best.

#62 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:31 PM

What people don't realize is that Nintendo released few first party games at launch on purpose. Want to know why they did that? Same reason they did it for 3DS. They wanted to give 3rd parties a chance to do well without Nintendo games competing.  One of the many complaints 3rd parties have is how Nintendo first party only sells and puts down 3rd party games. So Nintendo gave them a clear window to work with. Guess what 3rd parties dropped the ball both times leaving it up to Nintendo to try and pick things up. 3DS took OoT 3D and WiiU tried with a few 2013 games but took until MK8.

Like for example WiiU got Mass Effect 3 about a year after release on other consoles. ME Trology was already out. Why not port the trilogy? Nope ME3 and then EA was mad it didn't sell.  Ubi screwed WiiU fans over with Rayman. Crap like that. Nintendo published Ninja Gaiden 3 and marketed ZombiU. They did a lot to help 3rd parties succeed but most gave a half assed effort at best.

EA was pulling stupidity before ME3 sales iirc. Look at all the cancelled titles, and how they went from "we love and support wii u" to snotty unfunny april fools jokes.

General theory is they changed tunes when Nintendo wouldn't go all in with them and fully support origin.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#63 FlamingFury

FlamingFury

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Futurama

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:47 AM

I think most talk about how it didn't have games like Pikmin, Donkey Kong, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Metroid, Zelda at launch. I mean I personally didn't care, I thought it had a pretty good launch games to get you started, most launch titles arn't that great for any system, though Wii did really good. We did get a few meh ports, but if done right was a stepping stone for more titles to follow, sadly that didn't happen. People just had high expectations and they would not work with Nintendo's dev cycle.

Yeah. I suppose if you look at it from that angle... 

Still 3 million is pretty good.

And Nintendoland and NSMBU and ZombiU were enough to tide me over for awhile.

#64 genev

genev

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of zelda,final fantasy,pokemon

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:13 AM

I think wii u's problem is probably the wii. Despite being extremely successful, the majority of people who bought the wii weren't gamers; they were just mothers,grandmothers and people who hated gaming,but liked wii bowling. Now that the 7th generation is over these people are not even aware of the existence of the wii u or think that is just an add on and they probably won't buy it. Another problem is that because this was the majority, mature games like mad world didn't sell, so 3rd party companies said that we aren't making any other of those games for the wii. If people had supported 3rd parties during last generation, maybe their attitude toward wii u would be different now and maybe the wii u would sell more. And even now that we have some ports like AC:IV or exclusives like zombi u , which are great games, we still don't support them.

Edited by basketballfan, 30 July 2014 - 02:20 AM.

'' It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong.''

Voltaire

#65 MRNYY42

MRNYY42

Gym Leader

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • NNID:MRNYY42
  • Fandom:
    Electric Type Gym Leader [Kalos Region]

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:01 AM

If I was incharge of nintendo i would:

• Make The wii console appeal to ALL Gamers not just Family/Casual Gamers

• Make the console more powerfull, this will allow 3rd party developers to make better games

• Better advertising to promote new consoles

Listen to the consumers more!

Electric Type Gym Leader [Kalos Region]

#66 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

If I was incharge of nintendo i would:

• Make The wii console appeal to ALL Gamers not just Family/Casual Gamers

• Make the console more powerfull, this will allow 3rd party developers to make better games

• Better advertising to promote new consoles

Listen to the consumers more!

I have to say this way too much but here I go again:

Making the Wii u more powerful won't attract third parties. It's just an excuse. If the Wii u was the most powerful system this gen, they would  come up with some other reason why they "definitely can't" develop for Wii U even though they would just love to.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#67 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

I have to say this way too much but here I go again:

Making the Wii u more powerful won't attract third parties. It's just an excuse. If the Wii u was the most powerful system this gen, they would  come up with some other reason why they "definitely can't" develop for Wii U even though they would just love to.

I think this is true, but what is the real reason why third parties avoid Nintendo now? Install base? Casual reputation? Somehow I doubt it is just that. There has to be something else too.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#68 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

I think this is true, but what is the real reason why third parties avoid Nintendo now? Install base? Casual reputation? Somehow I doubt it is just that. There has to be something else too.

Mostly? A little bit of everything. Nintendo is the competition, Nintendo has a very high quality standards, Microsoft and Sony depend on and fellatio the third parties, etc.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#69 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

I think ot has a little to do with threputation and a little more to do with the previous ceo saying multiplat companies suck.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#70 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

Mostly? A little bit of everything. Nintendo is the competition, Nintendo has a very high quality standards, Microsoft and Sony depend on and fellatio the third parties, etc.

I think ot has a little to do with threputation and a little more to do with the previous ceo saying multiplat companies suck.

I think the other companies are actually trying to run Nintendo into the ground. By doing all of this it really is hurting them. They might be trying to once and for all get rid of them as a whole.

zZJ9pHB.png

#71 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

I think the other companies are actually trying to run Nintendo into the ground. By doing all of this it really is hurting them. They might be trying to once and for all get rid of them as a whole.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is their end goal. Fortunately they're doing a bad job of it.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#72 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if that is their end goal. Fortunately they're doing a bad job of it.

I just want Nintendo to be as big as they were when I was a kid. The Wii U is doing a fantastic job of that with games. The games I have played so far have insane amount of quality put into them and have me feeling like it's a modern day SNES. If it wasn't for all this other crap going on and how Nintendo handled the casual market transitioning I feel like they would be on top like the great days of gaming.

zZJ9pHB.png

#73 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:48 PM

I just want Nintendo to be as big as they were when I was a kid. The Wii U is doing a fantastic job of that with games. The games I have played so far have insane amount of quality put into them and have me feeling like it's a modern day SNES. If it wasn't for all this other crap going on and how Nintendo handled the casual market transitioning I feel like they would be on top like the great days of gaming.

They still are on top. They've made the most off gaming than any other company. The only place they're really "losing" is in their reputation.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#74 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

They still are on top. They've made the most off gaming than any other company. The only place they're really "losing" is in their reputation.

Are they? I thought both XOne and PS4 sold more consoles. They might have made more money in gaming alone, but it's obvious that most people own the other consoles.

zZJ9pHB.png

#75 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

Are they? I thought both XOne and PS4 sold more consoles. They might have made more money in gaming alone, but it's obvious that most people own the other consoles.

Not sure about Xbone. PS4 definitely, but it's still early days, and Nintendo has more behind them with a bigger upcoming lineup.

Also 3DS blows the sales of any other system from ths gen out of the water.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#76 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

Not sure about Xbone. PS4 definitely, but it's still early days, and Nintendo has more behind them with a bigger upcoming lineup.

Also 3DS blows the sales of any other system from ths gen out of the water.

Forgot about the 3DS, it has killed everything. The Wii U lineup is impressive too, so hyped for Smash and Splatoon. And YWW. The only games I am looking forward to for the others are MGS5 and Alien:Isolation

zZJ9pHB.png

#77 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:47 PM

Forgot about the 3DS, it has killed everything. The Wii U lineup is impressive too, so hyped for Smash and Splatoon. And YWW. The only games I am looking forward to for the others are MGS5 and Alien:Isolation

Ugh. When I see the word Alien it makes me think of colonial marinies. Trigger warning next time please.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#78 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

Ugh. When I see the word Alien it makes me think of colonial marinies. Trigger warning next time please.

I think this one will be way better. It's a survival horror.

zZJ9pHB.png

#79 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:55 PM

I think this one will be way better. It's a survival horror.

I wouldn't even know it was bad. I stopped caring about it when it was "delayed"

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#80 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

I wouldn't even know it was bad. I stopped caring about it when it was "delayed"

Gearbox was shady with that game. The build at PAX I think it was 2 years   before release and people loved was not the game that came out. They scrapped that build of the game.The game that came out was made in a few months and Gearbox took a lot of that money and put it towards Borderlands 2 and kinda got away with it. They screwed SEGA and anyone who bought Aliens. Come to think of it the PAX build from a few years back was a horror game not to much unlike iso and was good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!