umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

So everyone who plays pokemon wants a full console version, i get that, a brand new world, 2-5x bigger than its ever been.

But I'm curious to know,what if Gamefreak decided to revitalize the old in a new way by remaking all the previous games (as time goes on) on a console, would you Buy Pokemon Red and Blue remakes for Wii-u Even though it was already remade for GBA?

#2 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

No. It made sense to remake GB games because you can't transfer your Pokemon to the GBA games and future games. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#3 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

No. It made sense to remake GB games because you can't transfer your Pokemon to the GBA games and future games. 

mmh i understand that, but despite, you wouldn't buy the 1st real 3D pokemon RPG for wii-u even though its a remake? after all, that remake is 10 years old.

Well none the less, i would buy day 1 without hesitation, just for the fact it'd be a truly new experience on a old classic.

#4 BananaCheese

BananaCheese

Darknut Dominator

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • NNID:Awesomesocks
  • Fandom:
    Zelda and Animal Crossing

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

I would, considering the fact that I've never played the originals. The most I've done is watch my friends play them on emulators online, so if I bought a remake for Wii U, it'd be a completely new game to me.

Nintendo_Logo-600x200.png 

Nintendo Network ID: Awesomesocks | Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032-1712-2862

PM me if you add me on any of the above.

#5 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

yes

#6 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

Ehh... I'm still not sold on that whole mainstream console Pokemon game. And not 'everyone' wants it, they want much more, lol.

Would I buy it if it was true? Maybe, I would have to look into it. I much prefer a more Colosseum/XD approach, or even a full world Pokemon Battle Rev with mixed Pokemon Stadium. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

If it was in full 3D and added ALOT more content than firered/leafgreen had (like make the story longer, maybe change the layout of the world, a lot more end game content)

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

A main series Pokémon game remake? No I wouldn't buy that, a whole new main series game I might but I feel Pokémon is right at home on a handheld. I prefer the Pokémon Colleseum/XD approach on a console, much more story and action driven with more off a feel of purpose.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#9 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

I'd rather just have a 3D remake of Red/Green since HG/SS are already on two screened stuffs.

by chance

#10 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

If they were making a remake that good then it wouldn't be much more expensive to just make a new game. 

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#11 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:06 PM

I want Monolith Soft to design a battle system for Pokemon and release a big open world JRPG set in the Pokemon Universe. THAT's What Pokemon needs to be on a console.

The following are optional features.

And if you wanted to incorporate the handheld combat system as a large side quest series and to play each other on the big screen with the handheld teams (3DS vs 3DS) I'd be cool with that too!

#12 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:10 AM

I want Monolith Soft to design a battle system for Pokemon and release a big open world JRPG set in the Pokemon Universe. THAT's What Pokemon needs to be on a console.

And if you wanted to incorporate the handheld combat system as a large side quest series and to play each other on the big screen with the handheld teams (3DS vs 3DS) I'd be cool with that too!

that sounds cool. I'm thinking too if a full pokemon rpg ever comes to console for wii-u, Amiibo would be apart of the game in some fashion.

#13 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:24 AM

People need to get it through their heads that mainstream pokemon is never going to come to consoles. There's no point doing it, there's little to be gained, and Gamefreak have said multiple times that they don't want to.

With that being said though, Nintendo should definitely start using the IP on consoles, but it shouldn't be a copy of the handheld games. Perhaps some sort of MMO where the classes are based off pokemon types. For example Rock/Ground pokemon could be tanks while Psychics could be a mage class.

pNgecl.gif

#14 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

People need to get it through their heads that mainstream pokemon is never going to come to consoles. There's no point doing it, there's little to be gained, and Gamefreak have said multiple times that they don't want to.

With that being said though, Nintendo should definitely start using the IP on consoles, but it shouldn't be a copy of the handheld games. Perhaps some sort of MMO where the classes are based off pokemon types. For example Rock/Ground pokemon could be tanks while Psychics could be a mage class.

See my above post.

#15 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

I would, considering the fact that I've never played the originals.

There is that for me to but even then... I dunno, I was never a huge fan.

Edited by Atticus, 13 July 2014 - 09:10 AM.

#16 SamuraiDeity

SamuraiDeity

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

Why is there little to be gained? A big pokemon game on console would be fantastic and like others said amiibos could be used greatly.

No, I disagree with this completely. Keep the combat turn-based but incorporate movement into a little, like FF tactics or if they do go real time kind make it real time with pause like Baldur's Gate where you could use the gamepad to move pokemon around the battlefield.

Edited by SamuraiDeity, 13 July 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#17 Teddy

Teddy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • NNID:latios
  • Fandom:
    mlp

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:12 AM

ill buy them when the come out

cant have signature cuz of internet explorer :/

#18 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:30 AM

no because pokemon is already the same game over and over again

#19 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

I would buy remakes of the Sinnoh games, and then maybe Kanto in about 10 years.

Other than that, I want new regions and Pokemon.

#20 Sylentmana

Sylentmana

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

You bet I would!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!