• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

WyrdA, this thor is a comic book character and marvel's messy continuity invalidates your entire argument with this name bs.

PS, names aren't strict with genders, I knew a girl named Ryan and a man named Nicole.

PSS; His name isn't Thor, it's Thor Odinson.  Thor and Thor Odinson are separate.

You might want to reevaluate your life if you get pissy when a character is re-imagined in a way that is different than before.  Christ, you're worse than /co/

#22 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:44 PM

x2W7xk8.jpg

#23 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:40 PM

Thor, however, is male. Straight. I've seen it put as "Her calling herself Thor is like calling herself Tony Stark" and it is. It's stupid. She should have a different name.
Also She-Hulk is a thing, and no one complains because Hulk was first. It only makes sense that she makes it clear she is the female version of a make superhero. If she hulk had been hulk first, hulk would either have gotten a new name or been called hulk man or something. The comment that "this isn't she thor or thor woman, it's just thor" is just an attempt to pander to the people trying to say that males and females are exactly the same. They're not.

This. Good post.

So to clarify: "Thor" is more of a title then a specific person's name?

Except that it is actually the son of Odins name. As in his name is actually thor. Just like Odin is Odin and Loki is... Loki. And even though the odinforce has been used by others, Odin remained Odin. And the person using his power wasn't renamed odin. Just like thors granted extra power (he already has asgardian powers) being used by someone else wouldn't make them Thor. They would simply have the power of Thor.

Just another cheap move my marvel to make a cash grab. And insensitive nature of it to Thor fans as well as guaranteed forum fodder gives instant, if very temporary, free marketing.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 16 July 2014 - 11:41 PM.

#24 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

WyrdA, this thor is a comic book character and marvel's messy continuity invalidates your entire argument with this name bs.

PS, names aren't strict with genders, I knew a girl named Ryan and a man named Nicole.

PSS; His name isn't Thor, it's Thor Odinson.  Thor and Thor Odinson are separate.

You might want to reevaluate your life if you get pissy when a character is re-imagined in a way that is different than before.  Christ, you're worse than /co/

I already said, i checked both his norse mythological background and his comic background. Neither indicated this is a title.

Also, people name their children weird things all the. There's a baby called Norht West for goodness sake. It doesn't mean because one person has done it that the word is for ever changed and now goes both ways.

Look up Nicole on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicole_(given_name)) "Nicole is a feminine given name and a surname."

Not "Nicole is a feminine given name but also kinda like a title so it totally doesn't matter if you call a guy that, no one will think it's weird." Because Wikipedia is supposed to be factual, and everyone would know that's crap.

Another example: People dress guys in girl clothes and vice versa all the time. It doesn't change the nature of the clothes and their usage. A feminine name is a feminine name. A masculine name is a masculine name.

Also, I'm not mad. I'm just being straight. Like I've said before, I don't have time for beating around the bush. All it does it draw out the debate when people try to walk all over you or point to tiny little things you said or did while trying to do so.

I don't care about Thor. It's not one of the comics I read, it's not one I'm planning on reading. This has practically no effect on me. I'm simply here to state my opinion on the change.

x2W7xk8.jpg

That's a pretty hypocritical post Ryudo.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#25 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

You know what's funny Wydra. You were the first to respond to that and took a defensive stance,meaning you took it as aimed at you. So in truth you got full of yourself and made a seemingly paranoid assumtpion and responded with a defelct defensive approach and since you got defensive means you got offended. All it was there for was for how dumb a subject it was and how it didn't matter in general.

Woman,Man or Sarah Jessica Parker Horse Face. It's comics stuff changes then changes back then changes again and then changes back as a endless loop. Don't like it wait 5 minutes when Comics changes it's mind again. You guys are trying to put reason into a place where there practically is none.

Edited by Ryudo, 17 July 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#26 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

Thor Odinson and Thor are separate, Thor's name is Thor Odinson.

I already said, i checked both his norse mythological background and his comic background. Neither indicated this is a title.

download.jpg

Implying comic continuity means jack

dRICPK7.png

#27 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:27 PM

You know what's funny Wydra. You were the first to respond to that and took a defensive stance,meaning you took it as aimed at you. So in truth you got full of yourself and made a seemingly paranoid assumtpion and responded with a defelct defensive approach and since you got defensive means you got offended. All it was there for was for how dumb a subject it was and how it didn't matter in general.

Woman,Man or Sarah Jessica Parker Horse Face. It's comics stuff changes then changes back then changes again and then changes back as a endless loop. Don't like it wait 5 minutes when Comics changes it's mind again. You guys are trying to put reason into a place where there practically is none.

You liked Mourn's post, which was aimed at me, and then post this directly after.

Thor Odinson and Thor are separate, Thor's name is Thor Odinson.

download.jpg

Implying comic continuity means jack

dRICPK7.png

Osdinson is his last name. It means son of Odin like how Williams means son of William, or Johnson means son of John. His name is Thor.

So if we take out his last name, you just said:

"Thor and Thor are separate. Thor's name is Thor."

That post while, a little amusing is also wrong, because Thor's name doesn't actually hold any power. It's just taken the fact she gets his name to mean that it's part of the deal. Once again, the hammer doesn't actually say that.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#28 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

You liked Mourn's post, which was aimed at me, and then post this directly after.

Get over yourself seriously. I liked it because I agree with how stupid comics are and how they mean jack squat. My first posy in the topic is about that. Seriously stop acting like everything is about you.

#29 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

Get over yourself seriously. I liked it because I agree with how stupid comics are and how they mean jack squat. My first posy in the topic is about that. Seriously stop acting like everything is about you.

the post is literally directed to me.

It starts with "WydrA,".

Also, the more you post, the more you;re digging a hole and proving my points.

1. I clearly had reason to believe that was directed at me.

2. It applies more to you than me.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#30 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

It's comics so this change won't be around long. Batman still have a broken back? Super Man still made of electricity? Cap America still dead?

No. Even if I read comics nothing to get upset over as Comics change thier minds more often than a germophope OCD man changes socks.

thor is a comic book character and marvel's messy continuity

See Mourns statement here and see my post. . I agreed with what he said reiterating what I said before. I agree comics change so much nothing matters. Nothing to even do with you FFS

Again it's about how comics don't mean jack but paranoid you who thinks everything revolves around you.

I liked for that sentence as I been saying all along about comics. Thor has a twat now get over it.

GJRuRo6.jpg

m1Xl02V.jpg

0fqeVPo.jpg

HzbAF0e.jpg

Peace out. Done with the topic

Edited by Ryudo, 17 July 2014 - 08:00 PM.

#31 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:08 PM

See Mourns statement here and see my post. COMICS DO NOT MEAN JACK SO WHO CARES NO REASON AT ALL WHEN LOOKING FOR IT. So I agreed with what he said reiterating what I said before. I agree comics change so much nothing matters. Nothing to even do with you FFS

Again it's about how comics don't mean jack but paranoid you who thinks everything revolves around you. frack off.

I liked for that sentence as I been saying all along about comics. Thor has a twat now get over it.

m1Xl02V.jpg

0fqeVPo.jpg

HzbAF0e.jpg

Peace out. Done with the topic

I'm not denying that tiny part of the post didn;t line up with what you said, but the fact is the whole post, that part included was aimed at me, and arguing against my view. 

Now what sounds more ridiculous me seeing that the post was aimed 100% at me, and seeing you liked it and proceeded to post what you posted, and thinking it was, therefore, also aimed at me.

or

Seeing that the post was aimed 100% at me, and seeing you liked it and proceeded to post what you posted, thinking "I wonder who's he's referring o. Let's go through the reason;s he could like this by picking apart each point. Ok now let's go and see how if what Ryudo has posted lines up with any of these points. Ok, so that's why he liked it. Guess this post is just aimed at noone, and therefore is completely useless even though Ryudo likes to complain about useless posts all day."

Yeah. If you ask me, the person who expects people to either remember all their posts, or to go and check back all their posts to understand the reason they do things is the one who is actually self absorbed.

Though now looking back, it's quite believable doesn't apply to me. You've shown that you are much more for throwing logic and reason to the wind, because -like a child- you expect everyone to know what's going on inside your brain when you do things like this, or post statuses with ridicules metaphors.

No, I think you did post that in reference to someone. Heck in your last post, you gave the reason yourself;

"If the shoe fits..."

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#32 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

I'm not denying that tiny part of the post didn;t line up with what you said, but the fact is the whole post, that part included was aimed at me, and arguing against my view.
Now what sounds more ridiculous me seeing that the post was aimed 100% at me, and seeing you liked it and proceeded to post what you posted, and thinking it was, therefore, also aimed at me.
or
Seeing that the post was aimed 100% at me, and seeing you liked it and proceeded to post what you posted, thinking "I wonder who's he's referring o. Let's go through the reason;s he could like this by picking apart each point. Ok now let's go and see how if what Ryudo has posted lines up with any of these points. Ok, so that's why he liked it. Guess this post is just aimed at noone, and therefore is completely useless even though Ryudo likes to complain about useless posts all day."
Yeah. If you ask me, the person who expects people to either remember all their posts, or to go and check back all their posts to understand the reason they do things is the one who is actually self absorbed.
Though now looking back, it's quite believable doesn't apply to me. You've shown that you are much more for throwing logic and reason to the wind, because -like a child- you expect everyone to know what's going on inside your brain when you do things like this, or post statuses with ridicules metaphors.
No, I think you did post that in reference to someone. Heck in your last post, you gave the reason yourself;
"If the shoe fits..."

We don't always see eye to eye, but I have to get your back on this.

Not only are your points valid, but the post was aimed at you. It's obvious.

But once an influential person targets you, there are always those who want to join the mob. Lol

Making Thor a girl is lame. She may have his power, but she can keep her own name.

It's a cash grab and a publicity stunt.

Nothing we can do about it. Especially with how snarkey the editor is. They're doing this no matter what.

Hopefully no one buys it and they have to beg forgiveness. Or... Simply make it right. Lol

Edited by Socalmuscle, 17 July 2014 - 08:32 PM.

#33 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

Once again, the hammer doesn't actually say that.

It's the enchantment placed upon the hammer by the dwarves.  This guy wouldn't have gained the powers and Odin wouldn't have mistaken him for Thor if this weren't true.

562276-beta_ray_bill_dougie_braithwaite1

#34 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

So wait... if its a woman Thor, would that make her She-Thor or would that make her Whor........?

..ok Im done now ._.

#35 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:24 AM

It's the enchantment placed upon the hammer by the dwarves.  This guy wouldn't have gained the powers and Odin wouldn't have mistaken him for Thor if this weren't true.

562276-beta_ray_bill_dougie_braithwaite1

Once again, the POWERS, yes, but the name, no. It's not like because this guy tricked Odin his name changed to Thor. That's ridiculous (and useless/unnecessary)

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#36 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

Who else remembers that time Thor was a Frog?

306px-Frogjolnir_001.jpg

#37 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

you are spelling thor wrong. Get rid of the T and add a w on the front and e on the end

Edited by Sorceror12, 18 July 2014 - 09:05 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#38 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

you are spelling thor wrong. Get rid of the T and add a w on the front and e on the end

Mitch beat you to it. Lol

#39 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

Mitch beat you to it. Lol

LOL yeah just saw that. Either way it is funny twice.  :laugh:

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!