• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:28 AM

will this game be on the wiiu or on nintendo next system? what should nintendo do to make it feel lke a new game instead of a remake?

i say the one nintendo should do is keep the "stare".

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

One Mario Kart per console. How it's always been. So next Mario Kart be on whatever the next Nintendo system releases. Handheld or Console. Won't be another on 3DS or WiiU

#3 SamuraiDeity

SamuraiDeity

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

It'lll be the same Mario Kart on the next handheld as the one on the next console. :)

#4 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

I'd say the next one wont be out until the next console or the next handheld

#5 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

Mario Kart 9 will be on the next handheld console.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

Mario Kart 9 will be on the next handheld console.

or both handheld and home... fusion baby???? who knows hehehe

I would safely bet MK8 would be on the next console as well... backwards compatibility.

Edited by Sorceror12, 16 July 2014 - 03:03 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

will this game be on the wiiu or on nintendo next system? what should nintendo do to make it feel lke a new game instead of a remake?

i say the one nintendo should do is keep the "stare".

It wouldn't be a remake.

It'll be on the next handheld, the shift to numbering probably indicates the next handheld will launch the unified nintendo platform.
But I'm just talking out of my heart.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:52 AM

With the way Mario Kart 8 looks, I'm not so much interested in what system, but what gameplay mechanic they'll introduce.  Nintendo never ceases to amaze me with their ability to be creative with their franchises, and they are probably the ONLY developer with the ability to use a long standing franchise to employ a multitude of gameplay mechanics...

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

Enjoy!  :laugh:

#9 SamuraiDeity

SamuraiDeity

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

With the way Mario Kart 8 looks, I'm not so much interested in what system, but what gameplay mechanic they'll introduce.  Nintendo never ceases to amaze me with their ability to be creative with their franchises, and they are probably the ONLY developer with the ability to use a long standing franchise to employ a multitude of gameplay mechanics...

I'm not sure exactly what was so creative about Mario Kart 8 personally. It plays like Mario Kart with a rebalance of the items.

#10 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

My guess is MK9 will be on Nintendo's next handheld/home console and I'll tell you why.

History has shown there's usually one Mario Kart title per Nintendo console sooooooo... since 3ds already has MK7, I think the rumoured Diddy Kong Racing sequel will come out on 3ds and Wii U.

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

I'm not sure exactly what was so creative about Mario Kart 8 personally. It plays like Mario Kart with a rebalance of the items.

Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7 were pretty uninspired and not very well balanced esp MK Wii. Mario Kart 8 doesn't really do anything new but they had some of the best courses they had in the series made a much more balanced game in the controls and such. Still needs work on items tho. Also just looks great.  IMO it's one of the better entries to the series.

#12 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:53 PM

My guess is that you don't play online too much, because the anti-grav among higher ranked players becomes total chaos with the mechanics...

And that's the thing, anti-grav itself isn't innovative, but what made MK8 innovative is how anti-grav allowed the courses to become some of the most dynamic and interesting the series has ever seen.  I hope they never REMOVE anti-grav from a future entry, and that it'll be here to stay.  I WILL say it's hard to appreciate anti-grav when you're playing, but when you watch someone else play so you can look around the screen or spend more time on MKTV, you REALLY start to appreciate what they've done with the track design.  It's the reason I stopped talking about how nice a map editor would be, because I realized no average-minded person is going to create tracks like this, lol

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

#13 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:20 AM

The next Mario Kart should have all Sonic characters.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#14 BananaCheese

BananaCheese

Darknut Dominator

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • NNID:Awesomesocks
  • Fandom:
    Zelda and Animal Crossing

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:28 AM

The next Mario Kart should have all Sonic characters.

Then it wouldn't even be Mario Kart... -_-

Nintendo_Logo-600x200.png 

Nintendo Network ID: Awesomesocks | Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032-1712-2862

PM me if you add me on any of the above.

#15 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:16 AM

Then it wouldn't even be Mario Kart... -_-

Oh but they will be in it. The Sonic characters will race using the Mario characters as karts.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:21 AM

Oh but they will be in it. The Sonic characters will race using the Mario characters as karts.

sonic_2_RE_DERP-s640x553-82293.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#17 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

I thought you meant a versus series like the fighting games, "Mario Kart vs Sonic & Sega All Stars", but then....

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#18 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:05 AM

I thought you meant a versus series like the fighting games, "Mario Kart vs Sonic & Sega All Stars", but then....

That's insane. My idea makes much more sense.

Plus Sonic Racing is too balanced to merge the two games unless it were Sonic Racing Vs Mario Kart, meaning the game is balanced to Sonic Racing level just with Mario characters. That could work.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#19 SamuraiDeity

SamuraiDeity

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:28 PM

My guess is that you don't play online too much, because the anti-grav among higher ranked players becomes total chaos with the mechanics...

And that's the thing, anti-grav itself isn't innovative, but what made MK8 innovative is how anti-grav allowed the courses to become some of the most dynamic and interesting the series has ever seen.  I hope they never REMOVE anti-grav from a future entry, and that it'll be here to stay.  I WILL say it's hard to appreciate anti-grav when you're playing, but when you watch someone else play so you can look around the screen or spend more time on MKTV, you REALLY start to appreciate what they've done with the track design.  It's the reason I stopped talking about how nice a map editor would be, because I realized no average-minded person is going to create tracks like this, lol

Yea not everyone is a high ranked player nor cares for online play. Like I said there are small changes here and there, but nothing incredibly creative, not more so than other developers.

#20 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

Yea not everyone is a high ranked player nor cares for online play. Like I said there are small changes here and there, but nothing incredibly creative, not more so than other developers.

If you don't care for online play, you're missing almost half of what MK8's experience is... And that's the thing, as you rank higher and get placed with higher rank players, you start to recognize how they use every little bit of mechanic the game offers, including some of the most strategic item usage you'll ever see. It's an entirely different ballgame online, I can say wholeheartedly that you're missing out!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!