magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

Damn Peach looks adorable in her official artwork. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#842 HipsAndNips

HipsAndNips

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Fandom:
    Butts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

I miss when you could wake up every morning and get a real Smash Update. 

He who shaves his beard for a woman deserves neither. 

#843 Kirby

Kirby

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft Nintendo

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:38 AM

I hope they reveal Jigglypuff soon. I also had a dream that Ike was coming to ssb4. I was happy.

kirby_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

#844 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:32 AM

So, uh... This just happened.

main.png

Not exactly what I was expecting... In fact, this has completely broken a lot of my speculation and assumed knowledge about how character reveals would work. Oh well. Toon Link was kinda-sorta-maybe cool in Brawl, so, that's something.

#845 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:37 AM

im ready to see who the other 3rd party newcomers are. megman is cool but i want someone more hardcore and unexpected like snake from metal gear solid.

#846 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:56 AM

main.png

THANK GAWD! toon link was like the only character I used in brawl aside from kirby. :3 

#847 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

And to think I was laughed at several places (not this forum IIRC, but still) for suggesting that Toon Link might return, or moreover, that it wasn't inevitable that he wouldn't return. I really thought he should return.

I do have to say his model is perfect. I always thought that Brawl's was strange. While I knew they probably couldn't make the style work perfectly in a game like SSB, I thought Toon Link just didn't look right at all. But here, they proved me wrong and nailed it. He maintains his bright toony look, but doesn't look out of place. I applaud them for doing it right.

However, I look at that moveset, and I'm disappointed once again. Toon Link could have been so much more than a clone. Oh well.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#848 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

Where's Ghirahim guys? ;(

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#849 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

I don't think you guys understand what a clone is. Toon Link had similar moves to Link, but all of them act differently. This is like Mario and Luigi in Brawl: they are semi-clones, so you need completely different play styles. You didn't need one for Mario and Doctor Mario, or Fox and Falco in Melee.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#850 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

I don't think you guys understand what a clone is. Toon Link had similar moves to Link, but all of them act differently. This is like Mario and Luigi in Brawl: they are semi-clones, so you need completely different play styles. You didn't need one for Mario and Doctor Mario, or Fox and Falco in Melee.

Semi-clones do absolutely nothing for me. I'm a "casual" player. I mean, I could very much tell the difference in playstyle between Toon Link and Link, but I was so underwhelmed with him being a clone. I want to see an almost completely different character. I understand some similarities here and there, because they are similar. However, at the very least the special moves should be something different (and I mean completely different, not somewhat different, like the "semi-clones"). There are so many unique movesets for the special moves that they could have come up with out of the games that the Toon Link style has appeared in.

But no... Just make him a "semi-clone". Boring. Sick of this clone/semi-clone nonsense. I can imagine now that Ganondorf will be a clone once again as well. *sigh*

Edited by Envy, 27 September 2013 - 06:26 AM.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#851 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

It would be great if his super smash used the Wind Waker in some significant way.

main.png
Not exactly what I was expecting... In fact, this has completely broken a lot of my speculation and assumed knowledge about how character reveals would work. Oh well. Toon Link was kinda-sorta-maybe cool in Brawl, so, that's something.

This follows my speculation about announcements fairly closely.
The announced Olimar around the release of Pikmin 3, They announce Toon Link on the Japanese release day of WWHD, i think Dixie Kong around tropical freeze, maybe Zelda around A LINK BETWEEN WORLDS. ETC.ETC.
Only time will tell though.

main.png

This follows my speculation about announcements fairly closely.
The announced Olimar around the release of Pikmin 3, They announce Toon Link on the Japanese release day of WWHD, i think Dixie Kong around tropical freeze, maybe Zelda around A LINK BETWEEN WORLDS. ETC.ETC.
Only time will tell though.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#852 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

As much as I hate to admit it, I've pretty much accept the Pac-Man, Mii, and Little Mac supposed leakage.

Where's Ghirahim guys? ;(

The same place where Zant/Midna & Wolf Link was before Brawl came out.

#853 Ramon3MR

Ramon3MR

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

Here are some brand new screenshots for Super Smash Bros. Wii U (10.14.2013)

http://gotgame.com/2...ash-bros-wii-u/

#854 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

So most of my mains are back sans Diddy. Adding Megaman, my mains for this game will be from most used to least:  Luigi, Megaman, Toon Link, Peach and Sonic.

Edited by SDDMN, 23 October 2013 - 10:06 AM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#855 Dr Wario

Dr Wario

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

Diddy is still likely to come back, although he was underwhelming in SSBB.

undOZ4c.png

#856 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:50 PM

Holy crap! I did not see Skull Kid appearing as an AT coming at all! 

#857 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:01 AM

Majora's Mask remake on the horizon. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#858 PandahKat

PandahKat

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

Talking of smash bros I dunno if this is allowed...but I totally downloaded Smash Bros the Lost levels my brain having a derpy moment thinking it was for DS not aying attention and clicking extra fast -my head goes yup yup blah blah blah writing GIMME DEH GAME- cause I had 100 points on my club nintendo account, well 150 to be exact...and I don't have a Wii U....

http://prntscr.com/2eo6ok

So for whoever wants it...who has a WII U..enjoy...At least someone can than benefit from my derp moment.

#859 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

Shulk needs to be in so we can have this:

#860 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

DK Tropical Freeze US Date; Diddy Kong

Yoshi's New Land: Yoshi 

Kirby Triple DDD: Meta Knight 

NES Rom Hax 2: Mr.Game & Watch 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Super, Smash, Bros, Ideas, Paper, Luigi, Paper luigi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!