11 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

JhEPoma.jpg

Edited by Ryudo, 25 July 2014 - 09:42 AM.

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

oh-jesus-christ.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

At least Microsoft and Sony have constant 3rd party support....

Yeah I said it....COME AT ME BREW

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#4 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

This kind of photoshop has been going on for a year where have you been

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

This kind of photoshop has been going on for a year where have you been

Pooping. It hurt. It was a lot of poop.

Edited by Ryudo, 25 July 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#6 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

I think they would add some story to their great games. That's it, if Nintendo were like Sony or Microsoft, they would try to make more games with a deeper narrative. The games would be a very cinematic and try to creat a film like atmosphere while giving the player control.

I think at the end of the day that's what Microsoft and Sony(especially Sony) is aiming at. A balance between story telling and a interactive world and I personally love every bit of it. Now that's not to say Nintendo is doing anything wrong with their approach(even though I would like to see them tackle a game like Uncharted or Gears), it just means that their on their own playing field.

#7 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

I sure do hate it when I buy a Sony branded game and it has all of those logos on the box.

794144.png?13383682

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

I think they would add some story to their great games. That's it, if Nintendo were like Sony or Microsoft, they would try to make more games with a deeper narrative. The games would be a very cinematic and try to creat a film like atmosphere while giving the player control.

I think at the end of the day that's what Microsoft and Sony(especially Sony) is aiming at. A balance between story telling and a interactive world and I personally love every bit of it. Now that's not to say Nintendo is doing anything wrong with their approach(even though I would like to see them tackle a game like Uncharted or Gears), it just means that their on their own playing field.

I guess Metroid universe,Zelda universe,The Last Story,Xenoblade,Pandoras Tower,Fire Emblem,Soma Bringer,Hotel Dusk have no story huh.

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

If thats what they are aiming for they are failing spectacularly.

And then the games you use for examples.

God... I think im going to be sick. Gears? Really? Freaking gears is your deepee narrative?

Writing classes. You need to sign up for soooooooooo many writing classes. Hardcore writing classes.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

Play more Nintendo games besides casual and mario and there you go, a story with a deep narrative

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#11 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

& Knuckles.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#12 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:55 PM

I guess Metroid universe,Zelda universe,The Last Story,Xenoblade,Pandoras Tower,Fire Emblem,Soma Bringer,Hotel Dusk have no story huh.

I actually played most of those games and their fine games but most if Nintendo produced games tend to not fall under those games. They focus in pure gameplay and that's fine by me but I just wish they tried more Last Story than say a Smash or Mario.

If thats what they are aiming for they are failing spectacularly.
And then the games you use for examples.
God... I think im going to be sick. Gears? Really? Freaking gears is your deepee narrative?
Writing classes. You need to sign up for soooooooooo many writing classes. Hardcore writing classes.

I mentioned Gears simply because of it's look and tone, it's gameplay. It does not have a deep Narrative but it's the prefect example of a game that doesn't focus on plot but rather gameplay, yet it tries hard enough that the plot still matters.

I've always said Nintendo can add story or plot to most of their games, even if is as small as Gears. One example of this was Luigis Mansion on the 3ds, very small tidbits of story/plot and the game became more engaging to me. It's a matter of balance but if one will take over I'd still prefer a little something from the other(Story or Gameplay).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!