Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

Platinum Games are doing an amazing job with this. Game is going to be great.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

Yep no way that can run on the Wii U.

#3 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:15 PM

This looks great and I haven't even seen the Korra series yet. Why does Activision have to be invloved though... PG and Nick show, it seems the right fit for Nintendo more than Xbox or w.e. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#4 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

Really, I don't quite like it. I know it is set between season 2 & 3 but why the frick is korra fighting benders in equalist outfits and how about that Temple Run segment, what's up with that? Maybe I'm expecting too much from this €15 download game

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

Still not even really sure what Korra is. Some kids show is all I know. The game looks not to shabby in boss fights and average at others gameplay wise. Doesn't look like PG's best work but not expecting it to be. I'm  a massive Platinum Games fan buy just about anything but maybe not this. This feels more like it's made to pay some bills and help other more serious projects.

#6 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

Still not even really sure what Korra is. Some kids show is all I know. The game looks not to shabby in boss fights and average at others gameplay wise. Doesn't look like PG's best work but not expecting it to be. I'm  a massive Platinum Games fan buy just about anything but maybe not this. This feels more like it's made to pay some bills and help other more serious projects.

The legend of Korra is the sequel/spiritual succesor to Avatar The Last Airbender. Korra is the latest incarnation of the Avatar, during the first series she's still learning to understand air and the spirtual connection it has. This is problemetic for her as she is a fighter with an affinity for going in head first. Besides that she's trying to stop a revolution within Replubic City, ulitmatly losing her bending.

In the second series the revolution has ben halted but a new evil arises. Her uncle asks her help in dealing with bad spirits wrecking havoc. Now having a more profound connection with the spirits she's trying the best she can but underestamates their powers. While out she comes in contact with the very first avatar and learns of her herritage, just in time to realize the danger the world is in and what her uncle has planned.

Then the third series is focused around the change that has been brought upon the world and the rise of new airbenders. In their search for these airbenders she's being tracked by a group of highest security escapees. This group of four has bending abilities far beyond a normal bender. Right now we're half way through and the series has moved to digital only releases for the remaing season.

But yea the game takes place between series two and three and probably is it's own standalone story, one which will have nothing to do with the cartoon itself.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

I never even saw Avatar. After my time man lol

Edited by Ryudo, 26 July 2014 - 03:56 PM.

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

looks good enough as an action game. Source material looks to be pretty lame and holding the game down.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

This looks great and I haven't even seen the Korra series yet. Why does Activision have to be invloved though... PG and Nick show, it seems the right fit for Nintendo more than Xbox or w.e.

Because Activision is practically Nickelodeon's publisher now that THQ no longer exists.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#10 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:26 PM

Because Activision is practically Nickelodeon's publisher now that THQ no longer exists.

Figured that, tis is sad. I personally feel their wasting money and time developing for the Xbox 360/Xbox One, or atleast the One over the Wii U. But whatever. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#11 genev

genev

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of zelda,final fantasy,pokemon

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

It would be so cool if it was in the wii u. It could totally take advantage of motion controls and the gamepad. Now I have to buy it on pc :/

'' It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong.''

Voltaire

#12 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

Yep no way that can run on the Wii U.

yep this game is just too detailed

#13 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

looks good enough as an action game. Source material looks to be pretty lame and holding the game down.

I don't really think it's the source material that's holding back the game, and more like budgeting issues. Most straight to digital games suffer from this.

Still, it's pretty cool that we're getting licensed games from renowned studio now. Hope this becomes a trend.

Edited by Miss Understanding, 02 August 2014 - 11:00 AM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#14 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

Still, it's pretty cool that we're getting licensed games from renowned studio now. Hope this becomes a trend.

It's nothing new. Wayforward has with Ducktales last year. Capcom used to do it all the time in the 16 bit  era. Just make good licensed games. Some were fantastic. Namco doing good with One Piece. Rocksteady with Batman. 90's saw a lot of good RPG's based on anime's.  Cyberconnect 2 with Naturo and Jojo's Bizzare Adventure.

It's more common than you think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!