Photo

FPS is going to be allot more common once the WiiU comes out...

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:32 AM

Well I think that we all know that the FPS genre will be very common on the WiiU. I dont think that I am getting one. But what do you think? I dont think that it will be as nearly as bad as the PS3 and its FPS's but also would you even get one? If I had the choice to get one I think that I would get Metro: Last Light . It looks like the only FPS that isnt just "Shoot em up!" Well what do ya think?!

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

I will probably get a couple like Metro Last light and I hoping for them for a sequel to Mirror's Edge (it is actually a first person platfomer)
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 Zeuzio

Zeuzio

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:53 AM

I'm not a huge fan of FPS games, but I'm glad they'll be there for those who are.

It's not just FPS game that will be more common, though. Hopefully many other third party games make it on Wii U as well! (Elder Scrolls, plz)

#4 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:38 AM

i would get battlefield 4, but thats pretty much it, oh and killer freaks if you count that, (looks epic!!)
Posted Image

#5 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:58 AM

Killer Freaks looks OK. I dont like the FPS genre too much so I am probubly not going to get it. Plus my parents dont like me playing M games :P. well that kinda destroys my chances of getting Metro. :(

Posted Image

#6 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

If one of those shooters is a Metroid Prime Online, than I have no problem with it. :P
Posted Image

#7 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

If one of those shooters is a Metroid Prime Online, than I have no problem with it. :P

THAT WOULD BE SOOOOOO FREAKIN AWESOME!!!

Posted Image

#8 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

You mean it isn't already flooding the market? ~guesses that about 50 different FPS games came out this year alone~

Honestly, I do like my FPS, but I like the more original ones...like Goldeneye or The Conduit. None of this CoD or Battlefield crap that releases one game per year with little to no improvements. {FlameShieldV9.3.1 [ON] OFF} I wouldn't say that the FPS genre is going to increase even more just because of the Wii U. It'll probably increase regardless.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#9 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

Maybe if they were original exclusives and not cod shovelware. Let's return to the roots where games were original

Posted Image

#10 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

Well what I meant was Nintendo doesnt have too many FPS games! Take a look. Now I think that the WiiU is going to have quite a few FPS games on the thing. I like them to a certain point, I just hate those "Kill em all!!!" games.

Posted Image

#11 The Video Gamer

The Video Gamer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

Well what I meant was Nintendo doesnt have too many FPS games! Take a look. Now I think that the WiiU is going to have quite a few FPS games on the thing. I like them to a certain point, I just hate those "Kill em all!!!" games.

Even though the FPS genre may not be your type of thing we still need the audience these games bring in. And I'm personally looking forward to them along with any other hardcore third-party games not just FPS'.

#12 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

Personally, I'm not a fan of most FPS. I still play Halflife series,Halo, and bioshock. These are the only series that I actually enjoy that are FPS

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#13 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

Even though the FPS genre may not be your type of thing we still need the audience these games bring in. And I'm personally looking forward to them along with any other hardcore third-party games not just FPS'.

I never said I dont like them I actually like them it is just that games like CoD or Battlefield are just unoriginal. Those are the only ones that I dont really like. I also think that the more Nintendo has then the more the system will sell. I just hope that they dont end up like Sony or Microsoft and make 80% of their games FPS because that would be like a slap in the face to me. I dont hate them nor do I love them. Some are great some are just horrible.

Posted Image

#14 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

i dont see where battlefield got the reputation of unoriginal from, i'm not a massive fan, i didn't even buy battlefield 3, but i think its quite original, and its certainly not milked, they release a battlefield every few years not every year. there are always significant changes made from one game to the next
Posted Image

#15 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

Exactly Battlefield is fine. It's a good game and people aren't THAT annoying about it. Call of duty on the other hand is chaos 70 % of there fans are dum***es. Call of duty isn't that original.The poster above me is very right Battlefield does not come out as much as Cod games come out.

#16 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

Exactly Battlefield is fine. It's a good game and people aren't THAT annoying about it. Call of duty on the other hand is chaos 70 % of there fans are dum***es. Call of duty isn't that original.The poster above me is very right Battlefield does not come out as much as Cod games come out.

thx bro ;)
Posted Image

#17 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

What you mean is that COD is filled with a bunch of 10 year olds who thinks its cool to cuss

Posted Image

#18 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:59 PM

What you mean is that COD is filled with a bunch of 10 year olds who thinks its cool to cuss

LOL EXACTLY!

thx bro ;)

Your welcome, you just made a very true post and I agree with you. :D

#19 Turboblaze

Turboblaze

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, MLP: FiM

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:55 PM

As long as IR/Wiimote controls are well-supported, a lot of FPS on Wii U would be a very good thing to me. :D

#20 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:40 AM

Call of Duty only sucks because the creators fail really badly at making any effort to consistent team play. Through all it's themes and gameplay setups, it's really just a solo performance. I'm sure if they made an effort to get some stronger elements of team work in there, it would be much better and you wouldn't have so many frustrated online gamers on it. Their frustration is coming from being made to believe team play is involved, but there really isn't, and so the empty blame stockpiles in the millions.

The only decent mode that works in CoD is 'Free for All' really. It really is the only thing that works with it's setup. I mean, the game is basically asking you to be a superhuman soldier. Anyway, I've given up on the franchise, giving a pass to the last two installments of Modern Warfare.

At least in Battlefield, there are better elements in the teamwork. I haven't played 3, but I do have Bad Company 2. At least you can pick objectives to tell other team mates, and there are a lot of team items like Ammo and Med Kits, Motion sensor to detect enemies and the engineer tool to fixed damage vehicles. You get chucked into squads, which already gives that team feel. I think what makes it work is that there is a very distinct frontline in what is happening, and there are no free for all modes.

I certainly haven't seen any other game that can do this without the use of a headset, so don't go saying it's that unoriginal. It actually feels like a war game. As for CoD, I can easily say it ripped of Quake III Arena.

Ghost Recon Online isn't an FPS per se, obviously it would be dabbled into with ADS functions. But the guys making it really want to put that big emphasis on 'teamplay is better than solo play'. It will be a day one purchase for me, if I ever get around the Carbon Tax.

Regardless of hate or love, the Wii U will benefit from having FPS, every single cheesy mainstream one that can be thrown at it. Anything that goes to the success of the Wii U is a win to me.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!