#1 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

so we all know that pokemon has been going on for soo many generations now that its ridiculous (in a good way). and the amount of pokemon that has been created is huge as well, so big that they seem to be running out of ideas for new pokemon.

anyway my question is, how do you think the future of pokemon will pan out, they cant just keep on creating more and more pokemon can they? are black and white the end? is pokemon going to come to an end? i hope not, what do you think they possibly could and will do in the future to keep pokemon alive?
Posted Image

#2 The Video Gamer

The Video Gamer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:27 AM

Re-use the same animals and ideas for the Pokemon I guess. It makes to much money to finish it.

#3 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

Well,being the resident pokefreak, I think it's only fair to state what I think will happen in the future of pokemon. Something that many people seem to forget is that Black/White both were advertised as a new beginning. This, along with various evidence leads me to believe that Gen V is as close to fully fledged reboot that we will get from the series. for those of you who haven't played, Gen V takes place in Unova, an completely isolated region of the Pokemon world. Until you beat the primary story, you can not catch Pokemon from other regions. This symbolizes that the game was meant to be a new game entirely underneath the Pokemon umbrella. Another fact that supports this is that Gen V takes place several years after the events of the previous generations (This is evidenced by how a former member of Team Rocket now has a family in the Unova region), and it was obvious that this was GameFreak's attempt to, for lack of a better term, reintroduce/reboot Pokemon to a new generation by creating a game that is still inside the primary world that they had built, but yet isolated enough that new fans could pick up and play without having to concern themselves beyond the Unova region if they want to. The final fact that proves that, at least as far as I'm concerned, that Gen V-VI will not have remakes, is that in the offical Pokemon Tournaments that the Pokemon company hosts, that every team for last years entry was only allowed to have Pokemon from Unova.

As for the future,we can make logical guess about what will occur. First piece of evidence about the future of pokemon games is simple. In June, Nintendo released Pokedex 3D, which featured fully 3D models. From this, we can assume two things, the first of which is that the next pokemon game will be on the 3DS, while the second is that it will feature fully 3D sprites for the pokemon. Another assumption that we can make about the future of Pokemon is that it will involve my namesake as a character at some point in the future, as after the story has been completed in B/W, you learn that N has been spotted in a faraway land.

As for Them reusing pokemon designs, I will state that while the general idea is the same between Woobat and Zubat, the two are different enough to prevent confusion. I believe that pokemon could truly be able to exist as long as they keep the designs between generations different enough. If they ever run dry, I'm certain that they could take inspiration from the various different wildlife that exists outside of japan. I would enjoy a pokemon game that features a pokemon models/inspiration from Australia.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents :P

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#4 Rattle

Rattle

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Halo, Mario

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

I think they should make a pokemon mmorpg because there is a large amount of pokemon.

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

Well,being the resident pokefreak, I think it's only fair to state what I think will happen in the future of pokemon. Something that many people seem to forget is that Black/White both were advertised as a new beginning. This, along with various evidence leads me to believe that Gen V is as close to fully fledged reboot that we will get from the series. for those of you who haven't played, Gen V takes place in Unova, an completely isolated region of the Pokemon world. Until you beat the primary story, you can not catch Pokemon from other regions. This symbolizes that the game was meant to be a new game entirely underneath the Pokemon umbrella. Another fact that supports this is that Gen V takes place several years after the events of the previous generations (This is evidenced by how a former member of Team Rocket now has a family in the Unova region), and it was obvious that this was GameFreak's attempt to, for lack of a better term, reintroduce/reboot Pokemon to a new generation by creating a game that is still inside the primary world that they had built, but yet isolated enough that new fans could pick up and play without having to concern themselves beyond the Unova region if they want to. The final fact that proves that, at least as far as I'm concerned, that Gen V-VI will not have remakes, is that in the offical Pokemon Tournaments that the Pokemon company hosts, that every team for last years entry was only allowed to have Pokemon from Unova.

As for the future,we can make logical guess about what will occur. First piece of evidence about the future of pokemon games is simple. In June, Nintendo released Pokedex 3D, which featured fully 3D models. From this, we can assume two things, the first of which is that the next pokemon game will be on the 3DS, while the second is that it will feature fully 3D sprites for the pokemon. Another assumption that we can make about the future of Pokemon is that it will involve my namesake as a character at some point in the future, as after the story has been completed in B/W, you learn that N has been spotted in a faraway land.

As for Them reusing pokemon designs, I will state that while the general idea is the same between Woobat and Zubat, the two are different enough to prevent confusion. I believe that pokemon could truly be able to exist as long as they keep the designs between generations different enough. If they ever run dry, I'm certain that they could take inspiration from the various different wildlife that exists outside of japan. I would enjoy a pokemon game that features a pokemon models/inspiration from Australia.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents :P

wow, beastly reply :P but i unfortunately havent got round to picking up white/black yet so i didn't know a lot of what you said, so thx for clearing that up. i think you're right that the next game will be 3D on the 3DS but my question is what will the gameplay be like? will it be just another game like black and diamond and ruby and gold and blue etc or will it be a whole new type of pokemon game? because for it to be like all the rest, they would need a whole new generation of pokemon which i think its too soon for, i think they should make something different with the same pokemon from black/white.

I think they should make a pokemon mmorpg because there is a large amount of pokemon.

thats genious, i want it now!! :P
Posted Image

#6 SuperSaiyanGohan

SuperSaiyanGohan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pkmn, CoD, and SSB

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

I think/hop they will make more games similar to xd, with the awesome graphics and pokemon moves combined with the search for wild pokemon like in black/white. And hopefully they will make a really good one for the wii u
Pokemon black and white two is going to be awesome! Cannot wait at all to buy them!
Bronies Unite! Yay the world!
Gravity it is not just a good idea it is the law!
Is the proof really in the pudding? Really?
Aliens are real! Just ask the leprechauns!

#7 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

"All the Pokemon are under the control of evil people, and you use a multi-move weapon to fight back. It will be an Action Adventure, and it will never be made."

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#8 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

That's not a good reason to make an MMORPG. I can't really see a Pokemon MMO being a major game, as several gamers just want to play Pokemon by themselves, except for trading. Also, they'd have to significantly rewrite everything about Pokemon in order to do an MMORPG

wow, beastly reply :P but i unfortunately havent got round to picking up white/black yet so i didn't know a lot of what you said, so thx for clearing that up. i think you're right that the next game will be 3D on the 3DS but my question is what will the gameplay be like? will it be just another game like black and diamond and ruby and gold and blue etc or will it be a whole new type of pokemon game? because for it to be like all the rest, they would need a whole new generation of pokemon which i think its too soon for, i think they should make something different with the same pokemon from black/white.

If I had to make a guess, I'd guess that most likely, it will be the same traditional Pokemon formula in 3D. They may change a few things, but the underlying idea will be the same. the best example is diamond-White, where they change small things, but then they keep the underlying mechanics.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

#9 Two-Tailed Link!

Two-Tailed Link!

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic,Mario,Pokemon,Zelda,Kid Icarus

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:20 AM

Pokemon MMORPG! Play as a Pokemon or Trainer! :D This would be awesome! Pokemons: You can be caught by other trainers! Trainers: You can catch pokemons and trap them inside the pokeball so they can't go out anymore and bought the game for nothing!
For Pokemon "Grey/Gray" they should change the story of Black and White and not just the same with additional stuff. Like "What happens AFTER B&W"
KID ICARUS UPRISING FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:48 AM

Lol, I like this:
Posted Image

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

I hope this:

They will create more pokemon like two more genenerations and then they are going to release a mmorpg where you create a your own trainer and start your own adventure. There would be all the regions (plus some extras) and you would be able to select which one you came from and it is in full 3D third person. Released on both "4DS", the Wii Next, PS4 and the next psp so that it's a big community.
You can become a villian if you want to and even start your own leage like team rocket or something and people would be able to join. Or you can focus on being a real pokemon master cause there would be events that you can participate in and a ranking system. And a ranking system for the teams (team rocket and such) You can travel in the pokeworld with others online just like in the anime (ash, brock you know..) If you are the highest rank then you would be able to level your pokemon up to level 150. A lot of mysteries would be there also. Legenday pokemon, special items that is hidden in the big poke world. If you are a really high rank you can also become a gym leader or a elite four champion. But that is really hard.
Well this is what I really hope for. I sure that hardcore players that think pokemon is kiddy now would play it :)

Edited by Hinkik, 03 January 2012 - 09:29 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#12 Two-Tailed Link!

Two-Tailed Link!

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic,Mario,Pokemon,Zelda,Kid Icarus

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:02 AM

Released on both "4DS", the Wii Next so that it's a big community.

Here I fixed that! Pokemon Will never be on PS or Xbox!
KID ICARUS UPRISING FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

Here I fixed that! Pokemon Will never be on PS or Xbox!

Well maybe but I hope that it gets released for them cause of the better graphics.

28gxdv8.png

#14 SuperSaiyanGohan

SuperSaiyanGohan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pkmn, CoD, and SSB

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

Once the wii u comes out there will be no such this as "better graphis"
Pokemon black and white two is going to be awesome! Cannot wait at all to buy them!
Bronies Unite! Yay the world!
Gravity it is not just a good idea it is the law!
Is the proof really in the pudding? Really?
Aliens are real! Just ask the leprechauns!

#15 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

On WII U games I put a thread name "Pokemon WiiU" read that and see if you like it.
http://thewiiu.com/t...6-pokemon-wiiu/

Edited by Sportsgamer, 27 February 2012 - 06:40 PM.

#16 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:34 AM

I think the Pokemon series is big enough for an MMO. We have more than 7 regions( Including Spinoffs region) More than 600 pokemons, 40 Gym Leaders( Excluding spinoffs, which i dont think have gym leaders.) Players can be Gym Leaders if the old gym leader retires or gets fired.
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

So I think you will be able to create your own character in a 3rd person camera view game. With the features of Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, etc.
But I want the textures to be realistic on WiiU but the pokemon not to be.

#18 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

Okay, so I think I've nailed down the major things everyone wants for the future of pokemon:
Customization of DQIX, Art style Ala Pokedex 3D/Cellshaded with realistic scenery, Gameplay of B/W, and sound of Something good. Anything else to add?

#19 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

Gym Maker.

Make your own gym.

AuzzieWingman.png

#20 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

Okay, so I think I've nailed down the major things everyone wants for the future of pokemon:
Customization of DQIX, Art style Ala Pokedex 3D/Cellshaded with realistic scenery, Gameplay of B/W, and sound of Something good. Anything else to add?

Add in the shadow Pokemon system from the GameCube games, while having a wild pokemon system a bit closer to the main series games (we are talking Pokemon on Wii U, right?)
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pokemon, future, next pokemon game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!