Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:26 AM

Probably over the next few weeks. .... I hope. Really looking forward to some shots with the cars on track.

Yes! Cars on the track is what we really need to see.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#62 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:01 PM

Yes! Cars on the track is what we really need to see.

Yep. Of course a video would be nice.. but I would settle for seeing the cars on the track in mid race. I want to see how the scenery/ environments we have been show thus far mix with their car design.

Here is a compilation of tweets from shinen regarding tech used for the game.

Yeah, streets took a lot of resolution. Tho biggest textures are used for the shadows.

60fps (with minimal dips here and there that we try to iron out)

Cinematic Tonemapping, Motionblur, SSAO, HDR Bloom, Atmospheric Scattering, Godrays etc

Smoke and mirrors all over the place, otherwise we would be at 20fps.

No, we use realtime soft shadows. So we can have dynamic weather and the games size is much smaller.

(TOD feature) It's realtime. As a race is just a few minutes there are not much visible changes, beside some clouds moving.

SSAO is by definition dynamic, tho it's (almost) impossible to get working in 60fps ;) Technically: Every console is outdated

Edited by Sorceror12, 02 October 2014 - 04:02 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#63 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:13 PM

Smoke and mirrors all over the place, otherwise we would be at 20fps.

While almost all games have tricks like this, it's Shin'en's smoke and mirrors that really make them stand out graphically. There's a reason why they're able to get amazing looking games running on low powered hardware, and this is it.

I'd love a demonstration of some of these tricks, as they're really interesting.

bi5tzqg.gif

#64 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:57 AM

This Game is a good proof that Wii U is not underpowered. This game is also a proof that if developers are skilled enough; they can develop beautifull games. Am looking up to buy this game insha allah.

#65 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:46 AM

This Game is a good proof that Wii U is not underpowered. This game is also a proof that if developers are skilled enough; they can develop beautifull games. Am looking up to buy this game insha allah.

Let just enjoy Wii U for what it is. We just need gameplay now. Let's stop with the crazy need to try and prove Wii U is not underpowered. Mainstream gaming has made up their mind on what Wii U is.

#66 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:36 PM

Let just enjoy Wii U for what it is. We just need gameplay now. Let's stop with the crazy need to try and prove Wii U is not underpowered. Mainstream gaming has made up their mind on what Wii U is.

AMEN!!! The Wii U is fine for what it is...Nintendo games in full HD resolution!!! Let the fools still thing that the Wii U has "only 160 SPU"  and has less GFLOPS than the X360. The trolls will never see how good of a system it really is.  I for one have been enjoying Mario 3D World, MK8, W101, Pikmin 3, ZombieU (yes ZombieU), Child of Light, Rayman Legends, Trine 2 etc.  I am looking forward to picking up Bayo 2 , Hyrule Warriors, Smash, and Captain Toad.

Edited by DarkMagician77, 03 October 2014 - 11:42 PM.

#67 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:29 AM

Oh, man, judging from that screenshot a few weeks ago and what Shin did on the Wii, I can tell this is gonna be a real treat.

#68 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:14 PM

AMEN!!! The Wii U is fine for what it is...Nintendo games in full HD resolution!!! Let the fools still thing that the Wii U has "only 160 SPU"  and has less GFLOPS than the X360. The trolls will never see how good of a system it really is.  I for one have been enjoying Mario 3D World, MK8, W101, Pikmin 3, ZombieU (yes ZombieU), Child of Light, Rayman Legends, Trine 2 etc.  I am looking forward to picking up Bayo 2 , Hyrule Warriors, Smash, and Captain Toad.

Im not sure if your saying its not that big of a deal, or trying to say that the Wii U doesnt have a 160 SPU GPU?  Its been pretty well proven that the 160 SPU theory is more than likely accurate.  All you need to do is look at the AMD HD6450, a 160spu GPU with 8 texture units and 4 rops (Wii U's GPU supposedly has 8 ROPS), but overall is very close to the Wii U's suggested specs, and as you can see from testing done, it can outclass the 360/PS3, and thats in the PC environment.  Take a look at this if your skeptical.

http://www.techpower..._Passive/9.html

People, and I am no exception got to hung up on the "flops" performance of the GPU.  The majority of developers gave positive reaction to the GPU and memory, it was the CPU that gave them some fits.  Time constraints and cruddy dev kits and support from Nintendo is what caused the underwhelming performance with the early ports, and then the low sales of Wii U resulted in publishers devoting very little resources to the Wii U ports.  Imagine if all the early ports had been as good as Need For Speed MW and Bayonetta, the perception of Wii U might be a bit different throughout the industry.

#69 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:33 PM

Im not sure if your saying its not that big of a deal, or trying to say that the Wii U doesnt have a 160 SPU GPU?  Its been pretty well proven that the 160 SPU theory is more than likely accurate.  All you need to do is look at the AMD HD6450, a 160spu GPU with 8 texture units and 4 rops (Wii U's GPU supposedly has 8 ROPS), but overall is very close to the Wii U's suggested specs, and as you can see from testing done, it can outclass the 360/PS3, and thats in the PC environment.  Take a look at this if your skeptical.

People, and I am no exception got to hung up on the "flops" performance of the GPU.  The majority of developers gave positive reaction to the GPU and memory, it was the CPU that gave them some fits.  Time constraints and cruddy dev kits and support from Nintendo is what caused the underwhelming performance with the early ports, and then the low sales of Wii U resulted in publishers devoting very little resources to the Wii U ports.  Imagine if all the early ports had been as good as Need For Speed MW and Bayonetta, the perception of Wii U might be a bit different throughout the industry.

Great post. And imagine if alien colonial Marines actually came out on Wii u and the game was polished graphically like everyone was led to believe. Some factors early on were missteps by Nintendo but the Wii u had to get passed the brunt of that crap storm too which didn't help the Wii u's image in the market.
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#70 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:47 PM

This is a much better source for the Wii U's Latte GPU:  http://www.techpower.../wii-u-gpu.html showing that it is indeed a step up from the very capable Xenos GPU http://www.techpower...-360-gpu.html.  The Latte is most probably derieved from the Evergreen GPU 5550 that was released nearly 3 years before the Latte went into production and not an AMD HD 4xxx because of power consumption and the Latte showing the capablity for DX11 equivalent effects. http://www.cinemable...ii-U-58370.html http://www.nintengen...-wii-u-gpu.html http://www.cinemable...hics-47126.html

Anyways here is a few more things that might help enlighten about the possible Wii U GPU:

http://www.extremete...-ibmamd-cpu-gpu

http://www.amd.com/e...ktop/5000/5550#

http://en.wikipedia...._5xxx.29_Series

The Wii U GPU is most definitely not in the same area code in terms of raw power compared to PS4/X1 but it is still a very capable GPU. It along with Nintendo's artistic style is going to be enough to create some of the most beautiful looking games this generation.

captain-toad-treasure-tracker-7.jpgYoshis_Wooly_World_Wii_U__10_-gamezone.j2000540436.jpeg

#71 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:34 PM

Sorry, but no.  Pointing to the good looking Nintendo first party games only prove Nintendo has talented artist and programmers.  The HD5550 can run Batman Arkham City in 1080p native, and hold a framerate well above 30 fps.  Wii U struggled to run it at 30fps in 720p native.  I dont argue that these ports werent properly optimized for Wii U, but PC games arent optimized either.  A PC with the same specs as a console should never outclass it.  Ignoring game performance, some pretty educated people wete able to actually count the registers, and there were only enough for 160 spu's.  So the two scenarios we have is that either Wii U's GPU is a close match to the HD6450, even power draw supports this, or its close to the HD5550 but for some reason severely underperforms.  The HD5550 can run ever single multi plat far better on PC than the Wii U runs them.  It would actually support the idea of incompetance if Nintendo built a console that is less than the sum of its parts.  

#72 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:56 PM

A PC with the same specs as a console should never outclass it.

Just another reason why this game was so badly optimised. There's no way Nintendo's to blame for this unicorn tongue.

bi5tzqg.gif

#73 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:58 AM

Goodtwin posted:

Sorry, but no.  Pointing to the good looking Nintendo first party games only prove Nintendo has talented artist and programmers.  The HD5550 can run Batman Arkham City in 1080p native, and hold a framerate well above 30 fps.  Wii U struggled to run it at 30fps in 720p native.  I dont argue that these ports werent properly optimized for Wii U, but PC games arent optimized either.  A PC with the same specs as a console should never outclass it.  Ignoring game performance, some pretty educated people wete able to actually count the registers, and there were only enough for 160 spu's.  So the two scenarios we have is that either Wii U's GPU is a close match to the HD6450, even power draw supports this, or its close to the HD5550 but for some reason severely underperforms.  The HD5550 can run ever single multi plat far better on PC than the Wii U runs them.  It would actually support the idea of incompetance if Nintendo built a console that is less than the sum of its parts.  

I posted:

We will just have to agree to disagree as many have already proven (check the links) that the Wii U GPU has 320 SPU's.http://www.techpower.../wii-u-gpu.html   http://www.eurogamer...inally-revealed . Only a few crackpots according to some in Gaf, Eurogamer, Beyond 3D, VGC are undercounting the SPU's for their demented pleasure; and believe that the SPUs are 160 Anyways, I'll stick to what I see instead of all that technical jargon which in the end of the day means null to enjoying beatiful Nintendo software.

Edited by DarkMagician77, 17 October 2014 - 01:05 AM.

#74 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:07 AM

Without getting into a technical jargin match here are my thoughts. The Wii U is and was built by Nintendo to be a 720p 60fps machine. That is what it is at its core. Obviously a lot goes into the engine, skills, knowledge of hardware, and time of the development to get more out of a machine. Nintendo made a mistake with the launch and release of information for Wii U. They shouldd have just came out and said we developed this machine to give you the best looking graphics in Native 720p and gameplay at 60fps. They didnt even have to release specs if that was the case everyone would have known what the machine could do. Also that would have let us know that when developers give us less than native 720p games and less than 60fps that they did not take advantage of the hardware (term you guys love "lazy devs").

Edited by GAMER1984, 17 October 2014 - 03:07 AM.

#75 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:50 AM

Without getting into a technical jargin match here are my thoughts. The Wii U is and was built by Nintendo to be a 720p 60fps machine.

If you won't get into technical jargin then your thoughts are worthless when you been told by 3dude and others it can do 1080P just fine.

Seriously stop. Stop talking. Jesus are you the new Mahmood? Negative Nancy.

Edited by Ryudo, 17 October 2014 - 07:50 AM.

#76 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:00 AM

Without getting into a technical jargin match here are my thoughts. The Wii U is and was built by Nintendo to be a 720p 60fps machine. That is what it is at its core. Obviously a lot goes into the engine, skills, knowledge of hardware, and time of the development to get more out of a machine. Nintendo made a mistake with the launch and release of information for Wii U. They shouldd have just came out and said we developed this machine to give you the best looking graphics in Native 720p and gameplay at 60fps. They didnt even have to release specs if that was the case everyone would have known what the machine could do. Also that would have let us know that when developers give us less than native 720p games and less than 60fps that they did not take advantage of the hardware (term you guys love "lazy devs").

Why would a company ever say that their machine is limited to 720p? Especially when it's possible people could eventually get it to run 1080, and it can be upscaled to 1080. I don't know a lot about tech, but I know thats bad business

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#77 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 October 2014 - 11:34 AM

Why would a company ever say that their machine is limited to 720p? Especially when it's possible people could eventually get it to run 1080, and it can be upscaled to 1080. I don't know a lot about tech, but I know thats bad business

ok well lets look at their alternatives. say yes this machine can run 1080p like the others.... AND then no one decides to make 1080p games for the machine even your own internal developers arent making 1080p games so what does that do for you? The other alternative is say nothing which they pretty much did in the big skim of things. They had that Iwata ask about the hardware which was informative but in a Nintendo kind of way... you know give you just enough info without giving you anything. Iwata also had an interview with IGN which he stated that at launch developers were using about 50% of what was available on Wii U and they needed time like the other machines (ps360) to properly optimize. those things are fine but if they really wanted people to know what the machine could do spec wise then they should have said somethng at a trade show like E3 or somethng when the whole gaming world is wathcing.

If you won't get into technical jargin then your thoughts are worthless when you been told by 3dude and others it can do 1080P just fine.

Seriously stop. Stop talking. Jesus are you the new Mahmood? Negative Nancy.

No seriously you stop. I know you are not my biggest fan but you have to take your own advice. If you were listening to what 3dude said you would have seen that he said there are limitations to reaching 1080p on Wii U. Seriously if Wii U was this 1080p machine why the hell are people not making the majority of their games 1080p for it? Not every single dev can be called a lazy dev right... Is Shin'en lazy because their games are not 1080p? Like all of shin'en gmaes are 720p and we know they are MASTERS at getting the most out of hardware. You want to paint me and my words in a bad light so bad you did not understand what I said was not a diss on the Wii U. Its a 720p machine not that it can ONLY run at highest maximum resolution of 720p... but that it is BEST SUITED for 720 getting the effects you want and achieving 60fps and there is NOTHING wrong with that.

#78 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 11:41 AM

See you just assume. When you assume you make an ass of yourself. The facts are the specs can do 1080P. Also the facts are Nintendo said they were new to HD development and require help. Nintendo is dipping more and more into the HD pool as time goes on,so more will come as we go on. As said many times before Wii U is NOT a PC. Wii U is a console. PS4 and XBO are PC's so they will not be getting better as time goes on. They are showing everything they have right now. Wii U as a console over time game get better looking. If anyone doubts Wii U after Zelda U then they are morons. If anyone thinks that ws pre-rendered they need glasses..and are also morons. BTW unlike screens of MK8 and 3Dworld and Bayo2 which were 720P screenshots. Zelda U is 1080P screenshots. Does not confirm it's 1080P but it's the only game they revealed 1080P screens so far I think.

Edited by Ryudo, 17 October 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#79 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 October 2014 - 11:48 AM

See you just assume. When you assume you make an ass of yourself. The facts are the specs can do 1080P. Also the facts are Nintendo said they were new to HD development and require help. Nintendo is dipping more and more into the HD pool as time goes on,so more will come as we go on. As said many times before Wii U is NOT a PC. Wii U is a console. PS4 and XBO are PC's so they will not be getting better as time goes on. They are showing everything they have right now. Wii U as a console over time game get better looking. If anyone doubts Wii U after Zelda U then they are morons. If anyone thinks that ws pre-rendered they need glasses..and are also morons. BTW unlike screens of MK8 and 3Dworld and Bayo2 which were 720P screenshots. Zelda U is 1080P screenshots. Does not confirm it's 1080P but it's the only game they revealed 1080P screens so far I think.

Guess what the first screenshot released for Fast racing neo was.... 1080p. anyway I just do not have the energy. I hope you are right we will see nothing 2014 maybe 2015 is the year of 1080p on Wii U. I hope you are right you won the discussion. you are right

#80 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 11:53 AM

I'm sorry but I was not aware Shin'en is Nintendo.

MK8 screens from Nintendo were 720P so was 3Dworld but people and gaming media assumed 1080P. Zelda U screens don't confirm it just lead one speculate that it might be.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!