#101 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:03 AM

Xbox One isn't optimised for Xbox One. If you hadn't noticed, almost all games run worse on the One than the PS4 due to a POWER difference, not optimisation. You can claim optimisation if the console is more powerful and still running the games worse (like the Wii U vs PS360 thing), but if the power difference actually exists then it's hard to call it an optimisation problem.

1. The equivillant of xbox one GPU on pc can run crysis 3 at very high at 720p and maintain 25-30fps

2. PS4 and xbox one are running the same gpu except that ps4  version has more cores

3.Their CPU is the same

4. whats really giving ps4 a lead is that ps4 is using GDDR5 ram which has a bandwith of 72gb/s while xbox one ddr3 can do 35-40gb/s. developers can close this gab by using the extremely fast  esram

lets remember that we are at the beginning of xbox one life span so we cant really judge

#102 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

[quote name="Mahmoodinho98" post="300965" timestamp="1414166635"
lets remember that we are at the beginning of xbox one life span so we cant really judge[/quote]

What stage of ps4 life span are we at?
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#103 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:11 AM

lets remember that we are at the beginning of xbox one life span so we cant really judge

Yes we can,because they are not consoles but PC's and showing everything they have right now. Everything they have to offer is on the table.

There is nothing to discover or unlock. Wii U does. PS360 did because they are consoles.

#104 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:25 AM

Yes we can,because they are not consoles but PC's and showing everything they have right now. Everything they have to offer is on the table.

There is nothing to discover or unlock. Wii U does. PS360 did because they are consoles.

Just because their running an X86 processor that doesnt make them PCs. Ok lets consider that they are PCs, their GPU is equivilant to r7 260x.

R7 260x can run most games on 1080p  with high graphics quality. if you dont believe me go google it. The reason that those consoles are struggling is that developers are yet to discover their power. you must also put infact that consoles are very diffrent from PCs because they have diffrent architecture.

One last thing . You said Wii U has alot to unlock. am sure that most people are hoping that Wii U is as powerful as xbox one or near that. 

#105 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:38 AM

am sure that most people are hoping that Wii U is as powerful as xbox one or near that. 

I hope it is, but I know it's not, just like I know the Xbox One isn't as powerful as the PS4.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#106 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:30 AM

Just because their running an X86 processor that doesnt make them PCs. Ok lets consider that they are PCs, their GPU is equivilant to r7 260x.

R7 260x can run most games on 1080p  with high graphics quality. if you dont believe me go google it. The reason that those consoles are struggling is that developers are yet to discover their power. you must also put infact that consoles are very diffrent from PCs because they have diffrent architecture.

One last thing . You said Wii U has alot to unlock. am sure that most people are hoping that Wii U is as powerful as xbox one or near that. 

Off the shelf PC parts put into a box even with custom OS is still a PC.

#107 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:27 AM

I hope it is, but I know it's not, just like I know the Xbox One isn't as powerful as the PS4.

The cycle pretty much like 6th gen... nothing wrong with it. Artstyle can make a game looks so much more amazing then somehting trying to push realistic graphics. All three system in their lifetimes will give us multiple amazing looking games.

#108 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

Ah so now the excuse is not realistic enough graphics. Got news people, games like MK8 or Smash as are technical as anything else. Lighting to characters on screen and even some of the textures are pretty high and esp with as much on screen at the same time. MK8 used a lot of pretty technical details. Detractors excuse it as artstyle but such a trollish misconception. It's what people do to bring down Wii U abilities. MK8 uses a lot of real time reflections when many games will fake it. Even in KillZone on PS4 faked it. Not saying Wii U more powerful..not even close just that not all games use it. Mainly talking MK8 because played the game ans Smash only going on screens and video is a damn good looking game and has a lot of technical muscle.

Funny thing is when LBP3 was shown people went how amazing it looked and spouted the power of PS4...even tho it's also PS3.

Cel shading tho is often used to hide lower polygon models and imperfections. Not always but often.

In this console race Wii U is Hulk Hogan XBO and PS4 are Kevin Nash and The Giant. If a difference for sure but can still hang with them unlike Wii. PS2 could hang with GCN and XBOX even tho it was much less powerful.

#109 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:38 AM

Ah so now the excuse is not realistic enough graphics. Got news people, games like MK8 or Smash as are technical as anything else. Lighting to characters on screen and even some of the textures are pretty high

Like Mario's shoe. That shoe is so sexy...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#110 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:24 PM

Ah so now the excuse is not realistic enough graphics. Got news people, games like MK8 or Smash as are technical as anything else. Lighting to characters on screen and even some of the textures are pretty high and esp with as much on screen at the same time. MK8 used a lot of pretty technical details. Detractors excuse it as artstyle but such a trollish misconception. It's what people do to bring down Wii U abilities. MK8 uses a lot of real time reflections when many games will fake it. Even in KillZone on PS4 faked it. Not saying Wii U more powerful..not even close just that not all games use it. Mainly talking MK8 because played the game ans Smash only going on screens and video is a damn good looking game and has a lot of technical muscle.

Funny thing is when LBP3 was shown people went how amazing it looked and spouted the power of PS4...even tho it's also PS3.

Cel shading tho is often used to hide lower polygon models and imperfections. Not always but often.

In this console race Wii U is Hulk Hogan XBO and PS4 are Kevin Nash and The Giant. If a difference for sure but can still hang with them unlike Wii. PS2 could hang with GCN and XBOX even tho it was much less powerful.

What is most impressive about SMASH Wii U is that fact 8 players can play and it keeps that resolution and framerate. 1080p 60 FPS

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#111 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:28 PM

What is most impressive about SMASH Wii U is that fact 8 players can play and it keeps that resolution and framerate. 1080p 60 FPS

7tRty79.png

16 detailed shoes on screen at once!

#112 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:29 PM

7tRty79.png

16 detailed shoes on screen at once!

knowing he is a plumber it's scary to know what kinds of germs are on those...

#113 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

Lets make it very simple

1. optimisation : it can make a huge diffrence interms of framerate, quality and resolution, a good example is PES 15. Fox engine isnt optimised for Xbox one resulting in a resolution of 720p compared to 1080p on PS4.

2.Computers are running much higher specs, here is what i mean

Wii U  has 2gb of ram and 32mb of esram. it runs  arkham city (with very little optimisation ) at 720 30fps.  the computer which is running the game with 1080p probably has  atleast 4gb or ram and a core i3 processor which is 4 times more powerfull than that of ps4 and xbox one.

3. the game was intended for limmited number of systems and the Wii U version was just and xbox 360nwith diffrent UI.

4. even the game is not running well on its intended systems. here is quote from Wikipedia"

Technical issues

During launch week, issues were found to exist in the code-restricted content. Some customers discovered the code to be missing from their copy, preventing them from obtaining the Catwoman story missions. The problem was reported by customers in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Warner Bros. issued a statement claiming that the missing codes had affected less than 0.5% of customers.[227] Upon release in the United Kingdom, a technical issue rendered the game unplayable for some players, booting them from the game with an error message that the "downloadable content is corrupt." Rocksteady European community manager Sarah Wellock claimed that the fault lay with the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live online systems.[228]

In early November 2011, Rocksteady confirmed that it was investigating reports by numerous users that save files for the Xbox 360 version of the game were being erased without prompting, resulting in players losing their progress and being unable to complete the game.[229][230] On launch, performance issues arose for the PC version when DirectX 11 features were enabled; the developer acknowledged the inconvenience and recommended to run the game with DirectX 9 while a title update was released to address this matter."

if you want more . Arkham city runs terribly on my PC which has an amd 9590 CPU and GTX 970.

PC games arent optimized, so the same game on a console with the same specs should outperform the PC game, and we see countless benchmarks that show the AMD HD5550 (320 SPU) running games much better than Wii U runs them.  Im not saying they were properly optimized for Wii U, but a 320 spu gpu should be running them better.  Even if your cpu limited, you should still be able to up the resolution, that doesnt add any work to the cpu, just the gpu.  I think the 160 spu gpu makes more sense, and would easily outperform the AMD HD6450 GPU in a console setting.  What is curious though, the X1 seems to be underperforming.  I find it hard to believe that a 1.2 T-flop gpu struggled to run COD Ghost in 1080p when weaker GPU's on PC handle it just fine.  When you look at X1's specs, it seems like its underperforming for sure.

#114 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:52 PM

the fact that if it can hold a consistent 60fps with 8 players on screen plus all the effects and craziness would be cool.... but I finished my last 7 games all on the gamepad never using the tv and should have bayo1 finished in the same manner tonight. 480p baby as thats all the gamepad can display. ha!

#115 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:36 PM

the fact that if it can hold a consistent 60fps with 8 players on screen plus all the effects and craziness would be cool.... but I finished my last 7 games all on the gamepad never using the tv and should have bayo1 finished in the same manner tonight. 480p baby as thats all the gamepad can display. ha!

Well that was a pretty obvious redirect...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#116 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:28 PM

Well that was a pretty obvious redirect...

It is just the truth so... I dont know what to tell you

#117 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

It is just the truth so... I dont know what to tell you

Redirects aren't necessarily lies, it's just changing the subject so you don't have to respond to the question/topic at hand. In other words, you saying that high quality games will probably never truly run 60fps 1080p (at least not for a very long time) for 5 pages,and then someone bringing up smash, which is a great game running 60fps 1080p, and comes out next month, finally you going "Yeah that would be crazy, but I play all my games on my gamepad, which can only do 480. Ha!"

What you should have said was "Well I guess I stand corrected. Good job to Sakurai and co."

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#118 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:36 PM

Redirects aren't necessarily lies, it's just changing the subject so you don't have to respond to the question/topic at hand. In other words, you saying that high quality games will probably never truly run 60fps 1080p (at least not for a very long time) for 5 pages,and then someone bringing up smash, which is a great game running 60fps 1080p, and comes out next month, finally you going "Yeah that would be crazy, but I play all my games on my gamepad, which can only do 480. Ha!"

What you should have said was "Well I guess I stand corrected. Good job to Sakurai and co."

I NEVER said Wii U wouldnt be able to achieve a 1080p 60 FPS game. I did call it a 720p 60fps console because thats what it seems to be... I mean the majority of its games will hit those numbers. We knew unlike other rumored and oh look at the screen shot that Smash was 1080p since it was revealed (at least for those paying attention). What I have said and stand buy is that you will get the best graphics and gameplay from Wii U at 720p 60FPS... and there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.... IS IT... SERIOUS QUESTION?  I am not putting down the console I own and bought on launch day this is just what seems to be the case. People took my words and twisted them as he said Wii U will never have a 1080p 60 fps game... which I never did. Just that you will see the majority of its best at 720p and 60fp? Now to the part about Wii U being a true console that will evolve and get better. Is it possible that Wii U a year from now or whenever this might happen developers I am assuming Nintendo will get the most out of it. All games released from this point will be 1080p 60fps... that would be cool. Yes I do doubt that this will happen but I am open for it. Again I bought Wii U day 1 like Wii before it, gamecube before tit, and so on. So for those thinking I am trying to put down a console that serves as my only means of home gaming I just do not get that.

#119 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:51 PM

I NEVER said Wii U wouldnt be able to achieve a 1080p 60 FPS game. I did call it a 720p 60fps console because thats what it seems to be... I mean the majority of its games will hit those numbers. We knew unlike other rumored and oh look at the screen shot that Smash was 1080p since it was revealed (at least for those paying attention). What I have said and stand buy is that you will get the best graphics and gameplay from Wii U at 720p 60FPS... and there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.... IS IT... SERIOUS QUESTION?  I am not putting down the console I own and bought on launch day this is just what seems to be the case. People took my words and twisted them as he said Wii U will never have a 1080p 60 fps game... which I never did. Just that you will see the majority of its best at 720p and 60fp? Now to the part about Wii U being a true console that will evolve and get better. Is it possible that Wii U a year from now or whenever this might happen developers I am assuming Nintendo will get the most out of it. All games released from this point will be 1080p 60fps... that would be cool. Yes I do doubt that this will happen but I am open for it. Again I bought Wii U day 1 like Wii before it, gamecube before tit, and so on. So for those thinking I am trying to put down a console that serves as my only means of home gaming I just do not get that.

Okay, so you said that it the best games will run at 720p 60fps. But smash seems to be running just fine at 1080p 60fps. This is but two years into the Wii U lifespan, and smash is without a doubt one of the, if not the best game to come out for the system and possibly the most content filled as well. There a pretty decent possibility now that we will see many more high quality games run 1080p 60fps since this game came out relatively early in the Wii U's projected lifespan. In other words, your comments still don't hold true. they may not be putting the system down, but they are putting (a rather negative) cap on the Wii u's possibilities. Many of the things you claimed to be almost certainty look to be up in the air now, so it still looks to be that you may very well have been disproven. I kow that much is at least true for the conversation we had. Can you imagine if nintendo had proudly proclaimed that the best games will only run 720p 60fps, and here comes smash 4 1080p, 60fps? I guarantee right now there would be a hundred articles and thousands of people jumping on them about how Nintendo either doesn't know the strength of their own console or are "obviously lying" since they stated this would never happen. Like I said, you never downplay what your product might be able to do. you always show faith in it, and it could always surprise you, so it's guaranteed to shoot you in the foot.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#120 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:23 PM

Okay, so you said that it the best games will run at 720p 60fps. But smash seems to be running just fine at 1080p 60fps. This is but two years into the Wii U lifespan, and smash is without a doubt one of the, if not the best game to come out for the system and possibly the most content filled as well. There a pretty decent possibility now that we will see many more high quality games run 1080p 60fps since this game came out relatively early in the Wii U's projected lifespan. In other words, your comments still don't hold true. they may not be putting the system down, but they are putting (a rather negative) cap on the Wii u's possibilities. Many of the things you claimed to be almost certainty look to be up in the air now, so it still looks to be that you may very well have been disproven. I kow that much is at least true for the conversation we had. Can you imagine if nintendo had proudly proclaimed that the best games will only run 720p 60fps, and here comes smash 4 1080p, 60fps? I guarantee right now there would be a hundred articles and thousands of people jumping on them about how Nintendo either doesn't know the strength of their own console or are "obviously lying" since they stated this would never happen. Like I said, you never downplay what your product might be able to do. you always show faith in it, and it could always surprise you, so it's guaranteed to shoot you in the foot.

The point is kind of mute I RESPECT your opinion but we just have different ones and there is nothing wrong with that. We will only keep going back and forth which doesnt do any any good. Only time Will tell I do not fell anything I have said is negative about Wii U hardware... its just my opinion which has upset some. I will be fine with a fun game on Wii U that runs at whatever resolution as long as the framerate is stable. unstable framerate ruins a game. If Nintendo can hit 1080p 60fps on any game cool then release and market the damn game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!