• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:05 AM

CAPCOM BRINGS BACK CLASSIC RESIDENT EVIL™ FOR NEXT AND CURRENT GEN PLATFORMS

Highly Demanded Fan Favourite Horror Title Returns in 2015 

London, UK. -- August 5, 2014 -- Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced Resident Evil for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®3, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC. Resident Evil will be available to purchase digitally across Europe and North America in Early 2015. 

The hugely popular Resident Evil series, having sold over 61 million units to date, returns to its roots with a remastered version of the critically acclaimed masterpiece, Resident Evil. Originally released in 1996, Resident Evil was then "remade" in 2002 from the ground up with new visuals, gameplay elements, environments and story details whilst retaining the survival horror atmosphere the series had become synonymous for. Both fans of the franchise who want a trip down memory lane and those who are yet to experience the game that coined the term survival horror for the gaming world will appreciate this definitive re-visit of that iconic 2002 Resident Evil title.

Using the latest resolution enhancement and 3D model technology, game resolutions and textures have been significantly upgraded, including 1080p support on next-gen consoles, resulting in characters and backgrounds coming to life in greater detail than ever seen before in Resident Evil. Not only will the graphics impress but the tense sound effects have been fully remastered with 5.1 surround support for a greater gaming atmosphere. Players are now able to choose not only between experiencing the terror at the classic 4:3 ratio or a stunning 16:9 widescreen mode but also the type of control scheme they play with. The classic control scheme remains for fans of the original play style or there's an alternative scheme where the character moves directly in the direction of the analogue stick, utilizing the standards of the current generation of gaming. Both the control scheme and the display options can be toggled between at any time during gameplay.

The intense horror fans first experienced with the release of the original Resident Evil is back. Taking place in the now notorious Raccoon City, players choose to take on the role of either S.T.A.R.S. (Special Tactics and Rescue Service) team member Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine who have been sent into the city to find the missing Bravo team. When the team is suddenly attacked by a ferocious group of mutated dogs, desperate for an escape they take shelter in the Mansion, but will they ever get out alive again? Players will need to be brave as they adventure through the dark, enclosed spaces searching out the horrors that await them. With limited ammo and survival items available gamers will need to keep their wits about them to survive the various traps and puzzles that greet them at every stage.

http://www.famitsu.c...8/05058378.html

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss tragically no wii u version. 

Resident Evil HD Remaster is coming to PS3/PS4/360/XB1/PC. 

The PS3 version will be the only platform in Japan to receive a retail release - there will be a regular version, a collector's edition, and a limited edition. It will also be available on PSN. The price of the regular version is 3990yen. Release date is Nov 27 2014. The 360 version will also be released as a download only title on the same day. 720p for PS3 and 360.

In early 2015 they will release the game in Japan on PS4, XB1, and PC as download only titles. The resolution for PS4 and XB1 is 1080p.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

>No Wii U version
>No RE2

Screw Capcom. For real. You've released this game a thousand times, come up with something that I'd actually buy please. Like RE7.

No sig.

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:54 AM

POPULAR

Dont look at the screens if you dont want to cry.

No, seriously. There IS no hd remake.

Its just a port, of a gamecube game. Yes, THAT gamecube game.

No, it is not 3d. No, it is not re rendered background images, no, it is not the gamecube scenes re rendered for hd pre rendered back grounds.

Its the gamecubes 480x640 backgrounds, horribly, HORRIBLY upscaled to 1080x1920, and then zoomed in FURTHER to fake a 16x9 aspect ratio.

It looks like rainbow. REmake in dolphin blows it out of the water.

Oh, and 30fps.

Damn Capcom. Damn.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:00 AM

lol this is like when Capcom straight ported the PS1 games to Gamecube after REmake and charged 40$. At the time could get RE2-RE3 at Gamestop for 5$.  Now those Gamecube PS1 games are crazy expensive and hard to find. This is the same as when you are watching a 4:3 film or TV show on your TV adjust your TV settings to stretch the picture. It looks messed up.

#5 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

Dont look at the screens if you dont want to cry.

No, seriously. There IS no hd remake.

Its just a port, of a gamecube game. Yes, THAT gamecube game.

No, it is not 3d. No, it is not re rendered background images, no, it is not the gamecube scenes re rendered for hd pre rendered back grounds.

Its the gamecubes 480x640 backgrounds, horribly, HORRIBLY upscaled to 1080x1920, and then zoomed in FURTHER to fake a 16x9 aspect ratio.

It looks like rainbow. REmake in dolphin blows it out of the water.

Oh, and 30fps.

Damn Capcom. Damn.

Ok, but if you don't have a Gamecube, a Wii or a Wii U (there was a Wii version of the REmake), this could be a nice opportunity to play a fantastic game. So the graphics look a bit weird, but it's still a great game.

#6 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

When I read this I was hyped, but after seeing no Wii U release and the screenshots are wack I am not interested. It's sad that they are treating the best RE like this. It's one of my top five games ever and this makes me feel bad.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

Ok, but if you don't have a Gamecube, a Wii or a Wii U (there was a Wii version of the REmake), this could be a nice opportunity to play a fantastic game. So the graphics look a bit weird, but it's still a great game.

That's not the point. The point is that they are taking a Gamecube game and simply making it 1080p while not improving textures or character models. If this was a game with mostly 3D environments (such as Resident Evil 4, which they "remade" multiple times), then it would be more excusable. The environments in this game however are 2D backrounds, so they are going to look compressed and horrible. If they redrew the backgrounds or rerendered the old ones to actually be 1080p, then it would be fine. But they did as much effort as an emulator does to make games look better, which is next to none.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#8 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

That's not the point. The point is that they are taking a Gamecube game and simply making it 1080p while not improving textures or character models. If this was a game with mostly 3D environments (such as Resident Evil 4, which they "remade" multiple times), then it would be more excusable. The environments in this game however are 2D backrounds, so they are going to look compressed and horrible. If they redrew the backgrounds or rerendered the old ones to actually be 1080p, then it would be fine. But they did as much effort as an emulator does to make games look better, which is next to none.

What the hell goes through that companies head? Did they seriously just say "hey let's do the least amount of work for one of or if not the best game in our best selling series." I mean it horsing amazes me how they can even think to release something like this. Is there no one there that fights to put actual work into games. If so he probably has been fired. Capcom could be turning themselves around with this title, and they should give it the love it deserves just as they did when making it for the Gamecube. After seeing this they deserve to go down the drain. I'm so done with them and probably won't buy another game by them.

zZJ9pHB.png

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

What the hell goes through that companies head? Did they seriously just say "hey let's do the least amount of work for one of or if not the best game in our best selling series." I mean it horsing amazes me how they can even think to release something like this. Is there no one there that fights to put actual work into games. If so he probably has been fired. Capcom could be turning themselves around with this title, and they should give it the love it deserves just as they did when making it for the Gamecube. After seeing this they deserve to go down the drain. I'm so done with them and probably won't buy another game by them.

Capcom is incapable of NOT shooting themselves in the foot. This is the issue.  Capcom has kinda always been a poorly run family owned company. Thing is when they were loaded with talent ideas were rarely shot down so we got so much awesome stuff in the 90's. As more and more talent has left Capcom has no idea what to do. The reasons we loved Capcom don't work there anymore. It's sad because they can do good games as EX Troopers is fantastic and Capcom USA before getting fired totally got it and were trying very hard for Capcom of Japan to wake up but COJ has final say. They at least squeezed out Strider. If Capcom got new management and away from the family you would see a shift.

People sometimes wonder why no one has tried the hostile takeover yet. Same as who wants to clean the public bathroom after someone had a bad night on both ends. It's a mess.

#10 EskobarM92

EskobarM92

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • NNID:EskobarM92

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

Go Capcom! I will download* the japan RE/Bio game November 27.

Edited by EskobarM92, 06 August 2014 - 06:32 PM.

Eskobar+M92.png

Wii U: EskobarM92, Xbox One: Eskobar M92, PS4: Eskobar-M92

#11 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:53 PM

In other news, there we're reports that a RE2 remaster we're in the works, even slated with a 2015 September release. I've seen images, as we'll as a preorder for the PS4 version put up on Amazon (I think, might have been Ebay), but have to no ones surprise been torn down. Didn't look yo hard to Photoshop, but apparently too many people all over confirmed it as a real existence.

All I can say is, believe, for every fan is more than willing.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#12 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:48 PM

OK, I agree with that. It would have been all right if they just put the unaltered Gamecube version on those consoles.

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

Back when RE make came out on gamecube, Capcom made a High res render of the Mansion Lobby for a promotional peice.

http://www.mediafire...-BACKGROUND.jpg

(If you want to download for a wallpaper or something)

re_backgroundd_by_aloo81-d7u4ddf.jpg

THIS is what Re re re re re re remake could have looked like, if capcom thought the non mobile gamers who made them what they are (were?) were worth anything more than crapping in their hands and smearing it across their faces.

But no. This is what capcom thinks you are worth:

eqwadd.jpg

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

I just want RE7... lol

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

Enjoy!  :laugh:

#15 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

Back when RE make came out on gamecube, Capcom made a High res render of the Mansion Lobby for a promotional peice.

http://www.mediafire...-BACKGROUND.jpg

(If you want to download for a wallpaper or something)

re_backgroundd_by_aloo81-d7u4ddf.jpg

THIS is what Re re re re re re remake could have looked like, if capcom thought the non mobile gamers who made them what they are (were?) were worth anything more than crapping in their hands and smearing it across their faces.

But no. This is what capcom thinks you are worth:

eqwadd.jpg

I remember this, I wish the game looked like that, it would be so cool. The only RE games I play now are the PS1 trilogy, REmake, 0 and CV. The rest are useless to me and I could care less about the story now too because I can't even stomach playing the games through.

Whatever happened about that Capcom up for sale thing, is that still happening? If so I wish Nintendo could buy them out. God would that be wonderful!

zZJ9pHB.png

#16 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

Capcom is not up for sale never was. Just Investors would allow a hostile takeover. And it has yet to happen because it would cost a few billion then the mess of restructuring the company. Capcom maybe broke but the assets are worth a lot. For instance Nintendo has 5 Billion in the bank but assets worth more than 10 billion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!