#1 genev

genev

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of zelda,final fantasy,pokemon

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:44 AM

So I want to buy a gift for for a friend who lives in USA from gamestop. When I try to checkout and go to billing address, there's no option for my country. Has anyone tried buying sth from gamestop with a European paypal? I'm so sad that I can't buy my friend's birthday gift :(. Any help would be appreciated :)

'' It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong.''

Voltaire

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

Don't buy from Gamestop at all. Problem solved. Get him a Amazon or Ebay or Play n Trade. Hell can send him to Gamegavel with a wad of cash. Just don't ask someone to walk into the torture chamber that is Gamestop. Another idea is a card for PSN or XBL or Eshop. Steam or Gog as well.

#3 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

Yea Gamestop site is bad.
If you want to get him a gift card I'd say you have to do it at another site.
I'd really just send him a visa gift card.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#4 genev

genev

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

Thank you guys. But I wanted to ask where do you buy your games if not from gamestop (excluding amazon and ebay)?

Voltaire

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

Thank you guys. But I wanted to ask where do you buy your games if not from gamestop (excluding amazon and ebay)?

90% online for me,Amazon,Ebay,JapanGameStock,Gamegavel,Play-Asia and others. If not Online local shops

The other franchise opposite of Gamestop is Play n Trade. They do modern games and retro and system repairs. They also are nice that if you buy a used game and the CD looks a bit rough they will for free buff the CD out with a machine.  They have better prices than GS as well.

#6 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

I'm sorry but I only buy from gamestop.
I normally buy new and it's just 10 tens easier to walk in and get my game. Vs stand in a long line at Walmart then have someone get keys and all that crap.

I don't buy many games online because I find them for the same price used at gamestop. I have brought from best buy because I have a card and get rewards points.
But my main score is gamestop.
xile06 "N" ID

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

But my main score is gamestop.

I have a card and get rewards points.

PEmV6Nf.jpg

lol people think they are actually saving money. Easy to make it look that way and have high prices and give them a pepper ghost card for 15$

Esp when some of those new game were taken home by emplyees played and returned in 4 days so you just bought a used game at a new price. I could write a book on that joint. Was a manager there. Seriously the card is BS

Edited by Ryudo, 06 August 2014 - 11:32 AM.

#8 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:07 PM

PEmV6Nf.jpg

lol people think they are actually saving money. Easy to make it look that way and have high prices and give them a pepper ghost card for 15$
Esp when some of those new game were taken home by emplyees played and returned in 4 days so you just bought a used game at a new price. I could write a book on that joint. Was a manager there. Seriously the card is BS

Well that's the thing I 99% of the time buy new seal games.
The other 1% I buy a used game, it's something I found on ebay for the same price and just didn't feel like waiting for it to come in the mail.

Now I will not trade in games to them tho.
That's 100% rip off.
I remember before they use to have a trade 2 and pay $10 for a new game. But I think that was eb games also.
xile06 "N" ID

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

That's the thing tho. Gamestop "guts" new games puts the case on display and the disc in the drawer. Employees are allowed to take that new game home and play it for up to 4 days. They bring the game back and it's put back in the drawer and will still be sold as new. Also some stores like ours had a shrink wrap machine in the back. So had some used sold as new "sealed" games.

#10 genev

genev

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:10 AM

That's the thing tho. Gamestop "guts" new games puts the case on display and the disc in the drawer. Employees are allowed to take that new game home and play it for up to 4 days. They bring the game back and it's put back in the drawer and will still be sold as new. Also some stores like ours had a shrink wrap machine in the back. So had some used sold as new "sealed" games.

You're kidding me lol!!!. Nice policy. Thanks for the warning. Because I'll visit USA on September and I was thinking of buying games from there.

Voltaire

#11 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:51 AM

yea i seen the places with the machines, but the one i go to  doesnt do that.

So when i buy new from them its new with working codes and everything.

xile06 "N" ID

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!