• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

May the force be with you, Nintendo. They are a 26 years-old gaming company. Sony and Microsoft will know not to mess with old school gaming! I agree with what is said above. The Wii U will be a combo of the Gamecube's excellent software, The Ipad's multiple Downloadable media options, the PS3's power All upgraded to Next Gen.

#22 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

May the force be with you, Nintendo. They are a 26 years-old gaming company. Sony and Microsoft will know not to mess with old school gaming! I agree with what is said above. The Wii U will be a combo of the Gamecube's excellent software, The Ipad's multiple Downloadable media options, the PS3's power All upgraded to Next Gen.

Actually, Nintendo has been around since the late 1800s. They were originally a playing card company. They entered the video game industry in the late 70s/early 80s. They've been around a LOT longer than 26 years. ;)
Posted Image

#23 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

people lets not worry about the power of the Wii U. nintendo just a gen a go had a very powerful console in the gamecube.... its a shame it didn't sell that well.Wii U will be just fine as far as hardware goes. what you guys should be worried about is third party software, and new ip's. at this point can nintendo keep up. we know they have a good forumla with zelda, mario, etc. but can they bring something new to the table to rival the best. im not doubting them but i am curious to see what the young developers at nintendo are capable of.... time to mature up nintendo.

#24 Shokio

Shokio

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero, SSB

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

The 720 and PS4 will definitely be stronger, but not significantly stronger.

Nintendo has already said the Wii U will be expensive. Couple this in with Crytek being "very happy" with the Wii U specs, that pretty much means we're looking at a $400 console. For Sony and Microsoft to make a much stronger system than a $400 console means that we're looking at console that will cost $500-$600, which they're simply not going to do.

Sony already came out and pretty much said that they're not going to invest so heavily into their next console. Microsoft seems to be going the Wii route since they're in the casual craze now.

So basically neither Sony or Microsoft are going to care so much about power next gen. The Wii U will be fine and developers won't have any problems making multi-platform games for it.
Posted Image

#25 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

Nintendo has already said the Wii U will be expensive. Couple this in with Crytek being "very happy" with the Wii U specs, that pretty much means we're looking at a $400 console. For Sony and Microsoft to make a much stronger system than a $400 console means that we're looking at console that will cost $500-$600, which they're simply not going to do.

Sony already came out and pretty much said that they're not going to invest so heavily into their next console. Microsoft seems to be going the Wii route since they're in the casual craze now.

So basically neither Sony or Microsoft are going to care so much about power next gen. The Wii U will be fine and developers won't have any problems making multi-platform games for it.

im not so sure that ps4 and 720 will be stronger than wii u, for the exact reasons that you pointed out, sony is losing tonnes of money and microsoft is obsessed with kinect, i expect one console to be more powerful than wii u, and one to be less powerful with a low price.
Posted Image

#26 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

Hey now dont underestimate Nintendo! I do not think that Sony or Microsofts counsel will be as powerful as the WiiU because like I said, they always had the most powerful counsel until the last gen with the Wii (I can officially say last gen because it is 2012!). But even if they dont have the most powerful counsel? I think that there is a point that it doesnt matter how powerful it is. It will all just play the same.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#27 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

nintendo started in gaming in 1974 :D
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#28 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

people lets not worry about the power of the Wii U. nintendo just a gen a go had a very powerful console in the gamecube.... its a shame it didn't sell that well.Wii U will be just fine as far as hardware goes. what you guys should be worried about is third party software, and new ip's. at this point can nintendo keep up. we know they have a good forumla with zelda, mario, etc. but can they bring something new to the table to rival the best. im not doubting them but i am curious to see what the young developers at nintendo are capable of.... time to mature up nintendo.

I agree with you in full.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#29 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

I agree with you in full.

Thank you!

#30 Jikayaki

Jikayaki

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

Extremely unlikely.

Looking at the currently rumored specs of the Wii U this is nothing short of impossible without the PS4/720 costing well over 900$ USD to produce (That sounds outrageous, but keep in mind that manufacture cost of a launch 60GB PS3 was $950 USD!). Sony is too smart to make the mistake they did this last generation of releasing a vastly over expensive console that is difficult to develope for, and Microsoft would lose market going this route as well.

Prehaps if either console was release say some 4 years after the Wii U, such of a gap would be expected, but I doubt Microsoft/Sony are being serious about the "10 year lifecycle".

Its impossible for the next Sony and Microsoft consoles to be so above the Wii U in tech to repeat this generation, but its rather easy even regarding the higher spec rumors for PS4 or Xbox 720 to be more powerful machines. It all depends on how these devices are designed and their intended market and price point. If PS4 follows Vita its going to be more powerful, but perhaps not as much as some would like to think as Vita is mostly a device created to budget with little R&D based on current advancements in mobile tech. The next Xbox is harder to speculate about we've heard rumors that Kinect is going to be a heavy focus next gen for the Xbox brand. That eats into revenue to produce the device since that would seem to point to a mainstream product something that could easily be within the ball park of Wii U. So its sane to say that these systems will end up more powerful than Wii U, but by how much we can't say.

#31 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

nintendo has the best built quality in their consoles, I grow up with a black and white gameboy and I still have my snes and NGC and WII. And they all work perfect without any problems.

Remember ps3 and xbox360??? In best scenarios you could end up with a reserviced console (used) because they all broke!!

My only concern and it has nothing to do with this topic, is why nintendo never support dvd or blu-ray movie player as well. I mean I grow up and I mostly play my games on my power PC. I also support nintendo (no matter what) and buying products, even if I dont use them! Because I grow up with them... A feature to be able use our Wii U as a movie player (and I dont mean online services), would be a fantastic extra for my age as well.. But I think they allready announced that wii U will not support that.

I still remember what sony did to nintendo at snes age.. with nintendo-cd, maybe thats why?

ps: sorry for my english and grammar, and am not a grandpa.. I am 33.. lol

Edited by Orion, 19 January 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#32 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

nintendo has the best built quality in their consoles, I grow up with a black and white gameboy and I still have my snes and NGC and WII. And they all work perfect without any problems.

Remember ps3 and xbox360??? In best scenarios you could end up with a reserviced console (used) because they all broke!!

My only concern and it has nothing to do with this topic, is why nintendo never support dvd or blu-ray movie player as well. I mean I grow up and I mostly play my games on my power PC. I also support nintendo (no matter what) and buying products, even if I dont use them! Because I grow up with them... A feature to be able use our Wii U as a movie player (and I dont mean online services), would be a fantastic extra for my age as well.. But I think they allready announced that wii U will not support that.

I still remember what sony did to nintendo at snes age.. with nintendo-cd, maybe thats why?

ps: sorry for my english and grammar, and am not a grandpa.. I am 33.. lol

They never saw those extra features as a necessity because they have always been gaming only. Also it costs more money incorporating that kind of functionality. And besides their point now is that everyone who wants a DVD player has one and they don't need to waste money with it. Really many of us today dont even watch dvds

Posted Image

#33 itschrissy

itschrissy

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Zelda, Skyrim

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

I really doubt that there will be as much of a gap between power in the next generation of consoles. Sure, Microsoft and Sony may develop slightly stronger consoles, but it will never be a repeat of PS3/Wii differences.

#34 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:47 AM

I honestly dont think that we need to worry about the other counsels being too much more powerful because Nintendo is actually the king of powerful counsels! Take a look at the NES it was the most powerful, take a look at the SNES it was the most powerful, take a look at the N64 it was the most powerful, take a look at the GCN it was the most powerful (It actually was more powerful than the XBox, it is a common mistake) the only counsel that wasnt the most powerful was the Wii and I think that Nintendo now notices that they need to step up their game again and once more make those super powered counsels! And also Sony and Microsoft really should worry because there are rumors that the 3DS's true power is greater than a XBox 360's so did you ever know that your 3DS is a portable XBox? So yeah I just KNOW that the WiiU WILL be the most powerful.

Sorry guys everyone knows Japan has more resources but Microsoft still got Nintendo on power and as for PS4 it will probably carp out the Wii U its up to Nintendo to release 1st party titles and upgrade their system though Nintendo is defintely the 1st most loved in US & JPN.
PS4 will undoubtbly be stronger and so will Xbox.

Nintendo never has had a more powerful console
N64 vs PSOne = PSOne Wins
Gamcube Vs PS2 Vs Xbox = PS2 then Xbox then Gamcube
Wii Vs PS3 Vs Xbox 360 = PS3 then Xbox 360 then Wii

Now If you say better my choice would be PS3 -->Wii--> Xbox in last damn place damn console hate it!

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#35 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

Sorry guys everyone knows Japan has more resources but Microsoft still got Nintendo on power and as for PS4 it will probably carp out the Wii U its up to Nintendo to release 1st party titles and upgrade their system though Nintendo is defintely the 1st most loved in US & JPN.
PS4 will undoubtbly be stronger and so will Xbox.

Nintendo never has had a more powerful console
N64 vs PSOne = PSOne Wins
Gamcube Vs PS2 Vs Xbox = PS2 then Xbox then Gamcube
Wii Vs PS3 Vs Xbox 360 = PS3 then Xbox 360 then Wii

Now If you say better my choice would be PS3 -->Wii--> Xbox in last damn place damn console hate it!

Prepared to be pummled with thine thumbs!!!!!! Yeah next time get your facts straight fanboy!!
N64(64) vs ps1(32 bit) = n64
GameCube vs ps2 vs Xbox = GameCube.
This is the first time Sony has had any strong hardware and the first that Nintendo had weak hardware. Soo don't post unless you know what your talking about... If you don't believe me look it up

PS: You just got pwned

Posted Image

#36 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

Prepared to be pummled with thine thumbs!!!!!! Yeah next time get your facts straight fanboy!!
N64(64) vs ps1(32 bit) = n64
GameCube vs ps2 vs Xbox = GameCube.
This is the first time Sony has had any strong hardware and the first that Nintendo had weak hardware. Soo don't post unless you know what your talking about... If you don't believe me look it up

PS: You just got pwned

In terms of horsepower, actually it's:

N64 vs. PS1 - Winner: N64

GameCube vs. PS2 - Winner: GameCube

BUT

GameCube vs. XBOX - Winner: XBOX

Posted Image
If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#37 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:15 PM

In terms of horsepower, actually it's:

N64 vs. PS1 - Winner: N64

GameCube vs. PS2 - Winner: GameCube

BUT

GameCube vs. XBOX - Winner: XBOX

Posted Image

Touché... But xboxs blow, they break to easy

Edited by Link707, 23 January 2012 - 01:16 PM.

Posted Image

#38 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

Touché... But xboxs blow, they break to easy

That... has nothing to do with power.
Posted Image

#39 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

That... has nothing to do with power.

When they break it's usually from over heating which has to deal with over clocked hardware. So in retrospect the GameCube could have and would have run the same if it would have been clocked with the same mindset

Edited by Link707, 23 January 2012 - 03:18 PM.

Posted Image

#40 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

How could anyone think PS2 was more powerful then Xbox or GCN? The actual gamely graphics generally looked bad compared to the others.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!