• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:18 PM

Doesn't matter it will be locked at a 1000% awesome because it's Platinum Games and Bayonetta.

Edited by Ryudo, 14 September 2014 - 05:40 PM.

#22 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:58 PM

I could only pick either this or Hyrule Warriors before Christmas.  It's such a hard decision...any suggestions which might be a better day one purchase.

#23 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:06 PM

I could only pick either this or Hyrule Warriors before Christmas.  It's such a hard decision...any suggestions which might be a better day one purchase.

Bayonetta you get 2 games for the price of one. Tho I am biased as I love PG games in general. Warriors games I enjoy but it's more niche as people either like or hate those games. Bayonetta is just the best Action game ever made period and Bayo2 can likely top it.

HW I think you need to ask yourself how big a Zelda fan are you and have you played a Warriors game before. If not might be best to try some others first to get a basic idea. HW is not a reskin so other Warriors games don't give a full idea but a basic idea what to expect.

#24 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:14 AM

Bayonetta you get 2 games for the price of one. Tho I am biased as I love PG games in general. Warriors games I enjoy but it's more niche as people either like or hate those games. Bayonetta is just the best Action game ever made period and Bayo2 can likely top it.

HW I think you need to ask yourself how big a Zelda fan are you and have you played a Warriors game before. If not might be best to try some others first to get a basic idea. HW is not a reskin so other Warriors games don't give a full idea but a basic idea what to expect.

Thanks, the 2 games in 1 does sound mighty tempting!!!  Anyways, I've played a little bit of Warriors on the 3DS and it was somewhat boring as I did not know any of the characters or the point to the story.  However, having a story based on Hylian lore might make it more interesting to us Nintendo gamers.  By the way does Bayonetta play similar to DmC, Darkstalkers, or Dante's Inferno?

#25 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:17 AM

Bayonetta is from the creator of Devil May Cry and to hell with that dumbed down abomination DmC. Seriously they watered down the gameplay to the point you can sit on the controller and perform combos. So I call it Bob May Cry as it's not DMC. Bayonetta took the DMC formula and vastly improved on it and many times faster. Platinum Games have this cool thing about them while so much chaos is going on screen you think to yourself at times I have no idea WTF is going on yet somehow I know what I'm doing and loving every second. Platinum Games because Kamiya is a big old Arcade games fan you will find big nods to games like Space Harrier and other classics.

Darkstalkers is a fighting game so no but going to assume you meant Darksiders. No Dartksiders while awesome is a M Rated Zelda game basically(tho the first game does have a Panzer Dragoon nod) Dante's inferno eh that's a pretty bland game taking from GoW and GoW ripped of Castlevania Lament of Innocence.

Little rant. Action games before Gow when you had Rygar and Castlevania Lament,Maximo,Onimusha,Mark of Kri and many others were very challenging games and had a lot of depth to the combat. They were old school hard in a good way. GoW came along gave it much less depth in combat and made the games easy and added QTE's so became popular because easy. Now Bayonetta you can play on Easy,Normal,Hard settings but even on Easy the combat retains it's great depth(still recommend playing on normal tho). The main point of DMC and Bayonetta is keeping up the momentum of your combos to do better and get rewarded and not button mash like some previously mentioned games.

#26 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:39 AM

okay ppl Bayo2 it is!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!