• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Akeki

Akeki

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:51 AM

Hi. I just bought a new Lenco 32" super slim LED TV, LED-3213. I also own a Wii U but the tv remote won't work. Now, although I can choose Lenco from the manufacturer list, none of the 14 signal types work with my Lenco television. Television's own remote works without any problems, but I would like to power up both my console and television easily with one device. It worked with my last television and I really liked it. Can you confirm if this is a problem of my television or Wii U? Or is there other manufacturers that I should check, if they work with the same signals as Lenco?

Thank you for the response :)

#2 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:01 AM

It's really a problem with your Wii U, but it's not a fault or anything. Same thing has happened to me when I got my new TV. It could be that the new TV uses a signal other than infra red, in which case the Wii U will never be able to control it, or it could just mean that the TV is newer than the Wii U and Nintendo can patch in more remote options. Hope for the second one!

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#3 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:05 AM

Similar to what above said, maybe it's just not an available option fo the Wii U, if the TV is brand new then it may be using a new signal that the Wii U doesn't have yet.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

ROObot nailed it. Hopefully a future firmware update adds the new signal, Its a convenience I really enjoy.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Akeki

Akeki

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:57 AM

Ok, thanks a lot for fast responses :) I too really enjoy this feature. Hopefully it will be updated soon :)

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

Also depends on the brand. My Visionquest is a couple years older than my Wii U yet it is still unsupported.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

Lenco and Visionquest? Never heard of these brands. Suspecting they are the Zenith and Coby types.

#8 Akeki

Akeki

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:05 AM

I noticed that there was an update today, but it didn't add support for my tv :( Please Nintendo, I would love this feature to work with my television!

#9 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:32 AM

I noticed that there was an update today, but it didn't add support for my tv :( Please Nintendo, I would love this feature to work with my television!

Sorry buddy. Perhaps you could contact Nintendo support and ask them to update the remote support.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tv remote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!