• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

Edited by Ryudo, 16 August 2014 - 05:13 PM.

#2 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:48 PM

ew

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:54 PM

European EA

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

title is kinda misleading. at least to me. its not 200 a game instead of 60. its getting up to 200 in dlc and micro transactions instead of the one time initial 60. 

Edited by Cozmo, 16 August 2014 - 04:26 PM.

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

title is kinda misleading. at least to me. its not 200 a game instead of 60. its getting up to 200 in dlc and micro transactions instead of the one time initial 60. 

Thanks Captain Obvious. Exactly why it's not misleading at all. Did you not listen to what he said? If you did would not make such a useless post.

#6 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

Thanks Captain Obvious. Exactly why it's not misleading at all. Did you not listen to what he said? If you did would not make such a useless post.

no problem little buddy. just trying to help out ;)

#7 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

Yes. A useless post that happens to point out the extremely misleading title.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

Yes. A useless post that happens to point out the extremely misleading title.

Not misleading at all. He says it right in the video trying to turn a 60$ customer into a 200$ customer meaning they want more than 60$, You just interpret it in one way. You mislead yourself while he directly said exactly what is said. They want you to pay a total of 200$ for games. It's very simple.

But since you guys are crying about it and I can actually change my own underwear because mommy wow I'm a big boy now I can change my own topic title. I don't need a mod to. :P

Smiley edited in in case you take it as anger like some do.

Edited by Ryudo, 16 August 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#9 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

Not misleading at all. He says it right in the video trying to turn a 60$ customer into a 200$ customer meaning they want more than 60$, You just interpret it in one way. You mislead yourself while he directly said exactly what is said. They want you to pay a total of 200$ for games. It's very simple.

But since you guys are crying about it and I can actually change my own underwear because mommy wow I'm a big boy now I can change my own topic title. I don't need a mod to.

calm down little buddy lol everything is going to be ok.  

Edited by Cozmo, 16 August 2014 - 05:28 PM.

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

Guess no one is actually listening and watching the video besides Ryudo. 3dude, bigboss, and myself.

noobs.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

calm down little buddy lol everything is going to be ok.  

Was always calm. Just being bluntly honest as always. Also like

Guess no one is actually listening and watching the video besides Ryudo. 3dude, bigboss, and myself.

noobs.

this man says focus on Ubi not me or the topic title because it's not the issue k ;)

Edited by Ryudo, 16 August 2014 - 05:35 PM.

#12 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:54 PM

Ohmigosh! Ubisoft wants me to buy their DLC? That's pretty crazy.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

In the sleazy way

http://thewiiu.com/t...rotransactions/

#14 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

I love paying $200 for a single game, personally.

#15 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

I don't really get it. I usually hate DLC. All DLC, even if it's "substantial" or "adds something new to the game."(in fact that makes it feel even worse because then it feels like I'm actually missing something good but I still don't want to pay extra) One of the main reasons I haven't bought Fire Emblem Awakening is because the DLC costs more than the game(the other being that the game hasn't dropped in price much.) but I don't see the problem with the microtransactions.

It seems like a shortcut rather than a bonus and that doesn't bother me. Regardless I probably won't be getting the game any time soon because the PS4 and Xbone are still carp and I don't even want to pay 60$ for the game. These AAA games take a drastic drop in price in like two months. I think I got ACIV for 30$ in like January or December...maybe February...I forget...and that's all I spent on it. It released in October.

Basically. Duh they want my money, but I don't get why I should be bothered. So some people get to waste money on upgrades in a game where upgrades barely matter, and there's probably a freely unlockable version of the same upgrades. Unless I'm supposed to be worried about "the future of gaming" or some carp. Meh. For someone who spent hundreds of hours pressing left and right in Pokemon to get the best stats I doubt unlocking this gear the hard way will bother me...but I probably won't bother cuz AC gear barely matters. Then again if Pokemon added microtransactions for that I'd be pretty upset...but I'm already pretty upset with how they made the games so...yeah. AC upgrades are way easier/less tedious to get.

After reading what I wrote...I sure am a weird guy...

Edited by Gimbal, 16 August 2014 - 07:12 PM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#16 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

DLC used to be known as Expansion packs but it was often like getting a whole new game for free or a cheaper price.

Want some good modern examples of what used to be Expansion packs it's Metal Gear Rising Jetstream Sams story and the Dogs story. Both free and each give you a couple extra hours and really add to the game. It expands the game.

Problem is these days most DLC is handled liked this

sqm6lro.jpg

Back in the old PC days like early 90's when you had shareware some big PC franchises were born out of Expansion packs Now days it's as the chart shows.

#17 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:49 PM

how much of that 140(not including the actual game price) is microtransactions vs dlc.

#18 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

DLC used to be known as Expansion packs but it was often like getting a whole new game for free or a cheaper price.

Want some good modern examples of what used to be Expansion packs it's Metal Gear Rising Jetstream Sams story and the Dogs story. Both free and each give you a couple extra hours and really add to the game. It expands the game.

Problem is these days most DLC is handled liked this

sqm6lro.jpg

Back in the old PC days like early 90's when you had shareware some big PC franchises were born out of Expansion packs Now days it's as the chart shows.

I just don't like DLC. Dark Souls Artorias of the Abyss DLC is like an expansion but I still don't want to pay for it. The event Pokemon that Gamefreak release are free but I still hate them because they're disclocked content and you have to wait years for them with only a month to download, or go to Gamestop. Expansion packs? Probably would have hated those too unless they were free and available forever. I also don't remember many games with expansion packs back then, but I never really played on PC...or off Nintendo.

#19 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:37 AM

Hahahahah

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#20 genev

genev

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of zelda,final fantasy,pokemon

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:46 AM

I don't really get it. I usually hate DLC. All DLC, even if it's "substantial" or "adds something new to the game."(in fact that makes it feel even worse because then it feels like I'm actually missing something good but I still don't want to pay extra) One of the main reasons I haven't bought Fire Emblem Awakening is because the DLC costs more than the game(the other being that the game hasn't dropped in price much.) but I don't see the problem with the microtransactions.

It seems like a shortcut rather than a bonus and that doesn't bother me. Regardless I probably won't be getting the game any time soon because the PS4 and Xbone are still carp and I don't even want to pay 60$ for the game. These AAA games take a drastic drop in price in like two months. I think I got ACIV for 30$ in like January or December...maybe February...I forget...and that's all I spent on it. It released in October.

Basically. Duh they want my money, but I don't get why I should be bothered. So some people get to waste money on upgrades in a game where upgrades barely matter, and there's probably a freely unlockable version of the same upgrades. Unless I'm supposed to be worried about "the future of gaming" or some carp. Meh. For someone who spent hundreds of hours pressing left and right in Pokemon to get the best stats I doubt unlocking this gear the hard way will bother me...but I probably won't bother cuz AC gear barely matters. Then again if Pokemon added microtransactions for that I'd be pretty upset...but I'm already pretty upset with how they made the games so...yeah. AC upgrades are way easier/less tedious to get.

After reading what I wrote...I sure am a weird guy...

As far as fe:a is concerned, you don't have to buy the extra maps in order to enjoy it, It's already huge so you don't actually miss a lot of things.

'' It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong.''

Voltaire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!