• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alex15810

alex15810

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:52 AM

I've been having this problem with my Wii U for a while, was wondering if anyone had a solution. If I start up my Wii U, then flip to the appropriate HDMI channel on my TV I get Wii U audio but a black TV screen. However, if I at that point flip to the wrong HDMI channel then back to the appropriate HDMI channel the picture shows up.

This is incredibly annoying. Every time I play I have to start up my Wii U, flip from normal TV to HDMI input, flip to the wrong HDMI input, then flip back to the right HDMI input.

Also if I start up the Wii U while the correct HDMI channel is already selected and TV is already on it will boot fine.

I have this problem on most TVs. Not all but most.

This isn't a serious problem as there is a workaround but I can't stress how annoying it is. Anyone know how to fix it?

I've tried using all different HDMI inputs on my TV but no luck.

Also I meant to post this in the subforum, my fault.

Edited by alex15810, 18 August 2014 - 11:55 AM.

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

I have the opposite problem actually.

If my tv is not on, or on the appropriate input channel when I activate my wii u, I will get a video feed, but no sound.

I have to hit home and go to the suspend screen, and then push home again to get back into the game/app with sound.

Pretty sure mine is because Im using a hdmi to dvi with component audio though. (Dat old Sony Grand Wega, still a goodie!)

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 alex15810

alex15810

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

I have the opposite problem actually.

If my tv is not on, or on the appropriate input channel when I activate my wii u, I will get a video feed, but no sound.

I have to hit home and go to the suspend screen, and then push home again to get back into the game/app with sound.

Pretty sure mine is because Im using a hdmi to dvi with component audio though. (Dat old Sony Grand Wega, still a goodie!)

Well I'm using the standard HDMI cable included with the Wii U. I have tried everything I can think of. For the longest time I thought it was just my TV...but after having the same problem on many other TVs it definitely isn't.

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

Well I'm using the standard HDMI cable included with the Wii U. I have tried everything I can think of. For the longest time I thought it was just my TV...but after having the same problem on many other TVs it definitely isn't.

Yeah, I dont have this problem with other tv's hdmi, or with the grand wega when using component cables.

Wierdo glitches. Hopefully it will all get ironed out in a future firmware update.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!