11 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:22 AM

http://nintendoevery...-released-soon/

3ds-homebrew-channel French coder Smealum will soon be releasing a Homebrew Channel hack for the 3DS. It’s compatible with the latest 3DS firmware and supports North American, European, and Japanese systems. Note that the hack will not load commercial or pirated 3DS ROMs. Users will only be able to launch homebrew apps and games. As far as region unlocking goes, Smealum recently mentioned that “playing games from other region[s] should almost definitely be possible” sometime in the future.

Read more at http://nintendoevery...-released-soon/

I will do this same reason I did it on Wii. Play imports.Sick of region locking.

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:27 AM

incoming stability update

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:50 AM

POPULAR

Enhance the user experience, mang.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#4 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:17 AM

I feel like if we do this the next "stability update" will brick your 3DS but if you don't update you're not allowed to use the eShop...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

Lol yep.
I would like to try the homebrew tho. I used the wii on for a few games that where made and etc stuff that the wii didn't include.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

I never felt the need to get games from other regions. I've been pretty happy with a local selection.

But to be fair, I have a DS flashcart so that my entire collection is digital.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

I never felt the need to get games from other regions. I've been pretty happy with a local selection.

But to be fair, I have a DS flashcart so that my entire collection is digital.

This won't play pirated games and I never use homebrew for that. My original intent was to support Xenoblade and TLS for Operation Rainfall. Now I am just made we won't get Dragon Quest 7 on 3DS. May also pick up Labrynth on 3DS. Wii Homebrew still let my Wii update never had a issue hopefully Homebrew stays updated.

#8 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

I reckon Smash 3DS will probs come with a fix for this. I mean, chances are people won't have homebrew working by then, and what better way to ensure everyone gets the fix? Everyone that gets homebrew will also want smash bros.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

I reckon Smash 3DS will probs come with a fix for this. I mean, chances are people won't have homebrew working by then, and what better way to ensure everyone gets the fix? Everyone that gets homebrew will also want smash bros.

huh? I won't be buying smash on 3ds ever. Many people been begging for Dragon Quest 7 the remake Japan has had. While thankfully Yok Watch anf Fantasy Life got the nod and were the other 2 reasons DQ7 chances look slim to none at this point. Since DS was region free we missed out and so many great games. Thankfully importing was a breeze. Now it's you have to buy a Japanese system.

#10 Teddy

Teddy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • NNID:latios
  • Fandom:
    mlp

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

homebrew is so stupid

cant have signature cuz of internet explorer :/

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

homebrew is so stupid

Thanks you for that wonderful useless insight with zero reasoning.

#12 BananaCheese

BananaCheese

Darknut Dominator

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • NNID:Awesomesocks
  • Fandom:
    Zelda and Animal Crossing

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:21 PM

homebrew is so stupid

no... i had it on my Wii and i admit i got super paper mario for free.... was pretty cool.

Nintendo_Logo-600x200.png 

Nintendo Network ID: Awesomesocks | Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032-1712-2862

PM me if you add me on any of the above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!