Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:41 AM

Earlier today Pokkén Tournament got announced during the special Pokémon Stream on Nico Nico. The game is a collaboration between GameFreak and Namco Bandai and will release at Japanse Arcades in 2015 (after which a console release is likely to follow).

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#2 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:58 AM

Well, it looks nice. That's it for me though. Don't care for Pokemon and only fighting game I play is SSBB and soon SSB4. Eh, I'd give it a shot.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:30 AM

Not a Pokemon fan but Wii U needs more fighters so this can only help the system. It would be very stupid not to put this on Wii U and we know Wii U won't get Tekken 7

#4 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:55 AM

I like fighting games, but Pokemon....really? smh

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

I like fighting games, but Pokemon....really? smh

Sonic and Yoshi? Sonic and Zelda? Zelda and DW? Final Fantasy and Disney? Capcom and Marvel? Shin Megami Tensai and Fire Emblem? Lego and Star Wars?

Yeah companies should never do crossovers should they. World will end that an eventual Wii U port of a Pokemon Tekken game than can only help the system ever gets a release. Who need that huh.

I detest Pokemon but come on this only helps.

#6 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

Sonic and Yoshi? Sonic and Zelda? Zelda and DW? Final Fantasy and Disney? Capcom and Marvel? Shin Megami Tensai and Fire Emblem? Lego and Star Wars?

Yeah companies should never do crossovers should they. World will end that an eventual Wii U port of a Pokemon Tekken game than can only help the system ever gets a release. Who need that huh.

I detest Pokemon but come on this only helps.

I never once stated I hated crossovers did I? I just don't think the game will be good, doesn't matter to me if it sells or if it doesn't. Pokemon just don't fit as a fighter. It pretty much looks like a flop.

#7 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:45 AM

I never once stated I hated crossovers did I? I just don't think the game will be good, doesn't matter to me if it sells or if it doesn't. Pokemon just don't fit as a fighter. It pretty much looks like a flop.

Big  fighter fan here Also not a particularly big Pokemon fan.

I think the game looks like it's going to be great.

Anyway, Namco and Nintendo seem to be getting pretty close. Glad to see a big company actually giving some sort of support to Wii U and not just whining about how their crappy ports didn't make sales and how it was definitely in no way their fault.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

You seen less than a minute and know the entire game? Ok then.Tekken Tag 2 was very good on Wii U. You know Namco is playing  a massive part in developing Smash bros right? Pokemon are in Smash and that's a fighter. So I guess by your logic Smash bros will flop.

#9 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

From Siliconera:

"As an aside, Ishihara said that the game would be released “first on arcades,” then went, “Oops, I said first” with a chuckle, so there’s a little sign that we could possibly see a console version in the future."

Hmm....

Edited by magiciandude, 26 August 2014 - 01:12 PM.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#10 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

From Siliconera:
"As an aside, Ishihara said that the game would be released “first on arcades,” then went, “Oops, I said first” with a chuckle, so there’s a little sign that we could possibly see a console version in the future."[/size]

Hmm....[/size]

No hmm needed, all these Japanese fighting games like Tekken have a arcade anouncment/rlease first, it's like beta testing. A wiiU version is like 90% fact

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

Little tidbit. There is an English trailer and anytime there is an English trailer console versions are released later since Arcades are dead here. So it's a lock for a Wii u release. Question is not a matter of IF but when.

Edited by Ryudo, 26 August 2014 - 01:53 PM.

#12 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

No hmm needed, all these Japanese fighting games like Tekken have a arcade anouncment/rlease first, it's like beta testing. A wiiU version is like 90% fact

Oh I know, I just wanted to be ambiguous. :P 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#13 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

Never played Tekken before, and I'm not a huge fighting game fan. But it still looks fun and I'll probably end up getting it. Kinda like how Hyrule Warriors will be the first Warriors game I've ever owned or played.

#14 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

Never played Tekken before, and I'm not a huge fighting game fan. But it still looks fun and I'll probably end up getting it. Kinda like how Hyrule Warriors will be the first Warriors game I've ever owned or played.

I seen Tekken Tag 2 for less than $15 on Wii U. Fun game. In fact Tekken fans were made Tekken Ball mode made a return but only on Wii U. Also the Nintendo costumes add to the humor. Mushroom mode is dumb but in a fun way.

#15 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

Confirms my thoughts she the teaser was shown last year with no explanation.

Awesome.

#16 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

You seen less than a minute and know the entire game? Ok then.Tekken Tag 2 was very good on Wii U. You know Namco is playing  a massive part in developing Smash bros right? Pokemon are in Smash and that's a fighter. So I guess by your logic Smash bros will flop.

I'm judging this trailer and it looks like a flop to me. Seriously what part of me saying this game looks bad don't you get? What part of me judging a trailer don't you get? I don't know the full game but I know as much as you, which renders my judgment as valid as yours. So by your logic any opinion isn't valid as we haven't played the game, unless we say it looks ok.

Also as fun as Tekken Tag was on wiiu it's not the definitive version if ya ask me, hence another reason why I think this game will flop.

Big  fighter fan here Also not a particularly big Pokemon fan.
I think the game looks like it's going to be great.

Anyway, Namco and Nintendo seem to be getting pretty close. Glad to see a big company actually giving some sort of support to Wii U and not just whining about how their crappy ports didn't make sales and how it was definitely in no way their fault.

I'm hoping it's good, and I completely agree with a big company's helping Nintendo. Always good to play a system I payed 300 dollars to own.

#17 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

It' early in devlopment. Also Harada himself is working on it and team members from Sould Calibur II team.The best 2 guys from the Soul Calibur II team.

#18 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

I'm judging this trailer and it looks like a flop to me. Seriously what part of me saying this game looks bad don't you get? What part of me judging a trailer don't you get? I don't know the full game but I know as much as you, which renders my judgment as valid as yours. So by your logic any opinion isn't valid as we haven't played the game, unless we say it looks ok.

Also as fun as Tekken Tag was on wiiu it's not the definitive version if ya ask me, hence another reason why I think this game will flop.

I'm hoping it's good, and I completely agree with a big company's helping Nintendo. Always good to play a system I payed 300 dollars to own.

How about this; What in the trailer makes you think it's going to be a flop?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#19 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:18 AM

Seems like this isn't even running on the Tekken engine but something entirely different.

#20 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:29 AM

Seems like this isn't even running on the Tekken engine but something entirely different.

What makes you say that? I mean I don't have much experience with tekken, but it looks pretty close to the little I've seen...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!