Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:29 AM

What makes you say that? I mean I don't have much experience with tekken, but it looks pretty close to the little I've seen...

Harada made me say it

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#22 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:26 AM

How about this; What in the trailer makes you think it's going to be a flop?

I don't like the look, aesthetically speaking and the animation of the game looks slow. Also Pokemon imo doesn't fit the fighting game area, I get a RPG but not this. Again this is a small trailer but with what is shown my judgment is that it's going to flop. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong.

#23 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:26 PM

I don't like the look, aesthetically speaking and the animation of the game looks slow. Also Pokemon imo doesn't fit the fighting game area, I get a RPG but not this. Again this is a small trailer but with what is shown my judgment is that it's going to flop. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong.

Well the aesthetics is a personal opinion, and one you seem to be largely alone in disliking. The animation speed looks like the average Tekken speed. Pokemon is already in smash. And smash is a fighting game composed solely out of characters that "don't belong" in a fighting game. It's still incredibly successful.

And that's why no one else thinks it's going to flop.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#24 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

I wonder if this game is super successful, what other games would Nintendo try to do as a fighter. Interesting stuff when you think about.

Well the aesthetics is a personal opinion, and one you seem to be largely alone in disliking. The animation speed looks like the average Tekken speed. Pokemon is already in smash. And smash is a fighting game composed solely out of characters that "don't belong" in a fighting game. It's still incredibly successful.
And that's why no one else thinks it's going to flop.

When I say flop I didn't mean sales wise but more of just being a bad game. That's a misuse on my part.

Edited by LinkKennedy, 30 August 2014 - 12:11 PM.

#25 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

I wonder if this game is super successful, what other games would Nintendo try to do as a fighter. Interesting stuff when you think about.

When I say flop I didn't mean sales wise but more of just being a bad game. That's a misuse on my part.

I assumed you meat both, so the things in my comment still stand. The things you don't like are just that. Things you don't like. Quality wise, it looks fine.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#26 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

I assumed you meat both, so the things in my comment still stand. The things you don't like are just that. Things you don't like. Quality wise, it looks fine.

Well I think it's obvious that the things I didn't like are essentially my opinion, hence it's me posting it. I just can't envision this game being any good when looking at this trailer. Still it looks fairly earlier, pre-something(I don't know the correct term, pre-alpha?). Still I hope it turns out well, for Nintendo's future(and a good game is only good for everyone).

#27 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

Well I think it's obvious that the things I didn't like are essentially my opinion, hence it's me posting it. I just can't envision this game being any good when looking at this trailer. Still it looks fairly earlier, pre-something(I don't know the correct term, pre-alpha?). Still I hope it turns out well, for Nintendo's future(and a good game is only good for everyone).

No you see there's a difference between you not liking something and it actually being bad. Someone might have MK*, but the truth of the matter is that it's still a good game. Opinions are subjective, the quality of a product is objective.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#28 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

This latest reveal does look poorly done.

It shows potential and some basic fighting mechanics.

But the animation is extremely choppy and two characters using some goofy fighting moves against sparse backgrounds isn't the most exciting thing...

BUT

It has a way to go yet.

Reserve judgement for later.

There is certainly enough demand and enough funding to make this game everything it needs to be.

Just needs to stay off of other consoles.

#29 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

Just needs to stay off of other consoles.

lol there's a 1% chance this goes to anything out side Nintendo consoles and arcade. Maybe less.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#30 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:11 AM

lol there's a 1% chance this goes to anything out side Nintendo consoles and arcade. Maybe less.

In this age of broken promises and corporate backstabbing, nothing is sacred.

#31 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:30 AM

Well GameFreak being I think Nintendo owned should make anything but a WiiU/3Ds release a big NoNo

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#32 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:23 AM

Yeah trust me, Nintendo is not about to give up their exclusive they personally paid to publish in the middle of a sales war they're losing.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#33 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:27 AM

Yeah trust me, Nintendo is not about to give up their exclusive they personally paid to publish in the middle of a sales war they're losing.

While I'd agree with this line of thinking, neither you nor I are privy to all of the licensing details of nintendos various platform deals with the Pokemon company.

While it would certainly dilute the brand and be a bad idea in general if the Pokemon company did deals with other video game console makers, the last few years have shown that common sense is severely lacking in the industry. And it's not limited to the USA.

As it is, the early dev footage looks like early wii u quality.

So it's a good idea to stop being lame regarding a simple hope that the brand stays "pure."

Edited by Socalmuscle, 01 September 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#34 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

While I'd agree with this line of thinking, neither you nor I are privy to all of the licensing details of nintendos various platform deals with the Pokemon company.

While it would certainly dilute the brand and be a bad idea in general if the Pokemon company did deals with other video game console makers, the last few years have shown that common sense is severely lacking in the industry. And it's not limited to the USA.

As it is, the early dev footage looks like early wii u quality.

So it's a good idea to stop being lame regarding a simple hope that the brand stays "pure."

There's also the possibility Nintendo will decide that they don't want to make games any more and go back into the playing card business, but once again the chance of it happening is absolutely tiny. Just because you aren't actually privy to information as to what Nintendo will do, it doesn't mean that you can't make certain predictions. There's something called consistency. Putting a pokemon game on any is something they have never done despite the crapload of pokemon games that have come out, therefore, looking at their consistency it's pretty safe to assume this one will be the same.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#35 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:35 PM

There's also the possibility Nintendo will decide that they don't want to make games any more and go back into the playing card business, but once again the chance of it happening is absolutely tiny. Just because you aren't actually privy to information as to what Nintendo will do, it doesn't mean that you can't make certain predictions. There's something called consistency. Putting a pokemon game on any is something they have never done despite the crapload of pokemon games that have come out, therefore, looking at their consistency it's pretty safe to assume this one will be the same.

You need to read the last sentence of my last post ten more times.

Then write it on the chalkboard 20 more times.

Then sit in the corner for the remainder of class.

#36 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:50 PM

You need to read the last sentence of my last post ten more times.

Then write it on the chalkboard 20 more times.

Then sit in the corner for the remainder of class.

Why because I missed a couple words? That's the only thing I see wrong with that sentence.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#37 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:31 PM

Why because I missed a couple words? That's the only thing I see wrong with that sentence.

No. Because you didn't read a concluding statement invalidating your nonsensical continued tirade over something that started of as simply this:

"Just needs to stay off other consoles."

Basically a legitimate mention hope that the brand stays pure. Which it most likely will.

It is A caveat that is appropriate in this recent age of videogames where IP now pops up and strange new platforms like never before and previous allies stab each other in the back.

So agin, a simple mention expressing hope that everything remains the same regarding Nintendo exclusivity with the Pokemon franchise on non-portable hardware (which is actually the logical expectation that everyone is used to). Not a tear filled cry of impending doom expecting otherwise.

Time to chill now.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 01 September 2014 - 11:36 PM.

#38 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:06 AM

Oh your last post.

No. Because you didn't read a concluding statement invalidating your nonsensical continued tirade over something that started of as simply this:

Basically a legitimate mention hope that the brand stays pure. Which it most likely will.

It is A caveat that is appropriate in this recent age of videogames where IP now pops up and strange new platforms like never before and previous allies stab each other in the back.

So agin, a simple mention expressing hope that everything remains the same regarding Nintendo exclusivity with the Pokemon franchise on non-portable hardware (which is actually the logical expectation that everyone is used to). Not a tear filled cry of impending doom expecting otherwise.

Time to chill now.

Yeah I already read it ten times, I had to ignore it because I didn't understand what you're trying to say.

"So it's a good idea to stop being lame regarding a simple hope that the brand stays "pure." 

How can I be lame about something like that? How am I being lame? What?

However, that doesn't seem to matter, because my comment still stands. Like I said, that caveat might be true in other cases, but not Nintendo, and especially not for this game. Nintendo owns pokemon. The only person they would be stabbing in the back is themselves.

All I'm saying is there's no need to "hope". This is pretty much guaranteed.

Also I'm assume the chill comment was you talking to yourself...

Edited by WydrA, 02 September 2014 - 11:07 AM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#39 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:43 AM

Oh your last post.

Time to chill now.
Yeah I already read it ten times, I had to ignore it because I didn't understand what you're trying to say.
"So it's a good idea to stop being lame regarding a simple hope that the brand stays "pure."
How can I be lame about something like that? How am I being lame? What?
However, that doesn't seem to matter, because my comment still stands. Like I said, that caveat might be true in other cases, but not Nintendo, and especially not for this game. Nintendo owns pokemon. The only person they would be stabbing in the back is themselves.
All I'm saying is there's no need to "hope". This is pretty much guaranteed.

Also I'm assume the chill comment was you talking to yourself...

Nope. It was talking to you since you were going spastic about nothing.

#40 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

Nope. It was talking to you since you were going spastic about nothing.

I was in no way being "spastic".

You were behaving much more defensively and aggressively than I was.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!