#1 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

Industry Gamers has gathered a bunch of analysts and has asked them what Nintendo must resolve to do this year.
http://www.industryg...rs-resolutions/
Four analysts provided their points on Nintendo, two were pro Nintendo and two were not good. David Cole, DFC Intelligence and Jesse Divnich, EEDAR have both shown their support for Nintendo and their opportunities with the wii u. Unfortunately for us Pachter gets all the attention for being the biggest hater in the world. So here he is...
Pachter says that firstly Nintendo need to “simply stop living in the past in 2012″ and secondly they need to get third-party software developers on-board with Wii U, something Pachter doesn’t think they are currently achieving. Here’s Pachters full rant for your reading pleasure:

Nintendo has to simply stop living in the past in 2012. They had a great deal of success since 1985 by making proprietary hardware and supporting it with proprietary software. They attracted third party support based upon the large installed base they generated for their hardware. They appear to me to be confident that “if they build it, third parties will support it”, but I don’t think that is the case for Wii U. By trying to be “different” with the tablet controller, they have complicated game design for developers, who can’t figure out if the Wii U will ultimately support only one or multiple controllers. Nintendo made the device sufficiently different that they are all but assured of limited third party launch support, which ultimately will lead to modest hardware sales.

They should stop relying upon the strategy that got them here, as it appears to no longer be working. I think their resolution should be to look outside of Nintendo for leadership in the areas of digital downloads, a user-friendly online interface and multiplayer gaming.

Edited by Link707, 08 January 2012 - 08:38 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

did you know that michael pachter's middle name is silly pony?
Posted Image

#3 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:15 PM

I always love to read Pachter :3
It's fun to make fun of his stupidity.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#4 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:18 PM

Yeah I read this a little while ago, Pacter needs to stop living in the past, and how is the controller to complicated?, it's like a Dreamcast controller with a bigger screen that is a touch screen, the developers will easly understand it and the DS helped them understand it better.

#5 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

I'm not exactly sure what isn't working with their strategy. I'm pretty sure the 3DS is doing pretty well right now. Nintendo could probably be a bit more decisive about how many controllers will be supported. Also, it doesn't seem like it would be very difficult for developers to find some use for the remote's screen even if it is something simple. They can probably even choose not to support it if they want.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#6 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

dont know why the good comments dont get attention, im gonna fix that, two analysts are silly ponys, two of them are pretty awesome, this shows all four
Posted Image

#7 The Video Gamer

The Video Gamer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

I don't why Pachter even bothers anymore he knows nothing about industry and just says what everyone else is saying. For starters developers that have to innovate with the controller they can just port a game use the controller for a map or something. Secondly many third party developers have stated their excitement for the system and Vigil Games said it much easier to develop for than the PS3 and about on par with 360 in ease. Heck even Gabe Newell said it's fits into there scability model and you know how Valve dishes out hate on consoles. And he also predicted doom for the 3DS yet it's turned out to be a massive success. Pachter needs to just go away even I could do his job better than him.

#8 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

That dude has got to be the dumbest dude eveh!!!!

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#9 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

Pachter... knows EA is helping Nintendo, right?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#10 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

Pachter... knows EA is helping Nintendo, right?

he probably knows that everything he says is rubbish, but the reason he says this stuff anyway is quite clear. notice how in the same article, 2 other analysts said good things about wii u. he was the only one to get media attention, thats why, i always complain on nintendo websites when they report this stuff, its stupid to pay attention to stupid things. here is ok because were all bashing him, but when mynintendonews makes an article about it, his name gets out, he gets what he wanted, attention. people should ignore these stupid comments not report them. it angers me because the people that dont want to here this rubbish are the same people who help contribute to the problem
Posted Image

#11 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:25 PM

Michael Pachter = A Pigeon

A Pigeon that spews fecal matter from his oral cavity.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#12 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:08 PM

dont know why the good comments dont get attention, im gonna fix that, two analysts are silly ponys, two of them are pretty awesome, this shows all four

Thank you for posting the other comments. I was too lazy to look them up myself. I'm surprised people aren't complaining more about the person who said Nintendo should put their games on other platforms.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:19 AM

Hey, did you know, that the same letters in the word hater are in Pachter.

Among other things:
* Cheap
* Rat
* Prat
* Pate

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:02 AM

Hey, did you know, that the same letters in the word hater are in Pachter.

Among other things:
* Cheap
* Rat
* Prat
* Pate

hahaha well played
Posted Image

#15 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:36 AM

I shiver at the insanity of Pachter. How can developing for the uTab be more difficult then the Wiimote and Kinect? Thats more traditional control. And developers seem very interested in the Wii U. They know it's going to be a hit. They might be wrong, but no one is going to bet that it's going to fail like they did with the Wii. Developers are moving resources as we speak to support Wii U.

What I fear most, however, is Nintendo will have better third party support then they themselves will support their own console. So far, we can assume two Nintendo games are in the making for Wii U. Retro Studios Mystery Game (which is probably Zelda) and Miyamoto's new IP game, both which could be launch titles. Oh and lets not forget Pikmen 3, which I am not excited for.

However, looking at third parties, we know many of the big name publishers are getting their developers to develop new and multiplatform titles to the Wii U. Ubisoft is of course supporting it.

So, what I want to know is, how can Pachter think developers aren't interested in the Wii U? Because the guy a FREAKING insane. Thats why.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pachter, Wii u, Hater

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!