• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:16 AM

Can anyone confirm that this is New 3DS exclusive? I'm sure I can budget out some money to buy a new system, but $40 game>$200 hardware.

Xenoblade?

I sort of knew it before it was confirmed. But yes, it has been confirmed.

the arm11's in the original 3ds couldnt dream of a game like Xenoblade.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:22 AM

http://www.nintendo....spec/index.html

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#23 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:52 AM

I'm assuming that the bew hardware is for things like multitasking and menus. I don't think they want to alienate anyone who have the other systems.

There's actually new games being developed exclusively for the new design, and they will have a graphical boost over the original 3DS. There will still be games that work with the old 3DS. http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=884846

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#24 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:11 AM

look at all the cover options you can get and change out.

630x.jpg

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#25 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:17 AM

So this is basically the Game Boy Color of the 3DS. I can live with this, and now would be a good time to upgrade to an XL (I'm still using the Ocarina of Time 3DS). However, it won't be for Xenoblade, because I could hardly get into the Wii version. It would have to be for something I really want, like a 3D Zelda or something.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#26 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:18 AM

Just thinking out loud...

new 3ds is running basically a Wii Port of Xenoblade... so new 3ds can run Wii code?

Much easier to port Wii games to new 3ds? 

Imagine Metroid Prime or Other M, Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy on your portable. yummy

#27 TibetanMonk

TibetanMonk

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:14 AM

Make an all new 3d LoZ specifically for this new system and you got yourself a buyer Nintendo!

#28 Aplg8

Aplg8

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:40 AM

Bought my 3DS XL in may and really enjoy it, bought my nephew Zelda: Link Between worlds for his DS.  I subsequently learned he had an older DS and could not play it. (my fault for not checking)  Now another version is coming out called "New 3ds", Nintendo's marketing department sucks at naming their products. 

#29 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:44 AM

I need this now!! Those ABXY colored buttons sold me. Plus better resolution, 3D angle and built in C-stick. Nintendo is going to have my wallet on lock for a very long time with all the things coming out.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#30 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:45 AM

POPULAR

Bought my 3DS XL in may and really enjoy it, bought my nephew Zelda: Link Between worlds for his DS.  I subsequently learned he had an older DS and could not play it. (my fault for not checking)  Now another version is coming out called "New 3ds", Nintendo's marketing department sucks at naming their products. 

oh really?

new-ipad-with-logo-640x480.jpg

#31 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:26 AM

WOW

talk about improved viewing angles, 3D. Much improved.

http://www.nintendo....ures/index.html

body_01_04.jpg

Is it just me... or those that new 3DS XL have two front facing cameras!??!!?!!?!?!?!?!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#32 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:28 AM

Really annoying can't play future games on my 3DS XL. I can't afford to buy a new 3DS nor should I have to.

#33 Aplg8

Aplg8

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:40 AM

oh really?

new-ipad-with-logo-640x480.jpg

As I own the new ipad and the ipad 3, this is not the same.  I can run virtually every ap on both.  Or let me rephrase my comment on their marketing department to:

Kudos to the marketing department for doing exactly what apple did, when out of ideas just copy someone else.  Looking forward the your next console most likely titled THE NEW WII U

Edited by Aplg8, 29 August 2014 - 08:41 AM.

#34 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

Really annoying can't play future games on my 3DS XL. I can't afford to buy a new 3DS nor should I have to.

I don't have a 3DS but I kind of feel the same way about it because my little brother has one.

The 3DS has only been out for 3 years and this is almost like releasing a new console.

#35 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

Rumor... from gaf

While working through the latest 3DS firmware updates, some coders were able to find some information possibly relating to the New 3DS.

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/New_3DS

Based on disassembly of certain sysmodules for code added/changed with in the 8.0.0-18 update, it appears that the "New 3DS" has the following changes:

• They extended FCRAM from 128MB to 256MB.
  • They added another VRAM (?) of 4MB.

Going by the 8.0.0-18 update, which added support for the mem-regions listed above, it appears that the "New 3DS" will use the exact same system-titles as the original hardware(with a new system update at launch, for old/new hw, as both seem to use the same system-titles).

#36 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

I want this.

I assume the new c-stick acts like a Thinkpad's trackpoint? It doesn't seem to have room to slide around, so it must be pressure sensitive.

I hope the new 3DS XL will still be backwards compatible with the old XL's charging dock.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#37 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:58 AM

I want this.

I assume the new c-stick acts like a Thinkpad's trackpoint? It doesn't seem to have room to slide around, so it must be pressure sensitive.

I hope the new 3DS XL will still be backwards compatible with the old XL's charging dock.

I read somewhere the connection for charging was moved.... can't confirm though. I agree, c-stick seems like it will function like the thinkpad pointer.

below is a gif show much improved speed for browsing and downloading in eshop

3dsc0pp7.gif

Edited by Sorceror12, 29 August 2014 - 10:00 AM.

#38 genev

genev

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of zelda,final fantasy,pokemon

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

I need this now!! Those ABXY colored buttons sold me. Plus better resolution, 3D angle and built in C-stick. Nintendo is going to have my wallet on lock for a very long time with all the things coming out.

When did they say it'll have a better resolution?

'' It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong.''

Voltaire

#39 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

When did they say it'll have a better resolution?

They didn't just better viewing angles.

#40 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

I didn't notice until now from watching this gamexplain video, you can customize your 3ds OS with themes of mario, zelda etc. Pretty cool and about time.

skip to 12:37 into the video

surely this sort of "theming" will be coming to Wii U as well with folders (i would highly bet)

Edited by Sorceror12, 29 August 2014 - 11:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!