Photo

Activision Looking to Acquire Take-Two Interactive (GTA series)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:45 AM

According to Benchmark analyst Mike Hickey, Activision Blizzard might be looking to acquire Take-Two Interactive Software, the publishers of the hit game Grand Theft Auto V.

Hickey mentioned that “an emerging romance” has started between the two companies, prompting Take-Two stock prices to reach a six-year high.

For Activision, acquiring Take-Two Interactive would be a no-brainer, in our view, circling some of the strongest development talent and owned IP in the world, within a company that has nearly $1 billion in cash and trades at a comparably lower multiple.

The acquisition would put Activision in charge of three major game development studios: Blizzard, Rockstar, and Bungie, although Bungie is not officially owned by Acitivision. Instead, the development studio has a ten-year deal with the game publisher that is set to expire in 2020.

There have not been any official announcements made from either company regarding this potential deal, but hopefully more news will surface in the near future.

What do you think of Activision possibly acquiring Take-Two? Do you think it could benefit gamers, or would it harm upcoming Take-Two games?

[Source: IBD]

Not that GTA was really any good but anyone ready to see yearly GTA games lol

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

Doubt if Activision ever acquired Take-Two that we'd get yearly GTA's, I think a Take-Two acquisition would be pretty solid for Activision considering about now all it seems like they've got it Destiny, Call of Duty, Skylanders and a thousand different licensed games.

2lvmghw.png

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Rockstar was the license holder to GTA? I don't think buying Take-Two would necessarily mean they'd get GTA, just like if somebody were to buy 2K Games, they wouldn't get rights to Borderlands 2.

Again, I'm not that sure how licencing works, but it's just a thought.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:24 AM

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Rockstar was the license holder to GTA? I don't think buying Take-Two would necessarily mean they'd get GTA, just like if somebody were to buy 2K Games, they wouldn't get rights to Borderlands 2.

Take Two owns R*

#5 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

I love me some gta but I really hope it's not yearly.

#6 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

Take Two owns 2k and Rockstar they are subsidiaries

#7 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

Does activision have that kind of money? They're trying to buy the guys that just recently spent just under 300 million dollars making one game and advertising it. 

Edited by R00bot, 30 August 2014 - 03:26 PM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

Does activision have that kind of money? They're trying to buy the guys that just recently spent just under 300 million dollars making one game and advertising it. 

They spent 2 billion last year just to buy themselves off Vivendi Universal.TT doesn't even seem to have 1 billion but Acti has 14 billion.

Edited by Ryudo, 30 August 2014 - 04:10 PM.

#9 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

They definitely have that kind of money, have you not seen how well Call of Duty has sold for the past 4-5 years?

2lvmghw.png

#10 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

They definitely have that kind of money, have you not seen how well Call of Duty has sold for the past 4-5 years?

True. I just mean that Take-Two won't sell for under a few billion. After the success of GTA V they probably expect to have a good future, and will only sell to someone that pays enough for their current and future worth.

bi5tzqg.gif

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

True. I just mean that Take-Two won't sell for under a few billion. After the success of GTA V they probably expect to have a good future, and will only sell to someone that pays enough for their current and future worth.

TT has less than 1 billion in the bank. So in the future maybe 1 billion but they have yet to cross it.

Acti is worth 14 billion now and keeps getting richer. So TT would barely put a dent in their wallet.

#12 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:20 PM

TT has less than 1 billion in the bank. So in the future maybe 1 billion but they have yet to cross it.

Acti is worth 14 billion now and keeps getting richer. So TT would barely put a dent in their wallet.

TT has less than 1 billion? They spent around a third of their cash on GTA 5? Talk about a gamble, although it is a GTA game...

bi5tzqg.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!