Photo

Destiny General Discussion Thread- The Game of The Year, Game of The Forever.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:09 PM

original.jpg

Consoles: PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4.

Release Date: Sepetember 9, 2014 (Worldwide Release except for Japan)

Developer: Bungie 

Publisher: Activision

Genre: Multiplayer FPS Online Shooter

General Basic Information/Modes:

Destiny is set seven hundred years into the future in a post-apocalyptic setting following a prosperous period of exploration, peace, and technological advancement known as the Golden Age.[15] In a universe where humans have spread out and colonized planets in the Solar System, an event known as "the Collapse" saw the mysterious dissolution of these colonies, the end of the Golden Age, and mankind teetering on the brink of extinction. The only known survivors of the Collapse are those living on Earth, who were saved by "the Traveler," a white, spherical celestial body whose appearance centuries before had enabled humans to reach the stars.[16] The Traveler now hovers above the last safe city on Earth, and its presence allows the Guardians — the defenders of the City — the ability to wield an unknown power, only referred to as "The Light."

Upon mankind's first attempt to repopulate and reconstruct after the Collapse, it is discovered that hostile alien races have occupied mankind's former colonies and civilizations and are now encroaching upon the City. The player takes on the role of one such Guardian, and is tasked with reviving the Traveler while investigating and destroying the alien threats before humanity is completely wiped out.

* Players will be able to choose from three races Humans, Warlocks, and Titans. Players will also be able to choose a class to go along with their race: Hunters, Warlocks, and Titan

* There is Player vs Player

* Raid mode 

* Control mode (Capture the points) 

* Clash Mode (Six vs Six) 

* Skirmish

* Salvage (Collecting relics) 

* Rumble Mode

Screenshots/Game Footage: 

aba3966364b9decf304ca76647f9c20129407c67

2c2d424c9d851adaedccae3c4a8f2a71f9c8b09b

eec2525fb165aaf24779564de9c52ca30c94ae51

2418805-destiny+new+screenshot+8.jpg

2622234-pvp_moon_3.png

image_323934_fit_940.jpg

image_323928_fit_940.jpg

image_323919_fit_940.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0f3f87pPi4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLDzurqySxk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cimNVRWFvsU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnTg0IVP-Q4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDav0yy3LJU

Reviews:

Coming soon.

#__# it begins 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:25 PM

:3

794144.png?13383682

#3 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:12 PM

I'm planning on soloing through most of the game. I did that in the beta, and it offers a nice challenge. I just wish I could use the same profile from the beta so I didn't have to start my level over again. Oh well, more fun for me I guess XD Also, I'm getting this game day 1 in the mail. Excited!!!

#4 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:44 PM

Honestly am not that excited for this game. It looks good, it looks great even. But there's something missing. I feel like Star Citizen will be the better game.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#5 EskobarM92

EskobarM92

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • NNID:EskobarM92

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:14 AM

I have it preloaded on xbox one. I will go through the campaign and online mode on 9th. 

Edited by EskobarM92, 05 September 2014 - 07:08 AM.

Eskobar+M92.png

Wii U: EskobarM92, Xbox One: Eskobar M92, PS4: Eskobar-M92

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:39 AM

38365_1_e053cf3daf.jpg

Customers who pre-order both Destiny and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare at GAME by September 16 will receive a Level 20 Legendary Blacksmith Armour Shader for use in Destiny, the retailer has announced.

The shader appears to add a yellowish glow to your armour and can be accessed by redeeming a code supplied when ordering both titles. The offer appears to be available across Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

It may also be the first time an in-game bonus has been offered for pre-ordering two unrelated titles.

http://www.videogame...ed_warfare.html

LOL!

#7 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:03 AM

Even if I just got a job, I'm going to try and no-life this game as much as possible. The Beta was a TON of fun, picking up the LE on launch day.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#8 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:28 PM

I have it preloaded on xbox one. I will go through the campaign on 9th.

I've never understood preloading... Does this mean you already have the whole game downloaded, just not accessible? That seems kinda like a slap in the face. "you can have this game now, but you can't play it yet sorry."

I dunno I never really thought of that until now.

#9 EskobarM92

EskobarM92

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • NNID:EskobarM92

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:29 AM

I've never understood preloading... Does this mean you already have the whole game downloaded, just not accessible? That seems kinda like a slap in the face. "you can have this game now, but you can't play it yet sorry."

I dunno I never really thought of that until now.

I like it. its better than downloading day one since that might take time. now its ready to play on release day midnight us/morning eu.

since its only 19gb vs wolfenstein 45gb. I heard its only "ready to play" size and more download needed but I will find out soon. Edit: 19gb actual size. dlc will prob. add total 40gb as it written on the case.

Playstation also has preload but its not until 7th 2 day before release. I plan to get both versions if I like it. There is a bunch of extras on PS4.

Edited by EskobarM92, 10 September 2014 - 03:07 PM.

Eskobar+M92.png

Wii U: EskobarM92, Xbox One: Eskobar M92, PS4: Eskobar-M92

#10 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:07 AM

I wasn't hype about this game. Imo it's Halo mixed with board lands.
But i ended up playing the beta and it's pretty cool and fun. I did like board lands and was glad it's more towards that side then halo.
I pre-order it and will be picking it up at launch.
The game does look so great.
I'll probably just do single player for a while then hope online.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:07 PM

I wasn't hype about this game. Imo it's Halo mixed with board lands.
But i ended up playing the beta and it's pretty cool and fun. I did like board lands and was glad it's more towards that side then halo.
I pre-order it and will be picking it up at launch.
The game does look so great.
I'll probably just do single player for a while then hope online.

Play online mannnnn. It's going to be competitive.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#12 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

Play online mannnnn. It's going to be competitive.

I probably will. I tend to try the story first then hit online. But this game is different. I'll hone my skills then get online.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#13 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:53 AM

Ps4 preloading started yesterday. It's a 20gb file, if anyone is interested.

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

Ps4 preloading started yesterday. It's a 20gb file, if anyone is interested.

That's not bad at all.

#15 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:08 AM

Game is awesome. Great graphics, epic soundtrack, great leveling system, balanced enemies, well thought out diverse ways to play, ease of forming fire teams with freinds, etc.

Game is cool solo too, but much better with freinds.

#16 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:31 PM

Guys it has sold 500 million in the first 24 hours.

London, UK – 10th September, 2014 – Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), announced today that the company sold more than $500 million of Destiny into retail stores and first parties worldwide as of day one, making the game the biggest new video game franchise launch in history.

“Based on extraordinary audience demand, retail and first party orders worldwide have exceeded $500 million for Destiny,” said Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard. “This industry milestone marks another blockbuster success for our company and demonstrates our unique ability to create some of the most successful entertainment franchises in the world. The success of Destiny, along with the recent introduction of Blizzard Entertainment’s Hearthstone, is further validation of our unique capabilities to create great entertainment franchises from the ground up.”

Destiny launched at over 11,000 midnight openings around the world, as fans in over 178 countries (Source: Radian6) shared their fervour on YouTube and in social media.

“Since the beginning, we’ve been confident that our investment and belief in Destiny would pay off. But not many people believed we’d be able to say it did so on day one,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. “Destiny is officially the biggest new franchise launch in our industry’s history. It’s also the highest-selling day one digital console release in history. We have more confidence than ever that Destiny will become one of the iconic franchises of this generation and Activision’s next billion dollar brand. Most importantly, it’s just a great game which we can’t stop playing. A big thanks to our incredibly talented team and partners who helped make this happen; most importantly, our partners at Bungie.”

#17 genev

genev

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of zelda,final fantasy,pokemon

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:51 PM

http://www.businessi...ay-sales-2014-9

'' It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong.''

Voltaire

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:36 AM

Guys it has sold 500 million in the first 24 hours.

Well, no it hasnt, thats sell in (to stores) not sell through (customers), theyve actually known that number for months, its the profit from number they produced to sell to retail stores. Strange that kotick would cite first party to retail numbers instead of sell through numbers, as they are surely quite high.

*Update* Wow, apparently Destiny only sold through about 3/5ths of that shipment... I guess thats why they didnt mention sell through.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:39 PM

so destiny is a slightly above par halo like shooter from the sound of it. 

Or be a less rainbowy conduit for those who can't play halo =/.

#20 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:39 PM

Game of the year and forever huh...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!