Photo

Scientifically speaking how does one die...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:30 PM

from running out of time in a level? LIke seriously, a clock reaches zero before you reach your destination and you suddenly suffer a stroke or something? 

What about losing a race? In Super Mario Sunshine and the Galaxy games, Mario just loses a life for not getting into 1st place. Does he suffer a cardiac arrest all of a sudden?

Lastly, how painful can it be to get touched by an enemy? Does it rupture your internal organs just by being touched?

What do you think are the reasons?

Edited by magiciandude, 02 September 2014 - 12:31 PM.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

You stand in 1 spot in the middle of the park without doing anything for days and lets see if you live

In Mario galaxy and sunshine, because he's lost the race he's also lost his chance of getting the star/shine sprite which means he can never collect all of the stars thus never being able to completely save the universe/town. Thus he's already lost. 

Poison on their skin?

Edited by Chrop, 02 September 2014 - 12:51 PM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 alex15810

alex15810

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:58 PM

I always had the idea that if mario touched let's say...a goomba...he got hurt because getting that close allowed the monster to bite him, claw him, ect.

As far as the time deaths, I think that is mario getting so frustrated that he admits defeat and commits suicide :D, or the door closes on the other side when the clock reaches zero so he knows he can't complete the level and commits suicide on that basis.

Ok I'm being sarcastic on the last part obviously...but  I don't think its supposed to make sense story wise.

Edited by alex15810, 02 September 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#4 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:00 PM

You stand in 1 spot in the middle of the park without doing anything for days and lets see if you live

In Mario galaxy and sunshine, because he's lost the race he's also lost his chance of getting the star/shine sprite which means he can never collect all of the stars thus never being able to completely save the universe/town. Thus he's already lost. 

Poison on their skin?

But Mario doesn't stand outside in one spot for days. He usually has 300 seconds to reach his destination or he dies. How is that possible?

But why does he die from not winning the race though?

What kind of poison makes you want to jump off a cliff?

Edited by magiciandude, 02 September 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#5 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:47 PM

But Mario doesn't stand outside in one spot for days. He usually has 300 seconds to reach his destination or he dies. How is that possible?

But why does he die from not winning the race though?

What kind of poison makes you want to jump off a cliff?

That's definitely not 300 seconds, if you check the first game it's not counting down in seconds, maybe each number that goes down could even represent something much longer than a second.

He doesn't die, he just falls on his bum all depressed looking. then the game ends. because he lost and couldn't complete his objective.

What kind of enemy touching you makes you jump off cliffs? Where did jumping off cliffs even pop up? I thought we was talking about goombas touching mario. 

#6 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:29 PM

That's definitely not 300 seconds, if you check the first game it's not counting down in seconds, maybe each number that goes down could even represent something much longer than a second.

He doesn't die, he just falls on his bum all depressed looking. then the game ends. because he lost and couldn't complete his objective.

What kind of enemy touching you makes you jump off cliffs? Where did jumping off cliffs even pop up? I thought we was talking about goombas touching mario. 

Eh?

And if you're on your last life, it's game over. IIRC, the dead eyes (x_x) appears in Super Mario Sunshine appears when you lose a race.

Look at any 2D Mario game where he has the sudden urge to jump off.

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:59 PM

Eh?

And if you're on your last life, it's game over. IIRC, the dead eyes (x_x) appears in Super Mario Sunshine appears when you lose a race.

Look at any 2D Mario game where he has the sudden urge to jump off.

1. Mario wasn't standing there for 300 seconds, maybe it was similar to 3 days or something

2. Maybe he felt like he was dead

3. Um... mario has never had the urge to jump off a cliff, could you give me a reference so I know what you're talking about please

#8 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:00 PM

1. Mario wasn't standing there for 300 seconds, maybe it was similar to 3 days or something

2. Maybe he felt like he was dead

3. Um... mario has never had the urge to jump off a cliff, could you give me a reference so I know what you're talking about please

By "cliff" I mean jumping off the screen. :P

#9 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:01 PM

I've always thought of it as when you run out of time, your mission is failed and bowser does whatever weird stuff he plans to do with peach.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:08 PM

Mario is a bunch of clones and since cloning still isn't perfected and these clones only have so long to live to complete the mission. Like rats in a maze but you control the rat.

Edited by Ryudo, 02 September 2014 - 06:10 PM.

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:06 PM

Personally I believe it's simply a gameplay mechanic and not some actual event/plot piece, but I'm going to go with Mario is cursed by Bowser (or the Kings, as "motivation") so that he'll die after a set period of time unless he takes over the end-level castle (and therefore postphones his death sentence somehow)

Edited by grahamf, 02 September 2014 - 10:07 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#12 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:17 PM

Mario secretly has the FOXDIE virus.

794144.png?13383682

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:09 AM

The mario games are actually an elaborately staged running man (hunger games for the kiddies)show for the mushroom kingdom. There is no Mario. Its just some poor hapless dude accused of false crimes and forced to play the game, wearing a fake mustache, a red shirt, and blue overalls.

Peach is actually the Damon Killian of the whole operation. She just plays a princess in distress for the show, inside the ruffles of her dress, she has the remote kill switch for the current playing 'Mario' if he touches a goomba or other not really lethal obstacle, runs out of time, or loses a race, she murders him by setting off the tiny explosive implant they put in his brain before the show. Then she laughs.

The Koopas and other bosses are actually hired by her to fight the players to the death.

When the player wins, they think they are getting a pardon and their freedom... But after the credits, peach has them killed and puts the corpses in an abandoned locker room.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 MarvelofMan

MarvelofMan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • NNID:MarvelofMan

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:33 AM

Perhaps Mario is such a completionist that failing to achieve each goal with the 3 minutes triggers sudden death syndrome. As Peach completes Marios life he is doomed to tempt death each level in an effort to rescue her for momentary peace within a viscous cycle of reoccuring events.

#15 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:30 PM

Simple, its the rules.

Watch a movie called "The human race" then your understand.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#16 Jelloman

Jelloman

Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • NNID:dmanomic
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:27 PM

Perhaps Mario is such a completionist that failing to achieve each goal with the 3 minutes triggers sudden death syndrome. As Peach completes Marios life he is doomed to tempt death each level in an effort to rescue her for momentary peace within a viscous cycle of reoccuring events.

But then what about the paper mario games or the mario sports games, peach could kill him to win every time and poor old mario has to get screwed time after time

1260993809_bouncing_jello_thumb.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!