• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ProjectX3dsman

ProjectX3dsman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:15 PM

If you didn't know by now, Nintendo is planning on releasing a new version of the 3ds with a second analog controller and two new buttons (ZL and ZR). This information makes me think of what the next gen Nintendo handheld will be like if all these new features are being announced for the new 3ds. So please discuss your thoughts below while I give my opinion on what the future of the '4ds' (what I refer to as the next handheld) will hold.

Button Placement - I see the 4ds having all the button and design features of the New 3ds. The second circle pad will likely be larger than its original counterpart because the one that is coming out seems very small, and maybe uncomfortable to use.

Customization - The new 3ds can be customized to have different face and bottom plates, and has the ability to have customizable backgrounds. I believe this will be kept and possibly expanded on, you might be able to create your own background and have it downloadable online to others. Like miiverse except in background design.

Downloads - Download speeds will obviously be faster, and the eshop will remain the same except for minor updates. So anything you can buy online for the 3ds you can also do so for the 4ds. I see GBA and SNES games coming, however I do not see the inclusion of N64 or DS games because Nintendo seems to not add many new system games to the virtual console library.

Horse Power - The 4ds will be more powerful than the Vita, Xbox 360, and PS3. Nintendo likes to use parts from AMD and IBM, So if we assume that the new system will come in 2018, it would not be outlandish to say that a certain mobile GPU and CPU from AMD and IBM from 2014 or 2015 would come into play.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by ProjectX3dsman, 06 September 2014 - 12:27 PM.

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:12 PM

The 4DS... My heads hurts trying to think about such a complicated gadget that allows us to see the 4th dimension in a 3 dimension world. Gen 9 will be amazing.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:35 PM

I don't know what to expect for the 4DS. I'm just looking forward to getting the new 3DS, and maybe re-playing OoT with camera controls.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#4 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:48 AM

I think that after this generation, they maybe should go back to one screen... One big HD screen, like the Vita. And add two sticks and 4 shoulder buttons from the start. And then obviously some sort of other gimmick only Nintendo could come up with.

No sig.

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:00 AM

It appears to me that the next handheld or unified system (handheld and home console capabilities) will certainly have 3D in mind.

With the new 3DS, nintendo seems to have greatly improved the technology with much better view angles. I think this is great, yes it is sort of a gimmicky feature but something that can be a unique selling point.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:18 AM

I think that after this generation, they maybe should go back to one screen... One big HD screen, like the Vita. And add two sticks and 4 shoulder buttons from the start. And then obviously some sort of other gimmick only Nintendo could come up with.

I hope they keep the same configuration.

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:28 AM

I hope they keep the same configuration.

I think they will have dual screens again, unless they go without backwards compatibility which would be a bit of a surprise.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

But consumers would be "oh look, another DS, that gimmick should be long over by now". Some people already didn't undestand the 3DS.

No sig.

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:06 AM

But consumers would be "oh look, another DS, that gimmick should be long over by now". Some people already didn't undestand the 3DS.

There will always be "dumb" or "lazy" consumers... people who just don't make any effort to learn about what is new regarding a product they may have interest in. The consumer confusion argument can be used in any industry.

"Well I don't understand why I would buy a 2014 Kia Soul when I can buy a new 2013 Kia Soul.." 

You could say "some people already didn't understand the Gameboy Advance" or "some people already didn't understand the PS3" or "some people didn't understand the new ipad"

Dumb consumers can often be guided by proper branding, marketing, hands-on with the product, and well trained salespeople.

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:20 PM

Three screens Yo.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

Three screens Yo.

You reminded me of that episode of Jonny Test where he has the handheld with four screens and plays three games at once. Of course, such a handheld would have horrible problems.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!