GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:50 AM

Shin en wants to tackle a large world exploration game next? I love those. Its going to be tough though, a lot of content for 5 dudes to make, but it definitely has me intrigued.

Hope it comes to WiiU

#42 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:52 AM

Hope it comes to WiiU

Wii u will most likely be the main sku. They want to reach the largest audience possible, which would mean releasing on both systems, and its easiest and cheapest to make a game ground up for the less powerful system then port it to the more powerful system.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#43 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:31 AM

Shin en wants to tackle a large world exploration game next? I love those. Its going to be tough though, a lot of content for 5 dudes to make, but it definately has me intruiged.

I wonder if they could pull off a procedurally generated world? That could make it a bit easier on them content-wise.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#44 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:56 AM

I wonder if they could pull off a procedurally generated world? That could make it a bit easier on them content-wise.

They definately could, they excel at procedural content generation. Though to be honest, the only game I have ever played thaty pulled off procedural generation and still managed to make the game world interesting instead of boring was minecraft.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#45 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:04 AM

Wii u will most likely be the main sku. They want to reach the largest audience possible, which would mean releasing on both systems, and its easiest and cheapest to make a game ground up for the less powerful system then port it to the more powerful system.

Yeah I just have no faith in any developer remaining loyal to Wii U as of today. I hope so.

#46 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:48 AM

Somebody start a petition for Nintendo to add these guys to their stable of studios.  I know that Silicon Knights left a bad taste in their mouth; but Shin'en seems to be a lot more professional.  Whoever picks ups Shin'en not only gets their talent but a few decent IP's as well (Jett Rockett, Nano Assault, FRN, etc).

#47 Super Smash Bros

Super Smash Bros

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Zelda,Starfox & Super Smash Bros

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:02 PM

This game was on the wii and had bad controls and was not very playable, game overall was fun to play, I only downloaded the demo never bothered to buy it, I hope this will be better and fun to play.

#48 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:11 PM

Demo only? Then I have my doubts. Heard a lot of people say the same exact thing about wonderful 101, and then everyone who actually bought it and got used to the controls said it was incredible so...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#49 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

W101 has a learning curve but that's what games with depth have. Can't learn that from the demo of W101. I was still learning halfway into the game yet it was great. Game adds just a little bit more and more the deeper in the game you get. Some games are not suited for a demo.

#50 megafenix

megafenix

Blooper

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:01 AM

it really looks great, the lod of the terrain and rocks is pretty good, the geometry looks real and not a fake simulation and also the shadows respect the siluet of the objects with the bumpy areas and the bumpy areas also display a very good amount of fine and small triangle pieces despite being lateral to our view. Seems that they have used tesselation with displacement as they mentioned some time ago that they would use it in one of their games for wii u

#51 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:34 AM

it really looks great, the lod of the terrain and rocks is pretty good, the geometry looks real and not a fake simulation and also the shadows respect the siluet of the objects with the bumpy areas and the bumpy areas also display a very good amount of fine and small triangle pieces despite being lateral to our view. Seems that they have used tesselation with displacement as they mentioned some time ago that they would use it in one of their games for wii u

Go check their twitter man, they answered you, and said its not tesselation, its 3d hdri scans used for ibl.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#52 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:29 PM

I know Shin'en is happy doing digital and having Independence but I really wish I could own this game on disc.

#53 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

I know Shin'en is happy doing digital and having Independence but I really wish I could own this game on disc.

Same here.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#54 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

Same here.

Here here.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#55 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:21 AM

lnbsTET.jpg

rIp7Hij.jpg

#56 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:04 AM

We should merge this with the other Fast neo screenshot thread....

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#57 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:23 AM

I hope Nintendo wakes up and rebadges this into the new F-Zero for the Wii U.  The game looks crazy beautiful!!!

#58 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

I hope Nintendo wakes up and rebadges this into the new F-Zero for the Wii U.  The game looks crazy beautiful!!!

It does look amazing... the amount of detail in the environments shown thus far for a racing game is pretty amazing. 60fps too. I am excited for the fzero course in Mk8. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#59 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:30 AM

It does look amazing... the amount of detail in the environments shown thus far for a racing game is pretty amazing. 60fps too. I am excited for the fzero course in Mk8. 

There's an F course in MK8? :blink:   Anyways, this would make a great farmed out F0 for Nintendo if they do choose to release the game on the Wii U.  In fact, SoE was a good ED sequel which I was surprised that Nintendo didn't fund to make a sequel.

#60 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:36 AM

There's an F course in MK8? :blink:   Anyways, this would make a great farmed out F0 for Nintendo if they do choose to release the game on the Wii U.  In fact, SoE was a good ED sequel which I was surprised that Nintendo didn't fund to make a sequel.

10991121-1409070796-361669.jpg

It's part of a dlc pack coming out . 

Edited by Sorceror12, 25 September 2014 - 11:36 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!