Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:26 AM

Different sources, WiiIU version looks washed out and pale. Xbox version much crispier. Not sure it's capture settings or something else. 

Edited by Lupaie, 21 September 2014 - 01:27 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#2 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:31 AM

Different sources, WiiIU version looks washed out and pale. Xbox version much crispier. Not sure it's capture settings or something else. 

The thing about the washed out colours is because the Wii U is not outputting in full RGB range, right? Or rather, they have captured the footage with a device set to full RGB, which is good for the 360 or PS3, but not for the Wii U.

Edited by storabajskorven, 21 September 2014 - 05:05 AM.

#3 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:14 AM

The thing about the washed out colours is because the Wii U is not outputting in full RGB range, right? Or rather, they have captured the footage with a device set to full RGB, which is good for the 360 or PS3, but not for the Wii U.

I'm not sure if I care whatever technical reason is behind this, it just looks much worse. No offence.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#4 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:37 AM

I'm not sure if I care whatever technical reason is behind this, it just looks much worse. No offence.

You should care, because if it actually is worse it's a problem for the game, but if it's just that the people who made the video are unaware that they can't use "full RGB" setting with the Wii U, it won't matter when you actually play the game on a TV properly set to "limited RGB".

#5 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:50 AM

You should care, because if it actually is worse it's a problem for the game, but if it's just that the people who made the video are unaware that they can't use "full RGB" setting with the Wii U, it won't matter when you actually play the game on a TV properly set to "limited RGB".

Ah ok, i inderstand. But these are two resources who create more wiiu captures, that normally look great... So i dont think its the connection or setting

#6 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:20 AM

Ah ok, i inderstand. But these are two resources who create more wiiu captures, that normally look great... So i dont think its the connection or setting

I'm quite sure the problem is with the RGB settings as I said, or just that they used different gamma settings when capturing from the two different versions. I scrolled through the comments section and a lot of people said the same thing, no reply from Nintendomination as far as I could see, so maybe they are fixing this.

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:26 AM

We have already established this is a pointless comparison. Using video from two different sources in one video. The Wii U video is heavily compressed. You can literally see the compression squares.

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:57 PM

lol, tv is set for full rgb, wii u is sending out limited rgb, tv cant read the values correctly. They need to switch the tv settings to the proper mode.

http://referencehome...ull-vs-limited/

Oh, and the video compression is horrid.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:21 PM

lol, tv is set for full rgb, wii u is sending out limited rgb, tv cant read the values correctly. They need to switch the tv settings to the proper mode.

http://referencehome...ull-vs-limited/

Oh, and the video compression is horrid.

Tv? You think they captured this from the tv? I thought a capturecard was used. Don't know if you can adjust rgb settings on those though. Yet, the same editor knew how to capture bayonetta2 footage since that looks great. Strange case.

Edited by Lupaie, 21 September 2014 - 08:23 PM.

#10 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:52 PM

Tv? You think they captured this from the tv? I thought a capturecard was used. Don't know if you can adjust rgb settings on those though. Yet, the same editor knew how to capture bayonetta2 footage since that looks great. Strange case.

It really doesn't matter as the Wii U was meant for being played on a regular HDTV that uses limited range RGB setting anyways (90% of console gamers game on LED TVs instead of monitors),  Therefore the insufficiency displayed on those videos using capture cards that are meant for Full RGB will be negligible if not eliminated all together.  C'mon Lupaie are you still thinking that the Wii U is subpar compared to X360 or PS3?  Can't we give this a rest as it's been proven time and time again that the Wii U is a step or two ahead of the X360/PS3 even if it is a step back from PS4/X1.

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:53 AM

Doesnt matter what they used, Trying to display rgbl on a device set to rgbf will do this every single time, the values arent lining up, so get a white washed out image.

We have dozens of hours of live played bayo1 footage from treehouses etc showing off bayo 1 with the correct display settings, and looks nothing like the goof up shown here.

You can go into the japanese miiverse right now and look at the screen grabs that prove it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:30 AM

Doesnt matter what they used, Trying to display rgbl on a device set to rgbf will do this every single time, the values arent lining up, so get a white washed out image.

We have dozens of hours of live played bayo1 footage from treehouses etc showing off bayo 1 with the correct display settings, and looks nothing like the goof up shown here.

Agreed. One can also hit up the Japan Miiverse community for Bayonetta and seen some screens captured there. Even though it is compressed in Miiverse, it looks good cause it's a direct capture.

https://miiverse.nin...558073419801479

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:51 AM

Agreed. One can also hit up the Japan Miiverse community for Bayonetta and seen some screens captured there. Even though it is compressed in Miiverse, it looks good cause it's a direct capture.

https://miiverse.nin...558073419801479

Ya beat my edit!

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:09 AM

We've already discussed this, It's bogus, they're comparing a compressed youtube video to HD Capture of the Xbox 360 version, Obviously the Xbox 360 version looks better. It's like they were purposely trying to make it look better. 

Go play the Japanese game, record it using the same capture card and then compare it. 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#15 MarvelofMan

MarvelofMan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • NNID:MarvelofMan

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:04 AM

This day in age were so fickle about graphics and resolutions. 

#16 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:52 PM

After watching the videos, it does seem like a video output setting. It's all over the place. But it was a pretty cool video, content wise :)

#17 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:02 PM

After watching the videos, it does seem like a video output setting. It's all over the place. But it was a pretty cool video, content wise :)

tumblr_lz8yzoJ2he1qb1m9to1_500.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!