Photo

Minecraft Clone: "U Craft" Announced

Minecraft clone copy still gon be gud cos mojang sucks and they had to not bring minecraft to wii u

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:10 AM

U Craft, a clone of the popular Minecraft had its first screens released recently by Hullbreach. Strangely, the game is not by Hullbreach, but by an anonymous developer. The releases of information on the title are being handled by other developers (because Wii logic right?).

u_craft_screenshot.jpg

http://nintendonews....ft-clone-wii-u/

I'll update this topic as news comes in I guess.

Edited by R00bot, 26 September 2014 - 03:39 PM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:00 AM

About time. Though probably entirely too late. This iron went cold a year ago. You would need an INCREDIBLE mc clone to turn heads now, even if its the first to come to nintendo.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:03 AM

About time. Though probably entirely too late. This iron went cold a year ago. You would need an INCREDIBLE mc clone to turn heads now, even if its the first to come to nintendo.

Honestly, Minecraft isn't that great. It could have been miles ahead if Notch had known how to freakin code well when he started it. That bad framework has been holding them back for ages.

A well-coded copy of Minecraft could have close to the same amount of features a year after coming out.

bi5tzqg.gif

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:00 AM

Honestly, Minecraft isn't that great. It could have been miles ahead if Notch had known how to freakin code well when he started it. That bad framework has been holding them back for ages.
A well-coded copy of Minecraft could have close to the same amount of features a year after coming out.

Coding wise? Yeah, definately truth to this statement. Of course, you have to keep in mind, the first five plus years it was just notch by himself, who never made any claims of being a brilliant coder. One of the first things je did when he started making good money was to hire a team of programmers like jeb.

I was more referring to the features of minecraft. The nether, the end, potions, beacons, enchantments, biome diversity, mines, temples, world size, variety in materials, red stone, pistons etc.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:18 PM

Coding wise? Yeah, definately truth to this statement. Of course, you have to keep in mind, the first five plus years it was just notch by himself, who never made any claims of being a brilliant coder. One of the first things je did when he started making good money was to hire a team of programmers like jeb.

I was more referring to the features of minecraft. The nether, the end, potions, beacons, enchantments, biome diversity, mines, temples, world size, variety in materials, red stone, pistons etc.

Yeah, all of that will take time to add in. All I was saying is that they can add all of that to the game faster if they code well from the get go. Minecraft looked like a nokia phone game, but you needed a decent pc to run it on full graphics (at the start, anyway).

Anyway, here's the FIRST SCREENSHOT GUYS.

u_craft_screenshot.jpgThis screenshot already shows some improvements over Minecraft, most notably the higher quality block textures and proper dynamic lighting (shock horror!). The blue blocks may be a type of block that doesn't exist in Minecraft, since nothing else looks like that. Also, the clouds look like clouds. This probably means you won't be able to climb up higher than the clouds.

Edited by R00bot, 25 September 2014 - 04:21 PM.

bi5tzqg.gif

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:30 PM

WAIT... people actually want this?

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

WAIT... people actually want this?

Well you wanted GTAV on Wii U. So yeah seems people want dumb stuff on Wii U.

#8 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:52 PM

Well you wanted GTAV on Wii U. So yeah seems people want dumb stuff on Wii U.

no comparison but ok?

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:06 PM

Yeah people want crappy stupid games on Wii U. Some people actually want Watch Dogs on Wii U. GTAV is not a good game. Mechanically it's bad. It's written by the man child from hell Dan Houser who can't get ethnic or female characters right to save his dick and runs around the office with a proverbial binky.

People want another play with virtual lego's then yeah whatever.

#10 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:13 PM

Yeah people want crappy stupid games on Wii U. Some people actually want Watch Dogs on Wii U. GTAV is not a good game. Mechanically it's bad. It's written by the man child from hell Dan Houser who can't get ethnic or female characters right to save his dick and runs around the office with a proverbial binky.

People want another play with virtual lego's then yeah whatever.

Well I made it noted MANY times the reason I actually wanted GTA on Wii U. First it has NEVER been on a nintendo HOME console. I think early on It would have been good for Wii U (third party) core image to get such a game. Also believe it or not a well made GTA game on Wii U would actually sell well I think. Also rockstar is a studio I think would not crap out a crappy port... but there is a first for everything (pc aside).

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:17 PM

Well I made it noted MANY times the reason I actually wanted GTA on Wii U. First it has NEVER been on a nintendo HOME console. I think early on It would have been good for Wii U (third party) core image to get such a game. Also believe it or not a well made GTA game on Wii U would actually sell well I think. Also rockstar is a studio I think would not crap out a crappy port... but there is a first for everything (pc aside).

It would not sell and lol you don't know R*. It's run by morons. Just about everyone there is a moron. Why the ones with a lick of sense quit the hellhole.

#12 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

It would not sell and lol you don't know R*. It's run by morons. Just about everyone there is a moron. Why the ones with a lick of sense quit the hellhole.

I think that is really dismissive to say. GTAV "IF" released with the ps360 version with graphical improvements, and gamepad usage would have sold better than anything ubisoft put out on Wii U i would be willing to be that. I mean between those two console it sold like what 15 million or something.

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:54 PM

I think that is really dismissive to say. GTAV "IF" released with the ps360 version with graphical improvements, and gamepad usage would have sold better than anything ubisoft put out on Wii U i would be willing to be that. I mean between those two console it sold like what 15 million or something.

lol. No man. Anyone who wanted the game got it already on those systems. People want GTA on Sony or MS. It will be a miracle if Bayonetta 2 even hits 1 million and it's exclusive and you want a year old last gen game on Wii U. Watch how Watch Dogs does. Crap. Look how Batman Origins did and was released on the same time. GTA on DS that Iwata and Shiggy came to NYC for to tour R* offices for. Sold like crap so much so R* tried to make up for it by porting it to PSP which had success with Vice City Stories. You want R* to make ice cubes in a furnace. It's freaking stupid and utterly pointless.

#14 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:01 PM

lol. No man. Anyone who wanted the game got it already on those systems. People want GTA on Sony or MS. It will be a miracle if Bayonetta 2 even hits 1 million and it's exclusive and you want a year old last gen game on Wii U. Watch how Watch Dogs does. Crap. Look how Batman Origins did and was released on the same time. GTA on DS that Iwata and Shiggy came to NYC for to tour R* offices for. Sold like crap so much so R* tried to make up for it by porting it to PSP which had success with Vice City Stories. You want R* to make ice cubes in a furnace. It's freaking stupid and utterly pointless.

I said released with improvements OVER ps360 version at the SAME time..... I would have sold more than ACIV im willing to bet. The ds GTA was a bad decision from the jump. What parents was going out and buying GTA for their kid on DS. They should have manned up and released a home console GTA for the 100 million selling Wii instead of that. would have done a ton better

Edited by GAMER1984, 25 September 2014 - 07:03 PM.

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:11 PM

Keep telling yourself that..... :rolleyes:

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:21 PM

Yeah, all of that will take time to add in. All I was saying is that they can add all of that to the game faster if they code well from the get go. Minecraft looked like a nokia phone game, but you needed a decent pc to run it on full graphics (at the start, anyway).

Anyway, here's the FIRST SCREENSHOT GUYS.
u_craft_screenshot.jpgThis screenshot already shows some improvements over Minecraft, most notably the higher quality block textures and proper dynamic lighting (shock horror!). The blue blocks may be a type of block that doesn't exist in Minecraft, since nothing else looks like that. Also, the clouds look like clouds. This probably means you won't be able to climb up higher than the clouds.

The clouds are a skybox man. It looks like a bad minecraft texture pack.

Mine crafts simplistic take on lighting is meant to be gameplay functional rather than realistic... The shadows make me wonder if that is the case for mine u. But if it is, and also has those dynamic shadows, then thats a thumbs up.

Honestly, if this has red stone/electronics wiring equivilant and some manner of machine making (like pistons) Ill probably give it a go.

I tend to make an automated pop up shoothouse/target range for every minecraft clone that gets as far as basic mechanical electrical. So far survival crafts in depth electronics is my favourite.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:18 PM

Keep telling yourself that..... :rolleyes:

and you do the same

#18 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:05 AM

The clouds are a skybox man. It looks like a bad minecraft texture pack.

True. The clouds are a skybox, as I said this probably means you won't be able to climb higher than them like you could in Minecraft. Hopefully it's not a bad skybox tho. Some movement in those clouds would be great, and I hope you can't spot the corners of the box (I HATE THAT).

Overall I'm cautiously optimistic for this game. It'll need to differentiate itself from Minecraft somewhat, but that shouldn't be too hard.

bi5tzqg.gif

#19 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:09 AM

this thread is giving me the

minecraft_creeper.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#20 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:11 AM

this thread is giving me the

minecraft_creeper.jpg

spotted green dick?

Think you better get that checked yo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Minecraft, clone, copy, still gon be gud cos mojang, sucks, and, they, had, to, not bring minecraft to wii u

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!