11 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:38 PM

POPULAR

I think I have discussed this many times before but here goes… First of all, we [Platinum Games] are developers and receive support from publishers by making games that they request or suggest.

As for Bayonetta, we developed the game after signing a deal with SEGA. Later it was decided to also develop the sequel, so we started working on Bayonetta 2.

When development had progressed to a certain degree, in SEGA’s situation it turned into “This isn’t a good plan”, so development halted temporarily.

Without funding we didn’t have the possibility to continue development, but we wanted to get this partially developed Bayonetta 2 available to the public one way or another. So we offered it to various publishers, but as it is a big title, we couldn’t find a partner company. Finally, Bayonetta 2 was about to get terminated completely, when…

Nintendo came in and lent a hand and we were able to restart the development we so desired. Finally the game was released last week, so in five years, we were able to make Bayonetta 2 available to the public.

Knowing those circumstances, if someone is still angry for heading towards Nintendo, I wonder what’s the reason for that, wouldn’t you tell me in a way that is easy to understand?

As I have said earlier, if you want Bayonetta 2 on PS4 or Xbox One, how about trying to ask Nintendo… If Nintendo doesn’t say yes, it’s not going to happen… While you’re at it, try asking for Mario and Zelda too…

http://nintendoevery...saved-the-game/

#2 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:24 PM

I'm glad he made it even more clear now (though he shouldn't have had to in the first place). Also that Mario Zelda thing was a nice touch.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#3 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:55 PM

if I am not mistaking this is a VERY old quote but never the less.... I like his point basically STFU and buy a Wii U if you want to play bayonetta 2 and the defenitive version of 1.

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:04 PM

if I am not mistaking this is a VERY old quote but never the less.... I like his point basically STFU and buy a Wii U if you want to play bayonetta 2 and the defenitive version of 1.

click the damn link.... :rolleyes: Translated from last week. He has said before to ask Nintendo if they wanted it on PS360 now he says PS4one. Went into greater detail about the situation. This was much more direct than the past. This is the most up front and bold he has been with it and the part in red is new.

Edited by Ryudo, 30 September 2014 - 10:23 PM.

#5 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:12 PM

The last bit that you bolded Is literally the same thing he said months ago. But you sit there and laugh at silly GAMER1984 for not clicking the link -- what a fool he is. 

sarcasm, in case that didn't come across

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:28 PM

The last bit that you bolded Is literally the same thing he said months ago. But you sit there and laugh at silly GAMER1984 for not clicking the link -- what a fool he is. 

sarcasm, in case that didn't come across

yeah read the quote on another site but that bottom part was pretty much word for word what he said before.

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:07 AM

well you peeps do realize something has to be said OVER and OVER for it to resonate.  :)

He may have said the same words or similar before (which I remember) but that doesn't mean the beggars actually listen.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:01 AM

Except the part where Bayonetta 2 was halted by SEGA is a recent development. This was something no one knew before. So that is very specifically new.

#9 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:08 AM

So does SEGA retain any actual rights or role in the game? Or has it just officially transferred to Nintendo?

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:10 AM

So does SEGA retain any actual rights or role in the game? Or has it just officially transferred to Nintendo?

Don't think so. Boxart would be telling and there isn't anything Sega. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:16 AM

SEGA owns the IP still of the series. Nintendo owns all publishing rights for Bayonetta 2. The code of Bayo2 is likely Nintendo's.

#12 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:56 AM

Kamiya wins 1 to zilch!

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta