27 replies to this topic

#1 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:06 AM

http://www.techradar...tandard-1268241

"At Ubisoft for a long time we wanted to push 60 fps. I don't think it was a good idea because you don't gain that much from 60 fps and it doesn't look like the real thing. It's a bit like The Hobbit movie, it looked really weird."

"Alex Amancio, the game's Creative Director, reiterated this point: "30 was our goal, it feels more cinematic. 60 is really good for a shooter, action adventure not so much. It actually feels better for people when it's at that 30fps. It also lets us push the limits of everything to the maximum."

Bayonetta says to go flock yourself ubisoft.

Dont you you damn DARE try to tell me what I think 'feels' better.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:12 AM

http://www.techradar...tandard-1268241

"At Ubisoft for a long time we wanted to push 60 fps. I don't think it was a good idea because you don't gain that much from 60 fps and it doesn't look like the real thing. It's a bit like The Hobbit movie, it looked really weird."

"Alex Amancio, the game's Creative Director, reiterated this point: "30 was our goal, it feels more cinematic. 60 is really good for a shooter, action adventure not so much. It actually feels better for people when it's at that 30fps. It also lets us push the limits of everything to the maximum."

Bayonetta says to go flock yourself ubisoft.

Dont you you damn DARE tell try to tell me what 'feels' better.

They really don't think before they speak... or they do and are just that dumb. They should just say we are dropping the 60fps standard for parity because MS said so.

Edited by Sorceror12, 09 October 2014 - 07:13 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:19 AM

How the hell can 30 fps be better than 60 fps IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE?!? I don't even need to explain how it's better, more frames = better. There's no way around that.

Ubisoft has been taking a turn for the worse the past few years...

Edited by Chrop, 09 October 2014 - 07:19 AM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#4 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:58 AM

Ubi pls, stop.

I don't even...

#5 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:54 AM

Sounds like an excuse to half ass their way through this years batch of AC games. Which would not be a good idea, considering AC is arguably Ubisoft's biggest franchise and money maker.

#6 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:56 AM

30 fps and maxing out graphics can be bad because if the framerate ever takes a dip, you WILL notice. Whereas with 60fps, it just seems harder to tell.

#7 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:07 AM

ubisoft, you are a idiot. 

#8 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

Well this very much looks like them attempting the brainwashing that the cod director was recently talking about. You guys see right through it, but I guarantee you there are a lot of people falling for this crap.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

No. TEN FRAMES PER SECOND IS BEST YO!

Lets aim to make it 10 because that gives the best slideshow experience!

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:07 AM

No. TEN FRAMES PER SECOND IS BEST YO!

Lets aim to make it 10 because that gives the best slideshow experience!

i prefer stop motion 

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#11 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:09 AM

Ubisoft does it again! How long until they call gameplay "unnecessary" because It gets in the way of the cinematic experience video games are clearly meant to be?

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:23 AM

Ubisoft does it again! How long until they call gameplay "unnecessary" because It gets in the way of the cinematic experience video games are clearly meant to be?

Quantic Dreams been doing that since PS2 era lol. That garbage passes for games somehow.

Really just bad cable movies.

#13 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:49 AM

you CAN NOT compare a movie frame rate to a video game, its 100% different
with a game you feel the freaking feedback without smooth or choppy it is, with a movie its a constant 24fps (thats the standard for most movies if I recall correctly) 

wa3Nq7j.png

#14 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:52 AM

Now I realize what was missing when I saw that Hobbit movie in theaters,

ps4-frontview.png

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:01 PM

Now I realize what was missing when I saw that Hobbit movie in theaters,

ps4-frontview.png

And this

TAL323d.jpg

#16 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:09 PM

How the hell can 30 fps be better than 60 fps IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE?!? I don't even need to explain how it's better, more frames = better. There's no way around that.

Ubisoft has been taking a turn for the worse the past few years...

ahhh.

its not better but it does let them add more.

i.e.  30 fps you might have 100 people on screen at once. Now 60 fps you might only be able to have 70 people on screen before you start to get slow downs.

But yes there wording is crap. They dont know how to talk at all.

And if you have the processing power and ram you can push the frame rate and turn out some good looking stuff. I watch 3d movies alot any they play so smooth at the high frame rates and look butter smooth. But that is for a movie not a game that has to be made on the spot.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#17 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:49 PM

I have difficulties playing Counter-Strike at anything less than 120 fps.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#18 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:56 PM

i prefer stop motion 

Nah. Stop motion is good for a shooter maybe, but slideshows are what you want for an action/adventure game. Trust me on this.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#19 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:51 PM

Quantic Dreams been doing that since PS2 era lol. That garbage passes for games somehow.

Really just bad cable movies.

What are you talking about? The gameplay in their games is there to enhance the emotional impact of their scenes, they clearly don't think gameplay is unnecessary, on the contrary, they think it's a necessity to properly transmit to the players the emotiontm they want them to feel.

The thing with Quantic Dream is that they're not good at the whole writing thing and they're sacrificing interactivity for the sake of telling a story, so all their games just aren't very engaging.

Also, for some reason they don't seem to notice that there are more emotions than just sadness and that videogames have been toying with them since their inception. That's kind of weird and creepy.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#20 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:06 PM

What are you talking about? The gameplay in their games is there to enhance the emotional impact of their scenes, they clearly don't think gameplay is unnecessary, on the contrary, they think it's a necessity to properly transmit to the players the emotiontm they want them to feel.

The thing with Quantic Dream is that they're not good at the whole writing thing and they're sacrificing interactivity for the sake of telling a story, so all their games just aren't very engaging.

Also, for some reason they don't seem to notice that there are more emotions than just sadness and that videogames have been toying with them since their inception. That's kind of weird and creepy.

Cage isn't good at anything other than ripping other concepts off passing them off as his own. Spoiling his games in the beginning. Forced sex scenes out of nowhere. Terrible characters,Terrible dialogue. No Gameplay just QTE fest. Cage is as narcissistic as they come.

Oh and gotta love this garbage lol

I will never back down that is the worst game I ever played and I own ET on Atari played Superman 64 and LJN games as a kid. Omikron was awful but  a forgettable awful. Stopped giving it a chance after Heavy Rain total trash.

Edited by Ryudo, 09 October 2014 - 09:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!