Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:00 AM

POPULAR

So as some of you may have noticed (or at least, I hope you've noticed) I haven't exactly been around a whole lot lately. This is namely for a few reasons, which I'll try to elaborate more on.

• I got a job

There's basically the biggest reason. Around mid-September, I got a job as a dock worker at what is, apparently, the #1 Goodwill in the state. Hours are good, but...seemingly random. There're three shifts, Open (8:25am-5pm), Mid (10am-6:30pm), and Close (12pm-8:30pm) and my week usually consists of any combination of those three, five days a week. While I'm okay with working the job, it's left me tired and wanting to leave time for things other than this site, like family/close friends/gaming. Now, this does not mean I'm leaving the site. I'll still be around, just not as much (again, as I'm sure you've noticed) and I'm still keeping up on gaming news/releases as often as I can. Enjoying Smash 3DS in small doses, 100%ed Shadows of Mordor and about to work on PS+ games/Destiny some more, in fact. 

I have been slowly working on drawing stuff. Not on Art Academy, just in general. I'd like to think I'm improving, if only slightly. I might upload a doodle page or two, but that could be a long time coming.

• Where I hope to be eventually

I'm not quite sure how long I'll be at this job. Again, it's not that I don't like it, it's that it's really tiring and it's not quite what I want to do with my life. Currently, I'm saving for a beefy-ish laptop for gaming, video editing, and possibly game creation (more on that in a bit). After that comes a car and possibly my driver's license.

Now, my hope for the future is to try my hand at gaming-oriented/etc Youtube videos. I already have a few ideas, I just need the various equipments/time to do it. Computer, capture card, microphones, camera, etc. I'm not sure if this'll actually go anywhere, but I figure it couldn't hurt to try. Close friends have told me I'd be great at it, and I think it'd be a great deal of fun. It's just the matter of getting the equipment/actually doing it. Whenever I actually make a video, I'll try and show it off here.

The other possibility I've been kicking around is getting into game creation. Again, I've got a few ideas I've been kicking around for years, just never had the opportunity to act upon them. Hopefully I'll be able to mess around with programming/3D modelling once I have a new laptop. Again, if I actually get anything done, I'll try and show it off here.

• What I'm doing now

Basically, I'm just going through the motions. Working, gaming, friends, family, going through life and just trying to be okay with it all as it comes. I'll still be here, even if I'm not as active or talk-y as I used to be. Who knows? Maybe I'll actually be good at the Youtube thing and get famous-ish. Or I could get a game or eight out. Gonna find out soon, I hope~

120px-NessSprite.gif

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#2 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:09 AM

Thanks for the update. Good luck with everything! I'm excited to see what you'll come up with when you get the chance!

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#3 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:13 PM

Good luck, dude. Exactly what kind of videos are you planning on making?

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#4 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:19 PM

Game creation is a tough beast. Either you have to be a jack of all trades to make a good game with good graphics, gameplay, etc., or be willing to pay out of pocket to get what you can't do there. I've tried it and have practically given up on it, only to have a little interest rise up in me again. But one thing is for sure: I probably won't make a living off it any time soon.

#5 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:38 PM

I've found after doing various jobs that it's not neccessary having a dream job that's important.

Instead having a job that's ok, decent money and hours that are not going to drag me down means I can enjoy other parts of life such as friends/working on my car/gaming etc.

Also, with the Youtube thing you need to be slightly different and/or have a personality that will get you subs even from non gamers, assuming you want to make money from it.

#6 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:52 PM

Well job's a job, so take it easy. Hope things turn out well for you. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#7 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for the update. Good luck with everything! I'm excited to see what you'll come up with when you get the chance!

Thanks. :) I'll try and post things here if I'm not entirely embarrassed by them. xP

Good luck, dude. Exactly what kind of videos are you planning on making?

Game reviews, let's plays, livestreams, maybe a small amount of original stuff. Maybe a SFM video or two if I can teach myself how to work it. Just something to have fun with friends and have fun doing in general.

Game creation is a tough beast. Either you have to be a jack of all trades to make a good game with good graphics, gameplay, etc., or be willing to pay out of pocket to get what you can't do there. I've tried it and have practically given up on it, only to have a little interest rise up in me again. But one thing is for sure: I probably won't make a living off it any time soon.

Oh, exactly. I'd have to learn well...just about everything. So it could happen, it might not, but I want to at least try, y'know? I'm not trying to even brag or anything when I say this, but I think I've had a few gameplay design ideas that could very well be revolutionary if they were programmed right. I could easily be wrong about that, and I have no idea how I'd program them, but again...worth a shot, right?

I've found after doing various jobs that it's not neccessary having a dream job that's important.

Instead having a job that's ok, decent money and hours that are not going to drag me down means I can enjoy other parts of life such as friends/working on my car/gaming etc.

Also, with the Youtube thing you need to be slightly different and/or have a personality that will get you subs even from non gamers, assuming you want to make money from it.

Well, I do like the job. The people there are nice, the work isn't that bad aside from having to lift TVs nd the pay is alright ($8.25 an hour with monthly bonuses isn't a bad gig), it's just I wish I had a consistent schedule...makes it hard to schedule things with friends. Like, today was the first time I got to hang out with irl friends for about a month and a half because I've either been busy with work or just dog tired. 

As for making money with the Youtube thing, that wouldn't be priority one, but it'd definitely be a path I'd love to take.

Well job's a job, so take it easy. Hope things turn out well for you. 

I'm tryin to take things as easy as I can. Thanks a lot. :>

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#8 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:40 PM

Hope you find success and enjoyment in making gaming videos. I'll definitely check them out whenever you make them! Also, I wish you the best in drawings and improving them. It might even inspire me to become a better artist! (I'm not that great at drawing, btw).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!