• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:06 PM

Not talking about the score. I don't give a flying frak about scores. Just them trying to be keyboard warriors. It's the trend right now. Polygon is full of idiots and agenda bias idiots. Just gaming journalism as a whole is a joke.

Well, I dont care about scores EITHER, but here its a pretty big deal, as that score goes to metacritic WHICH, publishers use for bonuses, its leverage. Which brings us to what you said:

Well, yeah. Yes indeed. They do appear that way dont they?

If thats what they want to do, if thats the standard they want, fine. Cool. Go for it. Do it.

But be CONSISTENT about it. STAND by it, all the time. ESPECIALLY in the face of publisher squeezing like GTAV. If they arent, then they appear exactly like you have described them.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:55 PM

Well, I dont care about scores EITHER, but here its a pretty big deal, as that score goes to metacritic WHICH, publishers use for bonuses, its leverage. Which brings us to what you said:

Well, yeah. Yes indeed. They do appear that way dont they?

If thats what they want to do, if thats the standard they want, fine. Cool. Go for it. Do it.

But be CONSISTENT about it. STAND by it, all the time. ESPECIALLY in the face of publisher squeezing like GTAV. If they arent, then they appear exactly like you have described them.

Except Ryudo is saying (and I gree with him) it isn't cool. Who gives a crap if she's sexualized, it's a fun game for people who see it's purposely overdone. Whining about a game being sexualized when you know it's going to be sexualized is stupid. It'l like me playing horro games, knowing I hate horror games and then igiving it a low score be cause it's a horro game and I hate horror. Just don't play and review the game in the first place.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#23 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:07 PM

Can't wait.

The games I own and love on Wii U averaged on Metacritic between 75-85% which I rate higher, so Bayo 2 full game must be incredible.

#24 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:46 PM

Except Ryudo is saying (and I gree with him) it isn't cool. Who gives a crap if she's sexualized, it's a fun game for people who see it's purposely overdone. Whining about a game being sexualized when you know it's going to be sexualized is stupid. It'l like me playing horro games, knowing I hate horror games and then igiving it a low score be cause it's a horro game and I hate horror. Just don't play and review the game in the first place.

Because there are other people in the world besides you.

Its OK if someone writes a review with their values in mind. If you dont feel the same way. Go read another review, there are plenty out there to choose from.

Again, this is why metacritic is a cancer. It breeds this intolerant kneejerk defensive behavior. Its a part of the publisher brainwashing and leverage system.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#25 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:56 PM

Because there are other people in the world besides you.

Its OK if someone writes a review with their values in mind. If you dont feel the same way. Go read another review, there are plenty out there to choose from.

Again, this is why metacritic is a cancer. It breeds this intolerant kneejerk defensive behavior. Its a part of the publisher brainwashing and leverage system.

Yes it's okay if they right it with their values in mind, but you still have to ask why review it in the first place. If I saw a game called "Kronicles of the KKK: Kill Those Krazy N!ggers 

I wouldn't play and wouldn't review it. It's against my values, I have no interest. If you want to show that you think something is wrong and damaging, write an article not a review, obviously.

Really proud of that alliteration :D

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#26 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

Yes it's okay if they right it with their values in mind, but you still have to ask why review it in the first place. If I saw a game called "Kronicles of the KKK: Kill Those Krazy N!ggers 
I wouldn't play and wouldn't review it. It's against my values, I have no interest. If you want to show that you think something is wrong and damaging, write an article not a review, obviously.
Really proud of that alliteration :D

Because there are people who ARE interested, and yet have that opinion on the sexuality, and for them that review would be useful in knowing what to expect. Hell, Arthur was interested. He loved the hell out of the game, except for that part he took issue with.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#27 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

So Maddy Myers who is a well known feminist (and sadly one of gamergates favorite targets) wrote a review for Bayonetta 2.
 Gave it a 9.5 rainbow all over polygon

wwm421C.jpg

#28 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:19 PM

Because there are people who ARE interested, and yet have that opinion on the sexuality, and for them that review would be useful in knowing what to expect. Hell, Arthur was interested. He loved the hell out of the game, except for that part he took issue with.

that's a terrible defense. You still have not shown how a review was the appropriate place to show his dislike for sexualixation. He knew it would be sexualized, played it any way, complained about the sexualization and punished other forthis. Also, people who are reading reviews for the game already know of the games existence and therefore know it will be sexualized. You think people were like "Oh yes Bayonetta the game I've been following. Hmm reviews are all good. What's this a 7.5? Whhaaaaaaaaattttt? Secksualization!!1??11?? I had no idea!!!!!

So Maddy Myers who is a well known feminist (and sadly one of gamergates favorite targets) wrote a review for Bayonetta 2.

wwm421C.jpg

The fact she didn't include it in her review doesn't excuse her opinions. GamerGate has an essential disagreement (and so do I) with what she's saying that's why she gets "attacked".

Edited by WydrA, 13 October 2014 - 05:20 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#29 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:19 PM

wwm421C.jpg

AND BLAMMO ya found it! Thats EXACTLY what Ive been talking about!!!

When its people who dont have any leverage power, or think using such leverage is distasteful (Todays Nintendo), Polygon has no trouble matching its review scores with their opinions.

But when its a AAA Publisher backed blockbuster, it all gets swept under the big 9.5 meter rug!

THAT, is what REAL corruption in gamz girnolizm looks like!

Its NOT giving a low score because of an opinion you truly believe, its caving to Publisher pressure to give a high score you very obviously DO NOT believe.

As far as sexuality and sexism goes, Sexuality >< sexist. For example, I dont feel Bayonetta is sexist, because despite being, clearly, an exhibitionist, and despite all the camera angles, Bayonetta is never portrayed as a helpless sexual object, shes never denied agency. Its more like shes mocking than tittilating, cause seriously, whos going to grab a stepladder and try to force themselves a peice of some of that?

So yeah, I dont agree with Arthur, I just simply respect his right to have that opinion... Particularly if it ends up being a way to get Polygon to begin lowering scores of over rated AAA garbage... To mantain consistent integrity with this stance...

It would make my damn day.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#30 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:55 PM

played the demo and it feels so good. I want to ask seriously... I know its not doing well in Japan but how much of an impact can the west make? I will really be sad if this game doesnt sell at LEAST a million. Like this is the game worth buying a console for. This should be a so called "system seller" I just want this game to shut up a lot of people that hate Nintendo for getting it. ITs a great game and even better that it is even being made Nintendo made that happen.

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:02 PM

played the demo and it feels so good. I want to ask seriously... I know its not doing well in Japan but how much of an impact can the west make? I will really be sad if this game doesnt sell at LEAST a million. Like this is the game worth buying a console for. This should be a so called "system seller" I just want this game to shut up a lot of people that hate Nintendo for getting it. ITs a great game and even better that it is even being made Nintendo made that happen.

It just skyrocketed into Amazons top 10 :D

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:24 PM

It just skyrocketed into Amazons top 10 :D

thats a good sign I just do not want to get hopes up and it flops hard like the detractors are saying it will. They want this to fail so bad just to say, look they were crazy to put this as exclusive on nintendo even though Nintendo made it happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!