• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:07 AM

http://wiiudaily.com...campaign=buffer

nintendo-eshop-web.jpg?f358e0

With Microsoft and Sony both having fully functional version of their online game service available on the web, Nintendo is an outlier in that the eShop is only accessible through the Nintendo 3DS or the Nintendo Wii U. That could be changing in the future, thanks to some investigations by the folks at NeoGAF. One poster decided to poke around Nintendo’s servers by replacing the Miiverse part of Miiverse’s address with eShop. this led him to trying to access ‘http://eshop.nintendo.net‘ which surprisingly works.

The site right now is a place in order to redeem download codes and not a fully functional eShop. Having an eShop code on hand, the poster tried to enter it on this new site and thought he failed, as he was given no confirmation that the download is happening. However, after checking his Wii U, he saw that the game, Kirby Super Star was fully downloaded and ready to go.

redeem-web-nintendo-640x400.png?f358e0

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

Huh. Seems like it's basically confirmed, then, that a version of the eShop is coming to online. At the very least it'll stay how it is now with the download code input area...

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#3 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:28 PM

Great. I always dont like to turn on the 3ds/wii u to check if there is any sales, or if a games on it or not. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#4 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:35 PM

I know this is off-topic, but can we have the miiverse app? Or better yet, an app that has Miiverse, the eshop, and your friend's list all in one place?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:38 PM

About time, promised "summer" 2 years ago, finally have a code input box.

way to go nintendo, only 10 years behind.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!